May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (lagopus, dogon, fullandfuller, FelixD, Lloyd3, 1 invisible), 721 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,541
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Franc Otte:

And you have the other set of Toledo tubes. I have to make better notes. I can tell you a little more about Toledo Steel Works than I can Drawn Steel Company. John Henry Andrews had an electro-plating business from the 1860 till the 1920s. His mark was "Toledo" surmounted by "hand & sabre". In the late 1800s the John Henry Andrews Toledo Steel Works in Sheffield(Neepsend Works?)(1892-1926-1 source) made crucible steel and convinced America to buy the steel for the Brooklyn Bridge from his firm. I read one souce that noted he used the Bessemer process, Bessemer-Mushets, or some modified Bessemer to make his crucible steel.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 03/22/08 11:12 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen, Isn't this DB/Gunshop"The tits"...So much to learn, so little time! (By the way a 'tit' on a Purdey S/O Beesley
Action is located....Where?.). This is pure JP&S Workshop slang. I have been asked what type of Action the 2 Chapu guns had.. Both were Top Quality Side-Locks,Gold washed all inside parts....cc/dt

Sidelock
Sidelock

crossedchisles(Mr. Trevallion):

If you are referring to the "Tit-Bit" near the knuckle of the Purdey action, the tit-bit butts against the lower parts of the ejector tumblers forcing them to rotate on their respective axes.

One interesting note on the Brooklyn bridge is that the German immigrant John Roebling, an engineer, experienced a crushed right foot(toes) while on a ferry moving some timbers, within a fortnight, tetanus set in and he died of lock-jaw in a month or so. I'll get the "rest of the story" and the specifics if anyone is interested.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 03/23/08 06:37 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey, I think we may be talking about the same part on the action. Its real name is the "Drop" made fitted & regulated by the Ejectorman. It regulates the "drop" of the Barrels when the top-lever is opened. I will talk to Rev Drew to see if he would be kind enough to post a couple of "Pics" for me .I have just replaced and modified 2 JP&S 12b...cc/dt

Sidelock
Sidelock

crossedchisles(Mr. Trevallion):

Would it be the lower projection on the action with the upper projection being the "Cross Bar"(fastened to the knuckle)? You've asked the question at a most opportune time as I'm trying to wade thru "The Modern Shotgun" by Major Sir Burrard and I'm in the "Special Actions" chapter.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 03/23/08 07:36 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.