I certainly see nothing in your post which is untrue. So what in there in my post--and in my quote of Thomas--which is untrue? You're saying it in 2019; Thomas said it in 1964; Burrard said it before that . . . and in the quote I produced, straight from "Gough Thomas' Gun Book", chapter entitled "Danger in Case-Length", p. 261, Thomas gives Burrard credit for having said it earlier.

I'm glad you don't want to continue the discussion with me . . .because, just like the last time we got into a discussion on Thomas, you don't have his book to quote from. So you're condemning him based on memory that you cannot confirm. And one reason I have his books is so that I can confirm what he has said (or hasn't said) on various subjects. I'm a few years your junior, and I've learned not to trust my memory concerning something I read a decade or more ago. Nice to have it on my bookshelf, straight from the horse's mouth . . . so to speak.

Nowhere, in anything I've read by Thomas, does he state or even imply that he was the one who proved that it was perfectly safe to fire 2 3/4" shells, loaded to appropriate pressure, in guns with 2 1/2" chambers.

Last edited by L. Brown; 02/23/19 06:48 PM.