April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 430 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,148
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anybody know how to remove a Vaver receiver sight from a model 70? tried on accuratereloading and nobody even knew what i was talking about. made in 2 parts - base screws to rifle and sight with dial screws to base but you have to remove the dial to get to the screws holding the base to the rifle. the dial has 2 tiny set screws but removing them seems to accomplish nothing. i thought maybe the dial would come off at that point.

nothing useful at all on the web but pictures of the various sights on various rifles.

Roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

To each his own, but I wouldn't want to remove it.

rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ken Nelson - thanks, had already seen that. doesn't work.
eightbore - you would if you wanted to use a scope on the G&H side mount that's on the gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by rwmckee
Anybody know how to remove a Vaver receiver sight from a model 70? tried on accuratereloading and nobody even knew what i was talking about. made in 2 parts - base screws to rifle and sight with dial screws to base but you have to remove the dial to get to the screws holding the base to the rifle. the dial has 2 tiny set screws but removing them seems to accomplish nothing. i thought maybe the dial would come off at that point.

nothing useful at all on the web but pictures of the various sights on various rifles.

Roger
Originally Posted by rwmckee
Roger

Do I understand things correctly, that after removing the set screws that the dial won’t come off? It should, you might want to put a drop of penetrating oil in the set screw holes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My pre '64 Winchester model 70 in .308 came with Weaver bases and I couldn't get them off either. My solution was to install Weaver rings and an El Paso Weaver K-4 scope...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
My pre '64 Winchester model 70 in .308 came with Weaver bases and I couldn't get them off either. My solution was to install Weaver rings and an El Paso Weaver K-4 scope...Geo
Nice story, George. Any other anecdotal fluff you want to relate that does nothing to help with the op's question? Come on, man...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: PhysDoc
rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern

Vaver peep sight. nothing to do with weaver or scope bases. I can spell.

And physdoc, yes, you're correct. after removing the set screws it didn't budge. I'm betting it should have. I'll try penetrating oil. thanks.

Roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

PM sent

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.