Quote from Ted:
"Cherry bomb, Italian SXS-There was a time when the Rev, or others, had a modest collection of blown up Fox pictures at hand. I didn't save them, because I don't give a rip, not ever having owned one, and with no desire to do so. This isn't because I believe them to be inferior to any other period design. I would guess that the examples we have seen (and, there have been quite a few blown up Fox guns here, and elsewhere, over the years, don't kid yourself) have been abused, either by owners with limited understanding of the guns limitations, (Burt Becker's use of them for his waterfowling ideas may burden every single Fox ever built with a reputation for indestructability, acted out on by past owners) or by gunsmiths (I'm thinking of one right now, who's nickname is "The Torch") who favor the Fox design for re-sale, after working their "magic" upon it."

Ok Ted:
I now see where your coming from here. I am well aware of the cracked frame problem, but in all honesty, I have never seen a Fox with a destroyed barrel that wasn't obviously due to an obstruction. I have recounted in prior threads the use/abuse I subjected my own Fox to over the years before I knew any better.
The fact that mine is still tight and onface is to me a tribute to the strength and integrity in its design and construction. I personaly think it's the strongest American double ever made after the Winchester Model 21.
I own several more expensive and sophisticated guns today but this Fox will always occupy a special place because it never let me down.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.