I have a friend who used to stock guns for Malin. He came from Britain, found Franks shop and Frank offered him a job. I'm not sure how long he worked there, but it wasnt that long of a gig , less than a year I think. He left Franks to come to American and to work at a gunshop in Lewisville, Texas with the likes of Kirk Merrington and John Foster. My friend says that all the guns he stocked at Malins were actions, locks and barrels from Spain. He and the rest of the craftsman who built these guns werent too impressed with the quality of the parts from Spain, he even made the comment that for the most part, alot of it was pure rubbish that required many hours, extra hours to get them to function somewhat properly. He did say that most of the other lads working at the shop were indeed from England, alot of them having worked in various English gun factories.
After listening to my friends stories about his time working at Malins, it sounds like Frank was one heck of a story teller, a bit of a miser and at times a crochety boss. Sounds like an interesting fella.

Dustin