Last week, I purchased the Sukalle Martini, being discussed in this thread. The Post Falls Idaho Cabelas guys did get the spelling wrong. Markings on the barrel clearly state "W.A. Sukalle Gunmaker Phoenix AZ. On the left side of the barrel near the breach is the mark 218. On the underside of the action body, is the serial # 58603.

As soon as the rifle arrived, I took it to a local gun range, with a 10X Unertl scope borrowed from a gunsmith friend of mine and ran 100 rounds of Fiocchi .22 Lr. standard velocity ammo. down range. Though the trigger pull was the heaviest I have ever felt, it appears it will shot well. I managed a 20 shot 1" group at 50 yds. This in spite of a hurculean struggle to hold the rifle still while shooting, due to the trigger pull that later measured 15 lbs.

So, I went back to my gunsmith friend, who was able to bring the trigger pull down to a managable 5 lbs. I expect sub 1" groups at 100 yds. on my next shoot tomorrow, with continued improvement as the gun and I get to know each other.

As to the mark 218, you got me there. Is it possible to modify a 218 Bee breach on a single shot rifle to accept .22 ammo?

One problem troubling me is how to clean the barrel. Several Martini related sites warn against cleaning from the crown end. With the spoon shaped breechblock, it is impossible to insert a cleaning rod from the breach. Though other pictures of Martini actions have shown a cleaning rod insertion hole at the rear of the action body, mine has none. Any suggestions?

As soon as I figure how to post pictures, I will.