Hi, I'm brand new to this site and have recently been getting to cleaning up and looking up the specifics on my father's (who died a few years ago), grandfathers, and great grandfathers guns. I'm 54 and these guns will most likely go to my son Josh who's 8 so they stay in the family. The guns consist of a Browning O/U superposed (gold trigger), 3 Remington 1100's (2 - 12GA and a 410), 2 Ithaca's 37/37R, 2 Winchester Model 12's, a Springfield 87A and Wards Western Field 40 22 longs, a Savage 110L 243, and various other's including my Great Grandfather's Iver Johnson Special Trap 12GA with serial number T7843.

The IJ Special Trap in fairly good and shootable shape, but I need to find the cushioned pink and black butt piece for the stock which is missing. The release lever is also a bit loose, so I'd like to fix this at some point, but right now it still works ok. I recall my father using the IJ, Ithaca's, and Winchester just as much as the 1100's since he used to say the 1100's made it too easy for pheasants, ducks, geese, quail, deer, etc....

I was wondering if anyone here could tell from the Serial No T7843 what year or timeframe it's from. I was thinking 1920 - 1929?

I will add some pictures of the IJ when I get a chance over the next few days.

Thanks!

Rick

Rick