April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Argo44, Toby Barclay, battle, 2 invisible), 407 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,787
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Beag,
That's new to me...I've read in threads on this forum about abielle, but the only examples I've seen were marked "L'Abielle".. I've even viewed one of their catalogs...but anyway...if you want to learn more about your fixed (sliding breech) shotgun, you should borrow a camera that has a macro setting and post several detailed pics of your gun...some of the contributors on this system know every detail of the French proofing and touchmark systems...if I were you, I would post the photos and print their responses for your records...sometimes, the more you know about your gun, the more it's worth...especially to yourself...these guys will also tell you the best courses of action to take in order to get it back into service...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beag, you might try this site, it new and dedicated to Darne and other French makers.

JIm

http://www.gournetusa.com/forum/

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert, since you've asked for photographic proof about Belgian doubles with a Deeley forend latch . . . you have any photos of anything marked "Abielle"? I still think you're flipflopping the i and the e. Easy to do for those of us that are native speakers of English: "I before E, except after C . . . " But not in French.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry,
Perhaps you need new glasses...please read my previous response where I CLEARLY stated "but the only examples I've seen were marked "L'Abielle"...

Now smartass...if I stated that I had only seen "L'Abielle" why would I have photos of guns marked "Abielle" ? Did you happen to notice the "L" before the word Abielle...even if I have the i&e mixed up...

Would you like to be counter productive? Some jerk is lying through his teeth about Deeley latches...so you think that gives you an inroad into my credibility? From this point forward, I will be closely watching your posts for errors (even slight spelling errors)...I seem to remember a few years back when you were telling some kid that his Daly shotgun that was COVERED in Belgian proofs was actually made in Germany...

Larry Brown...you have crossed the line of politeness and fair play again. Please crosscheck your posted facts in the future, because I will be there to point out even the smallest spelling mistakes.

If I get the chance to rephotograph my grade 5 "L'Abielle" this weekend (locked in my cousin's safe), I will post the photos to show everyone here what an ass you can be at times...you post far more errors than I...including this one

Do you think being cantankerous and quarrelsome are your domain only? I will follow suit and we'll all see how you deal with a taste of your own medicine.

The increasing acrimony on this board is becoming tiresome!

Exorcisms performed cheaply. "We get the Hell out!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ahmen to that, Brother...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nullus est liber tam malus ut non aliqua parte prosit

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes Robert, I did indeed read your previous post. Likewise, I read a post from someone who says he OWNS Belgian doubles with Deeley latches--but you questioned that, asking for photographic proof. So . . . why should anyone believe your claim about "L'Abielle"--the "L'", by the way, being inconsequential, as anyone who speaks French (as I do) would tell you, since it's simply the definite article, like "the" in English--without similar photographic proof forthcoming from you? Especially since I have seen French guns marked "Abeille", and since Beag looked at his, which has the same spelling.

So there's something wrong with holding you to the same standards you require of others, Robert? Do as I say, not as I do--would that be your motto?

And feel free to watch away where my posts are concerned, Bobby Boy. Something from several years ago . . . right, like I'm going to mistake Belgian proofs for German. Having owned numerous guns made both places. You care to dig up that "error" on my part, or are you just miffed that someone finally got around to calling you on your overblown pomposity?

Apply the same standards of "proof" to yourself, Robert, that you apply to everyone else, and you'll have no problem with me. And if you can come up with a photo of a gun marked "L'Abielle", that's fine by me. That was all I asked for.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well there you go...thank you for spelling out exactly what your motivations were when you typed your second last post...to qoute yourself..."are you just miffed that someone finally got around to calling you on your overblown pomposity?" (is that really what you imagined yourself doing as you typed?)

You see...you had no intentions of discussing the gun in question...you had some other agenda to play out..."calling me" out on your own projected character flaw... you were so bent on you're mission of character attack, that you couldn't even take time to correctly read my post...so you just went ahead and based your agruement on a misquote....

What gives here Larry? What's really bothering you? Does is upset you that I mentioned the imagined pecking order? Do you think that it's alright when you (admittedly) make a post that is designed to pick a fight, rather than accurately discuss the topic? Are there special rules for the guys who think they are top of this imagined pecking order?

Even you, the self appointed authority on Belgian guns can't post a photo of a Belgian Deeley latch...it's not that they aren't out there, they're just very uncommon.

That guy was lying like a rug...AND YOU KNOW IT...but the pecking order is more important to you than truth or accuracy. Sorry Larry, historical accuracy is more important to me, and that is why I say that your accusation of "overblown pomposity" is actually a projection of your character flaw not mine. I have many of my own, please keep yours to yourself.

Also, other members threads are for discussing their subject...if you have any more emotional baggage to play out, please start a separate thread...

For f##k sake, not again. Please, please, please give it a rest. It hurts my head to come upon such garbage. This board is for information about double guns and related subjects. How hard is it to refrain from insults? Would you prefer to destroy this board?
npm

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.