April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (KY Jon), 371 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,228
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wow-- any thoughts from the gruppen?? To my mind, about as logical and effective as the anti-gun States and their "Magazine Capacity" regs..
What say you, gents?? RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 03/26/19 08:58 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is ongoing litigation about this, and a temporary stay in place by the DC Circuit for people who are members of certain 2nd Amendment groups. And you can join those groups online for a reasonable price ($30 I think?).

Sidelock
Sidelock

Instead of a bump stock ban, this is worth the read.

https://chuckbaldwinlive.com/Articles/ta...ubio-Et-Al.aspx

Cliff's Notes:
It is a 'red flag law' being proposed by Republican Senators, (RINOS) and all a person has to do now is accuse any gun owner of being unstable and the authorities and all the alphabet agencies can come to your residence and confiscate all you firearms, including our beloved doubles.

The link posted for information purposes.
If you want to write/ email you Senator about this proposed legislation, you can.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The problem with our ever-retreating gun liberties lies as much with shenanigans and confusion on the Right, as with the chicanery on the Left. The latter are, who they have always been. At their core they dislike America as it was founded, and bolstered by all manner of either exaggerated or completely fabricated shibboleths, they seek to remake it.

The Right, on the other hand, suffers generally from being split into two camps, each with their own sub-camps.

On the “Center” Right:

(A) Globalist RINO’s who see gun liberties as an impediment to the broader expansion of gov't in our lives (McCain/Romney/Graham). This group should be publicly vilified and voted out of office, as they bear little difference to Statist Leftists like Hillery Clinton.

(B) Well-intentioned, but grossly mistaken people, who value the optics of being “reasonable” more than our core liberty. Many in this group can and will eventually be corrected as to the truth of our national situation -- and the Left's true intentions -- and there remain some great people still on this side who we need working toward Liberty’s end.

On the “Liberty” Right:

(A) "Mostly" philosophically correct, but socially unpalatable and misguided people, who choose “antics” over “intellectual argument,” thereby clowning their own side. Like the idiots who took over Malheur NWR. Even acknowledging the Govt’s hot-handed approach in dealing with them, they did more to make gun owners look kooky than they do to help, even if their "passions" were in the right place. And there are some very bad apples on this side who probably aren’t the responsible gun owners we should be looking to promote the idea of in the public mind.

(B) Steady, fact and argument based individuals who understand that setting the tone and establishing “who we really are and what we’re really about” is the path toward WINNING HEARTS AND MINDS. Not settling for the short-lived and cheap satisfaction of hinting at civil war around the corner, which only scares the sleepwalkers. That would be a heart-breaking event…not something we should be rooting for.

This is where we want people to be. Calm in the face of vitriol, but steadfast in our reasoned, articulate resolve. Armed with facts and logic in the face of the Left’s mindless emotional bluster.

If group B on the Center-Right joins group B on the Liberty-Right, and we can hold the two A groups at bay...we prevail.

Nudge

Sidelock
Sidelock

I understand, Chief Justice John Roberts just declined to hear the case that would block the ruling banning bump stocks. I guess this leaves it in force, for now. I guess it will now be up to someone who is "charged" for possession of a bumpstock to show it does not fit the definition of machine gun as plainly stated in the law. Or maybe someone that loses his property( bumpstock) can sue for the same reason.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

What I hate about this whole bump stock issue is it puts me into an awkward position.

On the one hand I really can see how using one of these things DOES effectively make a semi into full auto...which is against the law.

But being mindful of the Left (and their media) not giving even an inch on literally ANYTHING gun related, we're right to be reluctant to agree to the banning of these things UNLESS we get some explicit concessions on other [more meaningful] matters.

It pains me to feel this way, because right is right. But the Left doesn't play this way, so it's only prudent to demand they concede in return.

Nudge

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't care about bump stocks and don't care if they are banned. What I do care about is they claimed they are something they are not. If they can claim they are machine guns, they can classify anything they want to as machine guns, even if they don't fit the definition. We already see many talking heads talking about "simi-automatic machineguns".
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

How is a bumpstock gun NOT a "machine" gun? What is in the 1934 Firearms Act that makes this distinction?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

in simple technical terms,
a machine gun fires multiple rounds with the single manipulation of the trigger.
a bump stock does not change the way a semi automatic fires. pull the trigger/fire one round. reset the trigger and fire again and reset, and so on.
with a bump stock the rifle still requires a press of the trigger for each shot. the bump stock uses recoil to allow the action to move rearward so as to effect trigger reset and then the forward momentum of the rifle within the housing of the bump stock makes the finger contact the trigger again firing the rifle again.

Last edited by Brian; 03/26/19 02:26 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

It fires multiple times with one muscle contraction of my trigger finger. Both a bumpstock gun and a gas or recoil operated machine gun use recoil as well. I understand what you are saying but it seems pretty trivially different to me. Be that as it may, it looks like bump stocks are a thing of the past.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.