May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (RWG, MattH, cpa, Ian Forrester, KDGJ, CJ Dawe), 478 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,545
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes......right back at you!

I think it says alot about a man when he is able to admit that he is wrong in insulting a man he doesn't know and if he's not able to. Did you think I meant you when I was writing about stupid remarks, poor taste, lack of class, low IQ's, crap and pricks?

Last edited by Bob Blair; 11/20/07 09:07 PM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The reason I used the term "slam" when talking about a Ljutic, Jim, is because you can't just close them up like a lever action SXS. There is a button in front of the trigger guard on the Ljutic that has to be pressed in and you can't shut them by just closing them. To close the gun up, you would really have to force them shut by slamming them if you didn't depress the button. A buddy of mine did this recently and it jammed the button to the point where he couldn't get the gun open. If you ever handle one you will see what I mean. If you tried to close them up easily without using the button, they wouldn't close. You would have to slam them shut. That is why I used that term......... And on one of his shows a few years ago, Jim, Dez talked about starting out in the business. He started on TV with a local kids show. This is when he started singing........... And Joe, you are right about making noise while shooting trap these days with the speaker system. This is why people have so much trouble when shooting a Model 12. About the time they put a shell in the gun and tip it forward to let the shell side into the gun, they close the gun just before someone calls for a target and it screws things up. If they don't time their loading just right, they can really make a mess of things. Good luck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I feel pretty much like Jim Legg when it comes to Dez's shows. He illustrates gun safety very well. I recall an older Hunting With Hank show with some teen aged young men whom Dez apparently knew fairly well, I don't remember if they were relatives or not. He was pretty firm about safety issues, and that's good to see. I also wish he would refrain from singing as much as he does. If he started out in his adult live as a singer, as someone above suggested, it's easy to see why he changed careers. The rug is comical, he would be better served to leave it off and act his age like the rest of us Olde Fartes.

Dash is indeed a good dog. I don't know if Dez if the only trainer, or if he has someone else do the bulk of the training. If he is the only trainer, he does a good job of that as well. Hank had the better nose, I believe, and was a better all-around dog, I understand he died a couple years ago. Hank may be the best bird dog I have ever seen. Dash is good, but not that good.

Most of my guns are of European make, and have either Greener or Kersten bolting. Brian above is right on, you don't close them by gently easing them shut. If you do, you won't have another shot until you open it again and close it properly, not slamming, but closing it with authority.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not everyone uses hairpieces for vanity, some are disfigured (as a member of my family is) and wear one to keep the "gawkers" from making them feel like s--t.
I do agree about the music..but its his show (and I do enjoy it) so I can live with that.

chux #67914 11/24/07 12:10 PM

I watched a show a couple weeks ago. Hunter flushed a pheasant, he shot it with his full choked auto about five yards right in the body. Laughter followed and hard music with the camera zooming in and out. He was dressed in full camo with his hat on backwards. After blowing away several more birds with the same results I changed the channel.
I would rather watch a show like Dez has with the music than any of the others.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Poor taste? Lack of class? Low IQ, full of crap and a prick?? I'll tell you one thing, Bob, I wish you would leave my sister out of this conversation!!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.