That Hofer is one more interesting piece. I do wonder if the rifle is also an ejector and how. Schienen Drillings/Rib Drillings/Rail Drillings were Schonzeit Gewehre, closed season or off season 3 tube guns that had handling characteristics like a double. I've also seem the referred to as woodrunner/woods runner guns. Also note on the Hofer that the top tube doesn't appear to be circular like most of the modern production ones similar to ones found at Traditionelle Jagdwaffen Fertigung, http://www.tjf-jagdwaffen.de/english/index.htm (select assortment from the top menu), whose current examples are 3 tubes although Hofer's and pre-WWII I think were mostly rectangular. Auto sights are impossible and I would think a Greener crossbolt or doll's head extension all but impossible. All pre-WWII examples I've seen didn't have a rückstecher/single set, trigger but Traditionelle Jagdwaffen Fertingung offers a rail drilling which is like a combo rifle-shotgun with a smaller rifle calibre, say 6X70, atop, have 3 locks and a separate cocker. Scope mounts are a task and I believe there to be 2 schools of thought as to whether or not a rail drilling should have a piece of glass atop it or not.

Tinker how do you select the rifle and is the top tube rectangular on top?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 06/12/09 11:00 PM.