April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Chad Linder, ClapperZapper, Jason Dubois, Ken Nelson, Chantry, 2 invisible), 958 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,236
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Boxlock
Boxlock

Congratulations on a great piece of land! I hope you don't "have to" post your land. I know NY is a different place. I have a place about your size in northern most part of NH and I would be ashamed to post my land. A very good friend bought 44 acres in Rangley ME and the day he closed we went around and tore off every posted sign. It was a very good feeling. The neighbors love him and watch is property when he is not there. I hope you have a place where you can do that. Enjoy.

Oh yeah... don't shoot every grouse, leave some for breed stock. I have a few grouse on my land and they are for training the puppy.

Oh yeah, you are in a very good population of deer. If you need help controlling them... I am your man.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
That's pretty countryside. You sure that's not Virginia?

Same mountains from Maine to Georgia.

Yeti, what's the nearest town? I know alot of that country fairly well and I'm curious. What will you do for a large bridge when you're there? I wonder. Might have to do without. Anyway, mazeltov.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You should have escaped from New York state and the north east!!! In all seriousness I know it's difficult. I would like to get out of New Jersey before they start kicking in doors. With a stuborn wife and an elderly mother making it difficult. I don't have to go that far,Pennsylvania will do. But the house at the entrance of my gun club is for sale so maybe I'll be here for awhile. I own 13 acres on a nice trout river in Maine and I wouldn't dare post it. It is a tradition in Maine not to post. The state actually has a law making it nearly impossible to sue a land owner if some one got hurt on your land pursuing a sporting activity. This keeps millions of acres of timberland open for hunting and I greatly appreciate that. It's my escape from New Jersey and all the crap associated with living here. A vist there calms the heart and the soul.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Escaped from the PSRNJ 10 years ago Tanky, and my only regret is that I waited so long.Very few posted signs here in NH only the flatlanders that buy the land and run back to MA or points south at first sign of cold and snow post here and we drive right by them when they run off the road in the ditch !
Looks like real nice land Yeti,used to hunt the Catskills, years ago with my father inlaw,lots of deer and grouse(partridge up here).
Enjoy it and forget the posted signs you will get along much better with the locals and see and hunt more game.

Last edited by Dave K; 11/16/07 09:08 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Double Flush" sounds like a perfect name for it. As I'll readily admit, I don't know diddley about grouse, but I do know that if you got a double flush on an 8 acre plot it does not need to be 'improved'. Think that statement over carefully before you go changing things. The colors you folks get to routinely enjoy this time of year are sure pretty, we don't get near that much contrast. I used to keep a 'Ski Lubbock' poster about from Southwest Airlines, but something happened to it after Montgomery Wards quit sending their catalogs out ;-) Be sure and ask your city fellas & gals to keep their old phone books for you, now that you you have a country place;-) Be very glad they don't 'get it'. We of the fortunate sort require a secret laughing place, suggest you keep it that way. Its very pretty, enjoy! Hope it brings you much satisfaction.

edit: I may have misread on the acreage, but please understand that I ain't asking; its not polite to go there, ever. I just read the ref is all and used that.

Last edited by tw; 11/16/07 09:38 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Yeti,

Congrats on the new chunk of dirt. I think NY State is one of the more beautiful and affordable areas and you can hunt on Sundays. I think our piece is south and west of you. We are in Delaware county but on the border and that is a big county. You will have to join us up at our place one day. Do you have a structure on the prop is it the one in the pic?

Jeff G.
Ps opening day of deer tomorrow

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have friends that come from upper state NY. They are all fine, stand up people, to a person. They are outnumbered by the city folks when its time to vote. FWIW, same condition exists, at present, in Uruguay. The photos you provided are just great and speak all of the country you are in. Old stone walls were an easy way to clear fields and mark boundries in most places. Further south, but perhaps not, Iris rhyzomes were used as bench marks. For Geo. Washington era surveyors it was the norm and the Iris were known as 'flags'. Here, the blue & white iris retain that name, tho most have no idea why. Check in the spring to see if any are on you, there may be a few and if so they will delineate the original plats. Nothing to do w/grouse, rather a diversionary thot you might file away for post season activity.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lovely property, but I would take Virgina over NYS anyday!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

tw,
You Texans are such gentlemen.
I will look for the irises, and maybe plant a few.

775 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wish you and yours the best Yeti,

Looks to be a wonderful place.

Hope all works out as per plans!

Looks like a very nice place to look forward to spending lots of time at.

Lots of time.....

Best,
Mark

Ms. Raven
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.