May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Argo44), 873 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,511
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

good gawd will you guys take a breath. the real estate market in the u.s. and worldwide has been on a drunken binge the last five years. did 40pct annual appreciation ever seem crazy to you? now that many of those fraudulant loans from the sub-prime market are falling through there will be some price adjustment. meantime investors have abandoned real esate and are buying commodities i.e. oil because the other investment alternatives like bonds have rates that are unattractive. you guys think those with money will buy up all the guns? heck they're going to buy real estate, as soon as it bottoms, because it will be a great opporunity. guns are like candy to the very rich. what's 100k to them? meantime they'll be picking up mothballed housing developments for pennies on the dollar.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yogi-
Do you think all that war money went directly to these wealthy people?... If we look a little deeper these Business Owners created thousands of jobs(many high paying) that created the commodies that the war machine required...Sure the big guys got some big bucks... but the unemployment numbers in the US has remained very low for a long time... I still feel that anyone that has the 'energy' to work can still find employment fairly easily...

Sidelock
Sidelock

On real estate, I thought it was crashing in CA. But yesterday I heard a house on my street went for near 3 times what I paid for my house 11 yrs ago. Seemed crazy to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
On real estate, I thought it was crashing in CA. But yesterday I heard a house on my street went for near 3 times what I paid for my house 11 yrs ago. Seemed crazy to me.

that's encouraging. my brother is in real estate in the east bay area and he describes it as "blood in the streets". there's a year's inventory to burn through.

certainly there are areas where speculation went wild like san diego, florida, arizona, las vegas where most of the correction will take place. anytime you have buyers buying new construction on pre-sale and selling six months later at 20pct profit you know it's insane and cannot last. there are also areas like stockton where a lot of sub-prime stuff was bought and is now being repossessed by the banks because many of those buyers should not have been buying, at least at those prices. there are other areas that didn't really go sky high and only a minor correction will take place. here in the pac nw we never went ballistic so we'll be lucky if only a 10-15pct correction will take place in this downturn.

Sidelock
Sidelock

vOte Osama Bama...

him and his Preacher are going to save the world.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

High conditioned original guns thru the ranks will still have star power. Others may have a tuff go of it.
Now I'm not saying to sell your guns for food lads, but just to stay ahead in the gun game.
Horse trade your way to a few betters now - thats my story!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Only one thing for certain Lowell....there's one way in and one way out of here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hansli
I'm sorry you think someone called you a bigot. Here's an ice cream cone.

I never gOt one....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jerry6stl
It seems to me that we are all doing pretty well!

We have multiple SxS shotguns in the closet or safe, enough shells to shoot, and time to play on the internet. Most have a spouse, a bird dog, some bucks in an IRA, and at least one jug of hooch.

Life is GOOD!

JERRY

Lowell must be out of hooch...

QUOTE -- "Do I get an apology for being called a bigot?"

Wow man Chill NO ONE called you a bigot. NO ONE. I simply asked a question. And when that QUESTION was ansered I immediately replied that 'I got it. Thanks." No accusations there, my friend.

Sentences with ? at the end are QUESTIONS.

Demanding apologies when NO offence was intended is how problems start. I asked a QUESTION.

http://www.icm.cc
transforming ideas into reality
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.