Originally Posted By: SDH-MT
I have a framed print of Lee's, Fisher's Peak, and a couple of her small original oils of Fisher's from that time period. Bet you were shooting iron over the hill?
Did/do you know Dave Sullivan (Westwind Rifle, CO), a classmate of mine and Racine,WI, Obermeyer friend?
Ed taught me well and I think of him often when working walnut.
Lots of memories.

Sorry Steve, I know the Westwind name but have never met or spoken with Dave. My acquaintance with Boots is strictly that, an acquaintance based upon my interest in barrel-making and his kindness in responding to my queries. A true gentleman.

I was completely floored by my first view of Lee's big treatment of Fisher's Peak in their living room, truly spectacular! And yes I visited Raton but didn't shoot, just enjoyed a couple of mornings spent on the overlook in the park behind the town. Tried to convince My Bride to move out there but no luck....this time.

Also visited K&P Rifle Barrels there in Raton and ordered a cut-rifled 22RF from them. They kinda surprised me by saying that they couldn't find any gunsmithing students that were interested in working for them part-time! When I was @ TSJC in the '60s my roommate worked for Paul Mayer the reamer maker there in Raton, but according to Ken & Peggy the students of today aren't interested in learning the barrel-making trade. Or maybe K&P didn't pay enough.....

I always thought Prator was the coolest instructor there because of his neat little Triumph TR-3 with the racing stripe and leather hood straps. And then there was his natty little bow tie and his extremely biting comments upon my (lack of) expertise!
Regards, Joe

You can lead a man to logic but you can't make him think. NRA Life since 1976. God bless America!