It is hard to deny the similarities between early Harvey Rodgers work, and John Dubiel stock work. One thing that I have been wondering, is who influenced who, or did they stock in the style that their boss told them to? I hope Micheal does not mind that I stole a couple of his pictures for this discussion.

If I got them right, the middle rifle is a Hart Arms marked Rodgers, whole the other two are Dubiel stocks. They both had there own cheek piece style, but the similarities are obvious and from this side I would have a hard time telling them apart. Later Rodgers stocks have some added refinements such as his treatment of the forward part of the cheek piece, comb nose fluting, and a slight swell in the middle of the pistol grip on the right side. I don't know the exact time line as to when they each began working at Hoffman. If one had started mch before the other it may be that the one who came later had to follow the style that the other had developed. I would be very interested in your thoughts Michael.

Thanks,
John