Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Originally Posted By: GregSY
I don't think modern shooters are any more 'proper' with their low drops than the old timers with their high drops. I still don't understand why guys want to shoot with their neck all crunched down. I'd like to try a gun with 4" drop.

Marketing strategies haven't changed in the last 150 years. The only way to obsolete a perfectly functional good piece of equipment and sell a new one is to change the fashion. Get George Digweed to shoot a 9 pound side by side with 26" barrels and 4" of drop and in two years 90% of all the guys shooting the Perazzis would be clamoring for Galazan to make them one just like George's.

I don't mean to single out sporting clays shooters or Perazzi shooters. I am susceptible too. I have a snow ski boot story that covers three decades. The short version is "You gotta get front entry, rear entry boots just can't work as good", then "You gotta get rear entry boots, by the it's very nature the front entry boot can't give you the control you need" and then "You gotta get front entry, rear entry boots just can't work as good".

I only fell for it twice.

Best,

Mike

That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is it in a nutshell.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein