Pete, I am interested in seeing more pictures. That picture looks like mine. Could you put a picture with more of the description and whatever else you might have.
They are calling it Cockerill special.

I have a few questions; When I went to pick up gun, I noticed it was slightly off-face. Got it home and checked it with feelers and is .003 loose. Looking at area of hinge pin, I see a center pin, so I get a drift and lightly tap it and feel that it is moving. Drive it all the way, and find out it releases the cocking levers. Take the fancy screw plates off, and see inside that the hinge pin has a slotted head also. Notice that I can turn it slightly, but what is holding it. Notice on end of receiver a retaining screw, take it out and now I can turn hinge pin and take it out. Mike it up and I can see about a .002 difference. Rotated pin 1/4 turn and marked for a new pilot hole for what I will call anti-rotation pin , Try barrels and no movement. Job done. Replaced the other hardware and assembled and everything is tight.
Question, is this common for European guns to have, and do any American guns have this feature. If not were the Europeans the only ones smart enough to know that wear will occur and the hinge pin will have to be rotated or replaced?

The more I look at this standard grade gun, the more I like the workmanship and quality.

Another question, in measuring the different pieces, and gong to my decimal/metric chart, the sizes are not even increments. Example retaining pin for cocking levers. .139=3.53mm, hinge pin diameter .334=8.48mm.

Many years ago I worked with machines set up with Metric dials because that's how the prints were. They gave the decimal in quotations, but in my opinion using the metric machines was easier. We had machines in both 1 for 1 and 2 for 1. The 1 for 1 was nice for close tolerance work.

I think I will like this gun, but I still like the "elsies".

David