April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (dblgnfix, ClapperZapper, Ian Forrester, AGS, Gunning Bird, 2 invisible), 410 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,060
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've never been but am going tomorrow. Will bring some old pieces along just in case (William Ford chamberless 10 and a beautiful cased Greener), but mainly going just to see nice doubles for a change.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went on Friday & left Saturday & had a great time. The hors de ouvres Friday evening was a nice touch. I've never seen so many Parkers in one place. CSMC was having a garage sale.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

It was another tremendous event with who know how many visitors, and so much to see one would need to have been there to appreciate its magnitude. The LC Smith and Parker Collectors enjoyed another great exhibit and competition; and Team Parker managed to break a 4 loss skid by besting Team LC in the 14th annual Challenge shootout by 2 targets. Both teams again had attendees from "all over". Team LC greeted one member from Alaska and another from Canada; and both organizations had attendees from all over the continental US. I was privileged to me several individuals I'd "known" thru their posting and word of mouth forever, but had never had the chance to meet personally. The fellowship at the Southern and the Smith/Parker tent was amazing, and is a characteristic of this event that seems to get better with each passing year. I'd encourage anyone who's into double guns and who've never had a chance to attend this event to put it on his "bucket list"; it's an excellent experience that will always be remembered.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I attended my 1'st Spring Southern with my shooting partner Mike. We had a great time shooting and seeing the exhibitor's tents. Plenty of shells expended and I was pleased with my shooting on the main event course. ( How can one crush the 1'st four clays and miss the last 2?) Managed that on two stations! I enjoy pre-WWI doubles and added to my education with maker's, design and patent information by examining and discussing the various fine guns presented by the many exhibitor's. Resisted the temptation to purchase another double but could have done serious damage if I weakened just a tiny bit. My trip was made by meeting the gunsmith at Atkin, Grant & Lang. Alan was kind enough to explain the patent ejector's on my Grant. He took them down and gave them a light cleaning and reassembled them all the while explaining each step and what to be careful about. The still work very well at 123 years old but the springs are getting just a bit soft. I now can get replacement springs and put them back into top condition. This experience made my trip! A big thank you to Alan for taking the time to help me out.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.