The Google link is to sites having to do with the specs on industrial preparations and a dictionary site which simply translates weichlot as soft solder without commentary. I assumed the stamp on the Merkel o/u barrels could only refer to the "traditional" process of attaching doublegun ribs, appearing as it does in proximity to the proprietary Bohler stahl stamp. This is the stuff that adheres the stuff, so to speak. Not much logic in that as I don't recall other marques calling attention to their attachment methods unless having to do with mechanical interlock (dovetail lumps, thru lumps) and then not with a stamp on the gun. This rumor of epoxy attachment is interesting!

What's the time frame on exhaustion of stockpiled pre-war components? Nothing but Gebruder Merkel Suhl left side on my gun. But there are guns with English language stamps. "Made in GDR," "Germany East" are two I've seen recently in photos. Some have Euro market features (cheekpiece stocks, sling swivels) but some don't. Does 1970 sound about right for the appearance of the GDR stamping. Odd sort of thing. East Germany closed the econonmic gates to the West; why stamp guns in English?

jack