Silly Moi!! I thought a French clunker was either the Chatcquat WW1 machine gun designed by a team of drunken Chinese acrobats, or the numbnutz who came up with the great Maginot Line concept after WW1- all the guns had fixed positions facing West toward Germany-didn't take the Wehrmacht sappers long to do the same thing we do when shooting wary woodchcuks- when he pops out of the hole and spots you, do a 180% on him, 99 times out of a 100 he'll be looking in the same direction as before when he does his "Up Scope" number-

Also recall what George Smith Patton Jr. said about the French- how he'd rather have one French division ahead of him than three French divisions backing him up-- Best movie line about the French (and I mistakenly thought Geno was a Russki- apparently he is a Frenchie- c'est la vie) was from the detective spoof movie about 20 years ago "Murder By death" Peter Falk plays a street tough Sam Spade in the "Clue at the Two-Two Twain" Mansion, and James Coco plays a swishy Hercule Periott-- Falk snarls at him (Coco) "Up yours, Frenchie!" and Coco replies saucily: "I'm NOT a Frenchie, I'm a Belgie!""

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..