Many of the phone calls I get are from excited folk who have "found" a 70s or 80s vintage Darne, produced during an era when the writers were almost unanimous in the declaration that short tubes is the best stuff since sliced bread, and how much should they pay (now that they already have payed) what grade is it, and what ammunition can it eat, and who can work on it, etc. They simply can't understand why I don't share their enthusism at their new, 25" barreled, 4 pound and change, 28 gauge, or, really, much, much, worse, 410 caliber gun. "Why (insert dumbassed writer from 1977 issue of Field and Stream magazine name here) wrote that short barrels were fine for a smallbore gun I'd use" or words to that effect.

I've often wondered if they get their dogs the same way. And what becomes of those hapless pups?

Still, I've no doubt I could sell every short barreled second hand Darne 28 that came this way, which, I don't. Somebody can shoot them well, but, I'd bet it might be someone built like my wife, 104 lbs and 5'5". or so, what used to be called "willowy", a term not heard much anymore since everyone is now fat, according to the 'gubament.

To put this all in very proper perspective for you, the last "film" we saw was "Chicken little". My wife really enjoys American cartoons, and what the little lady wants, she gets-with the possible exception of a really short barreled gun. Maybe she can't shoot them well, either. I'm not going to find that out after I cut the check. 'Y-all shouldn't, either.
Best,
Ted