Originally Posted By: BrentD
I know that gun!

Well, I don't personally but apparently it is cased with mould and bullets and back in the day, some friends of friends thrice removed owned this rifle and did some bore, bullet and mould measuring for me and other that were reinventing wheels.

We are still reinventing but had a lot of fun speculating on the stuff with that rifle.

More pictures of any accoutrements (and dimensions!!!!).

Brent

Brent,

You may be thinking of another rifle. Several years ago at the Winter Las Vegas gunshow I found this rifle on a table, no case and no tools. It was several hours into the first day so I was broke by then. I talked a friend here in Anchorage into buying the rifle. I tried to find the original photo that the wood-cut was made from with little luck. I understand that the rifle will be in the new Remington Rolling Block book but I have no idea what is written about it.

Mike,

The .25-Krag that we know today was reported on by Ned Roberts in some early articles of his. I believe that the .25-Krag was developed by F.W. Mann circa 1903-06. A few years later A.O. Niedner brought out the .25 Niedner-Special known today as the 25-06.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014