May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (David Williamson, MattH, Jtplumb, 3 invisible), 373 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,153
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Specifically, the "fitted" subgage tubes of which I have a set in 20/410.

The tubes ejectors extend past the barrels ejectors and over the reciever,when using auto ejection,they continue on in movement,
meaning you cant close the action without manually pushing them in and out of the way.

Is this normal for fitted tubes??
Seems to me ejector travel should be same/very close to same .

Sidelock
Sidelock

They set up tube sets for the ejector travel of the gun the tubes are fitted to. One possibility is that you sent only the barrels to Briley and the ejectors extend farther with the barrels off the gun than they do when they are in the gun. They would then make the tubes with ejectors that would extend as far as the ejectors on the provided barrels extend. That is why Briley prefers that you send the whole gun for tube installation. I don't like to send the whole gun, but this is a good reason to do so. If you sent the whole gun for fitted tubes, I would call and explain your problem. They will probably have a "fix" that may not involve making new tubes, only fitting new ejectors that have a shorter travel. You can see by looking at your ejectors that a shorter travel can be designed using the ejector cuts in your present tubes. Unfortunately, they may want your gun. By the way, I have not had the long travel problem with side by sides because my Briley installations in side by sides have all been extractors, not ejectors. Good luck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I own two sets, they both do the same as yours. I just push them back down with the next set of shells before closing. If not shooting again I push them back down with my thumb.

Mark
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes,thanks,
I only sent the bbls well insured.
No whole gun for security sake.
I removed the forend ejector springs,
[I was going to do it eventually-this was the opportune moment]
and that curtailed the rearward movement of the long "throw",
but removing a fired shell manually appears to still retract
them as far as with ejectors.
Emailed Briley,and the salesguy says thats the way.
I may machine a tiny spacer and accraglas it in there if I dont get a set of unfitted ejectors from them,this is easy work.
Only thing I can think of is that they may form cracks/break if not allowed enough extra distance upon auto ejection.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have had four sets, never saw this problem except when they have been used for many years and then the fit to the barrel becomes loose. The ejectors will then move them out. A dab of fingernail polish on the outside of the SS chamber fixes this but must be repeated every time they are put in the gun.

Bill

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Even though I only sent the barrels,you could tell the amount of travel just by pushing on the ejectors underneath.
I`m starting to think this is S.O.P. with these.

B

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have shot both Briley and Kolar tubes in registered skeet and have never had nor heard of this problem.

I will say this for Briley, if you have an issue they are extraordinarily response and accomodating.

Don't ask us...ask Briley :-)

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a set of Brileys in a K-80 and do not think that this happens on mine. I could be pushing them down with the next set of shells also. I would call Briley.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.