March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, Argo44, SKB, Little Creek, 2 invisible), 790 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey, I have a t-shirt from Master Baiters in Mexico. Does that make me one?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

As time goes on, who to look up to usually resolves itself, it's how one treats the lesser of skill or knowledge, helping them to become better that counts in my book. Some "experts" protect their "turf" very jealously because they perceive a threat to their status in what ever they do. Others get great satisfaction in teaching the finer points of the game to anyone they see as "learners" young or old ( Oscar G. for one, comes to mind). I prefer to do both show and learn, it makes me feel good. --- John Can.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Old Joe

Mark Hull 527755

Earned Master in 2003 have never been offered a reduction in class.

What is your question?

Mark

Old Joe,
I think you should give a vote of thanks to every Master Class shooter who has declined to be moved down at the end of the year. Why? First is the fact that to become a Master you have to dedicate the time and lots of money to travel to competitions ... and don't ever forget that you have to have a little skill to finally become a Master no matter how much you spend.
Second is that while the NSCA may downgrade one Master and not another, their hope is that the downgraded Master will spend MORE money all over again to get their rating back. Third, and this is very important for you to remember ... every Master that you have to shoot against is going to kick your ASS, take your money and keep you from getting the punches you need to attain your goal. I have no respect for any Master who accepts the demotion. If you're good enough to get there, you should stay there and not take the lower class money. Fourth, if making Master is really your goal you're not shooting for the right reasons anyway. It's the trip that counts, not the destination, you need to shoot against the course not another shooter. Fifth, if you're good enough to finally get to Master Class you'll discover its meaningless. You're still shooting the same targets in the air as the D Class shooter, but you have nothing left to prove except your own skill against the course, just like the D Class shooter.
The best system has always been FITASC that uses the OPEN system and you just see how you stack up against the field. Of course that wouldn't make any extra bucks for Hampton & DuPont at the NSCA would it...so they'll get suckers like you to believe that classification is everything, when the truth is the only thing that counts is showing enough character to have class. So what if only 4% of us make it to Master Class? It used to be an invitational only classification for the pros, but there was no money in it for the pros or for the NSCA.
Frankly, if you think getting to Master is going to change your life, I feel sorry for you. Take up fishing instead and be happy.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
Sidelock

Old Joe
I have shot with a lot of Master class shooters around the country and the majority shoot really well, but when you look at some of the lower scores in master class they would be better off taking a reduction. I know they have spent a lot of money to get there but it must be an ego thing.I have shot clays since 68 at club level and enjoyed every bit of it but am now financially able to shoot NSCA tournaments so joined four years ago and enjoy the competition tremendously.I am an A class shooter and will probably never make it to master but am giving it my best shot.
Pedler NSCA 551790

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Joe, what is your problem????? I shoot with master shooters all the time. Their rating, for the most part, means very little to them. They enjoy the sport and the company. They win very little money compared to the amount of shooting they do. They always seem to be there to help less able shooters, like me. If a guy lies about being a master class shooter, it will show very quickly on the range. Frank

Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to work with a moron who wore a navy seal hat and all he talked about was how bad ass he was. I finally realized he was full of it when he told a story about shooting 50 gal drums off the deck of a carrier with an M60 and how bad ass those 50 cal slugs were. another time he was bragging he said his M16 was 7.62 cal. I finally met his brother who told me Mark had been a cargo handler in the navy who got DD for drug use. my point I guess is some people just have to be something they're not. I have met a few special forces guys and they never talked a lick about how bad ass they were.

Originally Posted By: Old Joe
Well next time you read where someone is claimnig to be a Master just look him up on thgat link. I am working hard to get to that status, a pesonla goal even tho some may not value or understsnd it. I am offended when a bogus guy uses that title, that is thge personal axe.

If you can get that cranked up over nothing then obviously the "competition" is ruining something for you that's supposed to be fun. Get a life.

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good grief!! Can we please let this thing die!!! Joe, if bragging rights mean that much to you, spend your money, get your Master Blaster or whatever - and then attack the INDIVIDUALS that you say are liars and cheats, etc. Compete with yourself and the course, as one other poster mentioned. Enjoy the gun sports. For petes sake, don't destroy them (or let them destroy you) with competition and titles like those two have destroyed IPSIC and are beginning to destroy CAS. Enjoy your guns - before Hillary/Barack take them away - or McCain bargains them away behind your back.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
Hey, I have a t-shirt from Master Baiters in Mexico.

I got a T-Shirt from Stroud's when I was working in KC with their well deserved motto across the front;
"WE CHOKE OUR OWN CHICKENS"

Some of the best fried chicken I ever had!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.