Originally Posted By: QTRHRS
GJW,

Seems the thread has gotten away from your question. I've watched your odyssey of aquisitions over the past few years and finding that "sweet" handling you are fond of in the English and Spanish guns will be much harder in the American guns but not impossible. I wouldn't worry too much about the inherent weaknesses of any manufacturer. If you can find a gun that is in fairly high original condition or one that has been carried a lot and shot a little you will likely have very little or no trouble using appropriate loads.

The hard part will be finding the dynamics you enjoy. Look for a FW frame L.C. (usually about 6 1/2#), an O frame Parker (these seem to have a greater variation in weights) or a Fox with 3 or4 weight barrels (6#s +/-). You specify graded ejector guns in the Fox and Smith and ejectors in the VH. The cost the first two in a 40-60% may seem high and a VHE "O" with modern dimensions will blow ayour doors off.

A new adventure, have fun.

Hi and thanks so much!! I do appreciate the comments and your suggestions. I will take them to heart.

Again thanks!! This is the kind of info I was after.

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret