My newest project is to get this Boss DR up and smoking. I'd like to use it for deer or antelope next fall. Here's the rub--I know nothing about loading BP. I've only reloaded shotshells. Also, the gun came with a bag full of 444 marlin cases and .43 hard cast lubed bullets which it uses, according to the previous owner. But, the 444 cases aren't an exact fit--the gun chamber mics to .560 at the rim, .470 base tapering, as near as I can measure to, .459 at the neck. The length looks good at 2.225". The biggest concern for me is that the nearest I can mic the bore at the muzzle, it is .41 between lands. With 7 lands & grooves, I don't have equipment to measure more accurately than that. Both bbls were slugged and I have those slugs which measure .429 o.d., but again, with odd numbered rifling, I can't be precise. The rifle is too nice to sit in a safe, and the bbls are in tough enough shape externally (internally, the bores are very clean and the Henry rifling sharp) that I won't feel guilty shooting it. But I sure don't want to blow her up.

Cutting to the chase, where do I start? Thank you!

Last edited by K Crowley; 02/26/10 10:16 AM.