I am attempting to determine history and value for this old gun. It was brought back from Germany in 1945:
Basic info as follows:
Recently, a friend of mine ask me about a rifle she inherited from her Dad. She is not interested in selling this rifle but is more interested in its history. She thinks her Dad brought it back from WWII in 1945. I have never seen anything like this and cannot find a single shred of information on the weapon. The only markings are the 'serial' number on the butt plate and the name "R. Schroeder Halle a/s" on the top of the barrel at the breach. It has 4 barrels; one apparent shotgun, smooth bore about .410; two side by side rifled barrels approx. .30 maybe a bit larger; and a small rifled barrel on top around .22. I have not miked these barrels, only observed and approximated the caliber. I am including several pictures and would very much like any information you might have on this interesting piece. Other than being a bit dirty (60+ years in a leather case) it is in remarkable shape and has nice engraving all over.
If the size of these photos is too large please let me know and I will try and reduce them a bit.

Any information as to history and/or current value would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Bill Marx, Sr.; 03/15/09 09:26 PM.

Bill Marx, Sr.
Kenbridge, Va. 23944