April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, eightbore, 2 invisible), 1,033 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,234
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark,

I failed to note in the post above that there are other technical and stylistic links that identify your gun as a Lindner-made gun (e.g., the second serial number ahead of the barrel flats, likely actioner initials within the bottom of the action, etc.). Thats said, it has the Lindner crossed pistols so that is the smoking gun. Ditto for the serial number of your Daly.

To follow-up on C Man's post on why the SAXONY mark shows up on this gun, as opposed to the PRUSSIA or THURINGIA mark which have been noted on other guns, I have some ideas but really nothing more than that at this point.

Ken

OP Offline

Without your help c-man I might have passed on this used-citori-priced gun. You never know when you'll run into a deal but I was due.

JB, that hammer-gun is sweet!

Ken and Michael, great info, thanks. I needed some reassuring.

One more ? What color was the original damascus?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken: Did you notice the 8 gauge Charles Daly Diamond Quality gun SN 2179 sold yesterday by Greg Martin Auctions. (Lot number 1616) It mentioned crossed pistols with a crown. Was that a Linder Daly? I bid on it but with the shortened barrels it went higher that I was willing to go.

Best Regards, George Lander

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

George,
I emailed you about a shotgun that I am interested in on the 11th, Did you get the email, or would you rather that I called you? Thanks, Ross

Sidelock
Sidelock

Im glad you got that beautiful gun. Here is my Lindner Daly #3551. It looks similar to yours. It was an ejector gun but somebody converted it to extractor.
Ross

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mark Copeland

Black & White

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mark Copeland
Without your help c-man I might have passed on this used-citori-priced gun. You never know when you'll run into a deal but I was due.

JB, that hammer-gun is sweet!

Ken and Michael, great info, thanks. I needed some reassuring.

Ahh darn, Mark! Now you went and ruined it for me. My only consolation for why I don't have one of these beautiful treasures is that they cost too much and you undoubtedly spent a small fortune on it.

Last edited by Chuck H; 11/15/07 11:29 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A caution to those owning Lindners with this type "Herringbone" Damascus; a friend had a set of barrels ruined when they were reblacked by an expert. It would appear there are tiny voids where the "V's" interesect. His barrels came back with literally thousands of pits inside and out. Good shooting.

C.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My thought exactly Chuck. If you spent the equivalent of a "used Citori priced gun", you did EXCEPTIONAllY well. I would wager you could buy 5 - 10 used Citoris for that this gun would bring.

Congrats on your gun.

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: C. Kofoed
A caution to those owning Lindners with this type "Herringbone" Damascus; a friend had a set of barrels ruined when they were reblacked by an expert. It would appear there are tiny voids where the "V's" interesect. His barrels came back with literally thousands of pits inside and out. Good shooting.

C.

This is a good point. Re-etching Damascus requires a real expert, and is not for the faiint of heart.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.