treblig1958

I appreciate your enthusiasm at my 100 yard group, just a lucky 15-shot group ;-). As a Schuetzen shooter who thinks a rifle should perform at the ½ -MOA level with lead bullets a 100 yard group just under an inch with jacketed bullets is OK for a Varmint rifle. This is a varmint rifle and made for shooting woodchucks so I’ll say it’s a “Minute of Woodchuck” rifle.

A.O. Niedner is marked on the barrel but this is not one of his custom barrels, he used both Winchester and Savage barrels in .25 caliber when building most varmint and target rifles. I don’t remember the twist but when I get time I’ll check.

Steven,

A wonderful idea and I’m honored that you would consider this. I am so far behind in my research, writing and my next book I just don’t see an end in sight. I’ve thought about this idea before and if I could do everything I wanted the book would be ‘Custom Single-Shot Sporting Rifles Then and Now” I contribute the “then” you the “Now”.

Regarding a new forum for classic rifles here, something like that would be a great idea but would also cost Dave more money, how much I have no idea. I would, as the saying goes, put my money where my mouth is and pledge $100 to startup cost.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014