March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dale May), 769 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with Jim and will add that it should be required for the seller to have contact information listed in their profile. -JB

GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

And there's no reason to keep this warning; it obviously serves little purpose:
''No Handguns, bolt-guns, Pump-guns...etc. Only break open multi-barrel sporting guns. No paramilitary firearms or other non-doublegun items allowed.''

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen....sorry for the brief reply but the sixth grade band concert starts in 15 minutes and I have the video camera all warmed up.

I am very aware of this thread and will reply more fully later this eve.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

How many times have we on this forum talked about Black Diamond Winchesters and Mod 37's ect. The members for the most part show alot of intrest in these guns and I see no problem with them being added to the allowed guns in the sale section. I believe all members should have contact info in their bio so folks can contact them for gun purchases and to become a member. I don't think we need alot of banter in the sale section but some thimes questions asked help all.
Rob this is the only gun forum I use and we both know the header has been there forever. Books and DGJ have always been big sellers but are not listed as OK

Sidelock
Sidelock

Didn't know Will, I just saw your registered date as being very recent. You stated "I would like to see the sale section state its for sporting and collector shotguns and rifles no modern type milatary stuff." and I replied it's already there.

It's my feeling that books about doubles & the DGJ are included in the term "double gun items". As are tools, cases, shells, loaders, etc.

Slow news day.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Gentlemen....sorry for the brief reply but the sixth grade band concert starts in 15 minutes and I have the video camera all warmed up.

Dave just said it all regarding this topic. If you don't like the ads, pass 'em by. JL seems to have a new suggestion every week about what he doesn't like around here. Fussy, fussy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK...I'm back. Concert was great...I was incorrect as it was both the Middle school band followed by the High School band...lucky for me I had extra DV tapes and the power adapter for the camcorder!

For Sale section…

#1 - I have always provided latitude to members who have been courteous enough to ask prior to posting for sale ads. This would include those who personally sell DGJ collections, Ithaca Model 37's...et al. As I feel these are legitimate sporting items and/or fine firearms. I would expect the same fee if the listing was successful and honestly all the members who have ever asked first then posted have been more than honorable in their commitment to the terms of the for sale section. I prefer the preponderance of ads to feature SxS guns and rifles…so long as the “Other fine Firearms” and related are in the minority I have no issue with them being in the section. For that matter I can light up another forum with related items but there don’t seem to be enough of them to warrant the change.

(Random rant thrown in below just because…it’s true….Or, at least I think so.) I have always been pissed off by commercial ventures who feel the BBS and its members are worthwhile for their advertising so long as it’s free….Apparently only their time and products are worth money where as my time and my product is not….go figure.

#2 - Initially the for sale section did not allow for replies to posted ads...the only party who could modify the ad was the original poster...primarily with the expectation that the ad would be marked sold at that occurrence. My initial intent was to eliminate the deal making portion of the program from the public forum. I had numerous requests to allow two things…a longer edit period for the poster and the ability for replies to expedite communication between the negotiating parties who could not figure out how to email or PM each other. So I did...up till now this has not been an issue.

As always the DoubleGun BBS is a work in process (a software upgrade will be coming up over the next couple of months). I am happy to make changes that are requested by a majority of the members so long as they are inline with the core values of the site. (e.g.…SxS propagating)

I will watch this thread and see how active it becomes...as more individuals weigh in I will decide what if any changes I will make.

Thank you,
Dave Weber

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,

I think that you should take it Private. It is a private matter, between buyer and seller.

Sidelock
Sidelock

keep sales private. I do not want my wife finding out I am looking for another sxs

Benny Kirkham
Sidelock
Sidelock

I vote for private. The listing party should post plenty of contact info , email, phone , etc. Thanks

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.