I had no idea that shears were like shotguns .. with so many opinions. I have owned and used Case XX, a coupla expensive Hoffritz and Italian 'game' or 'poultry' shears that looked like first cousins to the pic Chuck posted [quickly given away to a coupla brides that thot they needed expensive] and some others that I don't remember their particular brand. Long story short, FISKERS game shears, available in either riveted or take apart models, beat everything else hands down. I prefer the riveted model, but both have the same exact blade and the bone cutter is a wavy little grind near the rivet. I also have quite small hands. If you are going to need to cut bones much larger than quail then a small cleaver or hatchet makes for short work. The Fishers game/kitchen shears are inexpensive and they are real workers. They are among my most prized possessions and I keep a pair in the car/truck, in the kitchen and at any camp I have set up or base. There, they are kept with the freezer zip lock baggies, both quart & gallon sized.