May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Der Ami, ksauers1), 760 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,719
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maloney, you are a trouble-maker. (Smile. I don't know how to post icons.)

Like a moth to a flame. I should let these foolish threads -- and in more than one instance, galactically ignorant rants -- alone, but they fascinate at the same time they repel.
It has always amazed me how quickly the "right" wing demonizes and disparages not just their opposition (i.e., Hillary, Kerry, Dems, Libs, etc.) but also their own when somehow they don't sufficiently pander to some special interest or party line. Imagine that, having a mind of your own, as John McCain has on occasion exhibited. Was McCain a war hero? How about John Kerry? Max Clelland? The soldier who blew the whistle on Abu Ghraib? Disagree with McCain, or, on a larger scale with Kerry, for public stances on issues, but understand one thing: they served honorably. Any disparagement of this fact renders all your loud pronunciations of patriotism and "support for our troops" meaningless. You parrot patriotism without honoring it.
Let's make one thing clear. Terrorists, whether Al Qaida or Islamic radicals of another persuasion, do not pose an existential threat to this society, this nation. They have no army of any consequence that can stand against ours. They are capable of random acts of violence and occasional catastrophes such as 9/11, but they cannot bring down our government or nation. We will do that ourselves -- out of fear and base motives. Divide and conquer. Put in place laws to surveille everyone and everything; relinquish the moral and ethical high ground; adopt torture as a means to an end; use lies and propaganda to advance agendas; add the arrogance of power to ignore and break laws already in place; demonize those who don't share your views or values or point out those things you don't want to hear (those damn Liberals and Liberal Media!) Seven and a half years of Bush and Conservative agendas have given us: 9/11; two failed wars (not militarily. Politically and strategically); a 2 trillion dollar debt; the worst international reputation in every recent poll; Katrina; a 2 trillion dollar debt; Enron; Jack Abramoff; a 2 trillion dollar debt; a backward standard of living for a vast number of Americans; a dis-functional gov't. divided along ideological lines; a 2 trillion dollar debt; a tanking economy; long term environmental problems and a looming environmental catastrophe; a 2 trillion dollar debt ...
But here's the good news: you guys still have your guns -- and a V.P. that REALLY knows how to shoot one. The bad news is that within a short space of time you won't have anything to shoot at. I don't suppose we should place any of the blame for that on the enlightened environmental policies of the environmentally conscious Republican administration and Congress. Don't forget the immortal words of Sen. J Inhofe, Republican of Oklahoma: "Global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American public." I'd amend that to "the Bush administration", but, hey I'm partisan as hell.
Oh well. When game disappears, you can use your guns on all your perceived enemies of the Republic. Lowell can use his squirrel gun, Homeless Joe his 10 ga.. Jim Legg will make his presence felt as will Tanky and others, and Larry can provide intel and carry the "flag".
I trust y"all will take this in the spirit intended. "Careful where you point that gun, son."
Regards,
Will

JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JonR

Obama could hardly be called a friend to law-abiding gun owners, but he is better than Hillary Clinton in that regard. Since he doesn't take special-interest money, at least he won't owe Sarah Brady, George Soros et al like Clinton would.

Obama is a board member of the Joyce Foundation, which is whole-heartedly anti-gun and funds anti-gun activities.

JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Will S.
It has always amazed me how quickly the "right" wing demonizes and disparages not just their opposition (i.e., Hillary, Kerry, Dems, Libs, etc.) but also their own when somehow they don't sufficiently pander to some special interest or party line.

And the left is different how? We stand to lose no matter who wins.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JM
Obama is a board member of the Joyce Foundation, which is whole-heartedly anti-gun and funds anti-gun activities.

True.

And he's still preferable to Clinton, IMO.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A good squirrel rifle is worth it's weight in gold; if and when your big SUV gets you there, it just might turn out to be a lead free zone! Could be even a little public wilderness area with the names of wildflowers along the pathways.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, aside from Will's discussion above, Obama looks to be the favorite at the present. If some of the above observations are correct (and I am too lazy to Google them), then Obama may be somewhat supportive of the right to own guns. And, he sure as heck will be into individual rights.
I suggest we all send him money and tell him we are doing it because we know he supports the free citizens right to own guns.
Economic persuasion, of someone who is not intractably against you, is really what drives politics and resulting policies.
So pony up boys.
Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Will, since time began, the Dems have had a reputation for "eating their young". Unfortunately, a bunch of rightwing blabbermouths (aka talk show hosts) are trying to convince the Republicans that's a good idea. I'm suspicious that some of them may be counting on better ratings for their shows if a Dem wins in Nov. Personally, although McCain was not my candidate of choice to start with, I'm doing my best to keep the cowboys on the ranch.

But I have to point out more than a bit of hyperbole in your post. I don't blame FDR for Pearl Harbor, even though we had far better reason to be prepared for that attack than we did for 9/11. Blaming Bush for 9/11 falls into the same category. Iraq . . . you can certainly blame him for that. But Clinton was president for nearly 2 1/2 years after AQ attacked our embassies in Africa, and what did he do about them? Had his counterterrorism point man, Richard Clarke, tell the Bush Administration "this is a threat you really need to worry about". Maybe he was more worried about Monica. And Katrina . . . now you're blaming Bush for the weather? Let's see, Iowa had the worst floods in its history in 1993. Clinton came, tossed a sandbag, bagged a photo op. Analysis: Dems cause floods, Republicans cause hurricanes. But Al Gore . . . he invented global warming.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
... And Katrina . . . now you're blaming Bush for the weather? ...

I don't think anyone has blamed the current Administration for the weather. But the way "You're doin' a great job Brownie" and FEMA and the whole federal system dealt with that disaster was more than shameful. Much more.

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JonR
Originally Posted By: JM

True.

And he's still preferable to Clinton, IMO.

Yeah, wow, big difference...
They are both rotten to the core. How does one choose from among such deprivation and decay?

Sidelock
Sidelock

...and what about the 17th st. levee jakearoo, was that the "much more"?

Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.