Originally Posted By: SDH-MT
That is the 99 we were shooting on Sunday. I'll tell the new owner a thing or two about his rifle!

BTW : I spoke with James Tucker today and he said both he and Monte made and checkered grips for Terry's S&W, different styles of target grips made as ONE-PIECE grips. I you look closely at the two piece grips I made for the first gun posted here you will get a perspective on how difficult that was. Made from pipe burl!

And both James and I have quit making handgun grips for other folks, they just take tooo much time, tooo much money. The last set I made cost $1000 and when I told the client he said, "Don't ever tell me they cost that much, just bill me. I can't believe I would pay that much for a set of grips!" They were bookmatch target grips for a large frame S&W, extensively checkered and piano finished. Many, many, many hours!

Steve,
Over the years I’ve thought about building a Colt single-action in the style of G&H and Kornbrath circa 1924. I have worked most of this out in my head but learned there is no such thing as a pre-war Colt SAA that is anything but very valuable, never mind there are thousands for sale at any given moment. It would be a 4 ¾” .44-Special, S&W rear sight, Colt New Service target front, Engraving in the same place and style as the very early G&H’s, burl one-piece fleur-de-lis pattern grips, just like the early G&H and in a Patton Holster ;-). Dreams are good and they cost nothing.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014