April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jem Finch, Jtplumb, eeb, rtw, 2 invisible), 998 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,121
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don, would you like to be the one to go tell the girl's parents that their views on snakes have nothing to do with the little girl's death? I think your question will be answered after you get up off the ground.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I view Rattlesnakes in the same category as Pit Bulls. They are dangerous and should be delt with. Other Snakes I can get along with. I have Rattlesnakes, Coral Snakes, Copperheads here to deal with.Only the Rattlesnakes are aggressive enough to eliminate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The girls death was a terrible thing and an uncommon thing to have happened, but that is not the subject at hand.
Stay on track! It's your view that is being dealt with here.

Stallones, Pit Bulls are much worse!

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I leave non-poisonous snakes alone and I don't worry about them biting my dogs. Rattlesnakes are another matter and I kill every one I run across while hunting. In the last seven years my dogs have been been bitten three times by rattlesnakes. Last summer one died from a bite and the other two incidents were near fatal. Two of the victim dogs had been snake trained including the one that died last summer. I now get the rattlesnake vaccination for my dogs. I am not advocating the extinction of rattlesnakes but I certainly wouldn't mind if they were absent from where my dogs and I go. Certainly other snakes and predators would fill some of the "natrual balance" disrution left by their demise.

The bitch that died last summer was the first dog I "trained" myself. She was a house pet besides being a birddog. All my other birddogs are house pets too. Every morning she fetched the paper and every morning since she died I think of her as I go out to get the paper. She slept with us and begged food and did all the parlor tricks and was house broken perfectly. She would hop on the couch and set beside us content just to be near us. This morning I had planned to take my new 4 month old turdhound puppies out to the birddog club and run them but I just couldn't stand the thought of them possibly getting bit by a rattlesnake and my wife wasn't pleased with the idea either.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06/07/08 01:54 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I killed a large rattlers this am that was about 125 feet from my home along a path i was fixing to take to throw away a armadillo i shot last night! My hound treed him and i cut his head off with a bush hook! This is the 25th rattler i have killed in the 18 years i have lived here.Three in the last three weeks! I still roam the fields and woods but keep an eye out for them! All 25 killed in close vicinity of my yard and one was in my gun shop looking at a Parker or was it a Fox! Bobby

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.