Tanky, I can't help there and wonder if it was a later addition. The only Gunmaker who used an ace of clubs as a trade mark was Thomas Wild but he put that inside the heart, diamond and spade. Not all Midland guns were marked Solid Bar, that had that type of action, but it was a sort style they had making out that the gun looked like a full bar action and could be engraved like one but that the action had less cut away so was therefore stronger. The 1937 clatalogue lists the Farmer's Hammer Gun in 10 bore as an option at £9 5 shillings; it was a bar plate back action like yours but by then it had a cross bolt type closure. It could be an early one as it has some similarity and their guns didn't always follow the details printed in the catalogue. I had a 20 bore of theirs which had a top rib extension in the form of an ace of clubs or clover leaf shape. Sadly I no longer have it. It was the Demon model but not as shown in their catalogue.

Can you tell me if it has any other trade marks or initials on the barrels? Lagopus.....