May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Stanton Hillis, David Williamson, 1 invisible), 234 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,033
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember looking at these Arizaga's in the early sixties. I believe you could get the action in Case color, blue or bright/silver! Jack O'Connor had me all stirred up to order one. Just never got around to it!!

nid-28
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brentflyfish:
We have thousands of members and a few hundred regular posters.
Many men come aboard to find one answer and we never have the opportunity to chat and fellowship past the answers to that question.
I sincerely trust that you have come to the porch, taken a rocker and plan to stay and tell a few tales that we smile at, as we all know that you know that we know they are what they are.:}
Sit a spell. You can well be one of those few hundred.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks John,
I am new to the gun forums though not new to hunting. I spend most of my time on flyfishing and vintage watch pages. I grew up in Maine, not too far from your neck of the woods, and have had an insatiable hunger for grouse. Those little buggars seem to elude me no matter what I do. I will be happy to grap a chair and reach into the pickle jar......

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought you'd like it here. See now why I recommended you post your question here?

'Lonzo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Be sure to get a good evaluation from the gunsmith on the trigger pulls. Shouldn't be a huge issue. Trigger tuning isn't cheap, but if you get a good report on it otherwise, at that price you can afford to spend a couple hundred $ if necessary for trigger work. As others have said, if it were a ST gun, I'd be more concerned.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brentff, After you get that sweet swingin Spaniard save some birds for us will ya???
All the best

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Brentff and welcome,

I'd get it. It will surely prove to be tight for lack of use.
I tried to get some info by googling Spanish sites and there were
several for sale. One was was announced as "black" but unfortunately
no photos, so it could well have been cc'd and misrepresented.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Arizaga is not a best gun by any stretch, and, unfortunately, in my opinion, every poster has confused this gun with an Arizabalaga, which is a best gun. The price is not a bargain in my opinion. The posters are acting in good faith but have incorrect information. If I am crucified for saying this, I will delete my post and not post on this thread again. Good luck with your prospective new purchase if you choose to buy it. Yes, I am familiar with the maker, have inspected his guns, sold one or two for what they were worth, and have experienced the concept of the two brands being confused by collectors of some experience. Hey, this is Spanish and we speak English. Did you hear about the Polish guy who went for an eye exam and the tech asked him if his could read the third line from the top. He replied, "Read the line, heck, I know that family, they lived across the street from us." Same situation, Arizaga, Arizabalaga, sounds the same to someone from Topeka, but the price of the guns is about $15,000 apart.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow. That is provocative. Eightbore, could you elaborate? Was the Arizaga the gun O'Connor discussed or was that the Arizabalaga you mentioned? Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, Jake, I edited my post to make it and me appear more friendly. However, to answer your question, Arizaga is the gun that O'Connor wrote about. However, he never said it was worth more than the $200 he probably paid for it. I offered a neat little Arizaga 28 gauge cased two barrel set for sale in a shop where I worked. It was a consignment gun and I had to wake up several customers who rushed to write a check for $2750 for the minty gun having mistaken it for the A gun that Terry Weiland described as the best gun since Boss started production. It wasn't that I was being unfair to my consignor, I just wanted the buyer to be informed. It was a horrid example of a bird gun, only visually acceptable at twenty feet or more and not a pleasant gun to inspect closely. The wood looked like Heywood-Wakefield furniture and the engraving made late A Grade Fox guns look like Kornbrath work in comparison.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.