May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jtplumb), 288 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,542
Posts546,055
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's possible, (although probably not likely) that LCL could, in the future, be president of the U.S. or a five star general in the Army. Wouldn't you wish you still had the original trigger guard at that point? I'd leave it as is, or at least replace the guard and keep the old one. Bill

LCSMITH
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had no idea someone still recalls dealing with Fox. But seriously, like CSM, when dealing with thousands of public customers, it's not possible to satisfy everyone. Some customers don't want to be satisfied, they want to gripe, Fox surely had their share of grumbling customers no different than any company dealing with the public.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I like Tony and I like his company, but when I get the "Can't do it, and even if I could, I wouldn't." answer to a request, I just go elsewhere and forget it. If they don't want to do it, it doesn't mean they build bad guns or are not a good company, it just means they don't want to fool with reengraving trigger guards. There are many other ways to skin the trigger guard cat. As some have said, building a new trigger guard and saving the old one is a good idea.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you don't like the gun "as is", from a investment standpoint, you shouldn't buy it. Once you start down the path of altering this gun, the value will decrease substantially. You shouldn't allow yourself to be bothered by the initials or DON'T buy the gun.
If the factory were willing to do the work, the value would stay intact.

I have a friend who recently bought a 103 year old British game gun. It was a 2 1/2" 12 gauge William Evans. He hadn't owned the gun a week and, against my advise, he had the chambers opened to 2 3/4", the forcing cones lengthened, and the chokes reamed. He, literally, destroyed the gun along with 103 years of history. If he's lucky, the gun is now worth half of what he paid for it.

His reasoning was that he wanted to shoot skeet with it. I told him, if he wants to shoot skeet, buy an 1100.

Plan B (to build a new trigger guard and save the old one) is a very acceptable alternative.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"He, literally, destroyed the gun along with 103 years of history. If he's lucky, the gun is now worth half of what he paid for it."

I agree his mods were poor, but I'd stop short of 'destroy'. Keep in mind all of his mods were invisible from the outside, and there will still be buyers who either will never know or could care less.

You guys are too accustomed to dealing with guns made by people no longer in business. It's foolish that he should have to have some outside party tamper with the guard when the company that made it is still around. Have we all forgotten that we love guns just the same if the were modified by the maker, and we hate them if they were modified by a third party?

If I were buying a CSMC that had been reworked by CSMC it would have a lot more value than one that had been reworked by Andy's Gun Shop.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I must say that I am not surprised by some of the comments. I had a RBL 20 gauge on order and was told by the front end lady that I could have it modified. When It came time to do it they backed out and told me I couldn't do it. It was disappointing and I canceled my order. However, I take exception to the comment that people are rude, because you didn't get your way.
Just becasue someone tells you "NO" does not make them an S.O.B. I run my own business and I know from personal experience that the more you try to please everybody, the more you make everybody mad. You can't be everything to everybody. I don't say this about members of this board but from dealings with people in my business; It's no wonder people get shot.-Spoiled brats with big mouths.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think we get all wrapped around the axle on these guns. The gun being discussed is neither a historic artifact nor irreplaceable. If he wants to buy it and have CSM or someone other than CSM do some nice work on it, That's fine by me. If he wants to buy it and put a ladderbar trap rib, adjustable comb on it and barrel stickers, it is not something that I'd feel too strongly about either. 'might think someone that did this had a few rivets that weren't bucked, but that's about it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"was told by the front end lady that I could have it modified. When It came time to do it they backed out and told me I couldn't do it. It was disappointing and I canceled my order"

It doesn't mean they are rude, but it might well mean they are dishonest.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GregSY that may be true, I don't have enough experiece to pass judgement. I'm sorry folks if I got my panties in a bind, but demanding behavior really strikes a match with me. Tell me one company that has a mission statement that reads, "your every wish is my command". Companies are in business to make money. End of story. They are not magic lamps that grant you 3 wishes.

p.s. the only place that I can think of that grants your every wish is the local whorehouse.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ain't that the truth. Anyone that has had their own biz will tell you that. It's a balancing act at every turn.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.