Originally Posted By: LeatherWoodSteel
Im not the most technical shooter, but I can prove this article is BS rather easily. Drop a modern shell into your classic double (assuming it is safe to shoot) and pull the trigger. Doesnt feel very good, does it? Now, drop in a low-pressure RST shell. Feels sweet, doesnt it? Its that simple. One feels like crap. The other does not. The rule I follow is this, I shoot an old gun with the closest thing to the ammo it was made to shoot. The end.

For meaningful results, one must compare Apples with Apples, not with Oranges.
Picking up an old loading manual which was lying near at hand I find a 2 3/4 DE- 1 1/8oz load @ 1145 fps giving 10,100 PSI.

Using the same case, same primer & same wad but a different powder I find a load giving a 3De-1 1/8oz load 1310 fps @ a PSI of 9,500.

Also still using the same case & primer, but with different wad & powder, I find I can move 1 3/8 oz of shot with a 3 DE powder charge to 1245 fps @ a pressure of 9,600 PSI.

Now "IF" you're trying to tell me that because the lightest load listed has the Highest PSI that it will have the most Recall, THAT is the Very Epitome of BS.

Recoil IS NOT determined by the max chamber pressure, period.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra