March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (arrieta2, SKB, Borderbill, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 786 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MJS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Greetings all:
I have been lurking quite a bit for the last year or so. You might recall a thread I started around two years ago under the name of EQ Tech. I have reregistered as MJS3240 as I could not figure out how to reactivate under my old name. The thread was about the fact that Charlie Semmer had received correspondence from the owner of the Remington EEO that I have owned the other set of barrels for. I bought these barrels around 25 years ago from the “best little gun shop” in Terrell Texas. These barrels are from a 1910 production gun and they are Krupp barrels. The discussion was what would be a fair price for the barrels in my possession.

I never heard from the gentleman until tonight. We had a very interesting discussion about the gun he has. We have agreed upon a fair price and it looks like the barrels will be reunited to the original gun they came from. Charlie wrote an article on my EEO which included an account of the extra EEO barrels I had in my possession. The son of the current owner read the article asnd realized these barrels came from his grandfathers gun I do not recall the issue at this time.

Of course in the mean time I have installed the barrels on a CEO frame. I did not have to remove any metal from the barrels so they should fit the original gun fine. Charlie was gracious enough to sell me a set of CEO barrels complete with forend. I used the forend Charlie supplied me to make up the complete CEO. My plan is to use the funds realized from the sale of the barrels and ship the CEO frame and forend and barrels to Krecher up in Bend and have him fit them all together. That way I will have me CEO and the other gentleman will have an EEO with two barrels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's an amazing story on several levels; the communication across the country between strangers, the desire of all parties to bring the gun parts together, and Charlie's husbandry of the entire process - including getting your CEO properly rebuilt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good for all of you. That is an uplifting story to start the day with. Thanks for doing it and thanks for writing it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

MJS,
Great story. Finding a fair price would be difficult, can I ask how you came to the agreement? I remember posting on your first post that Remington charged half the price of the gun for extra barrels.

How do you tell a CEO from a damascus gun without the barrels? I have a CEO and a Damascus CE but I wouldnt know the difference without the barrels.
Ross

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are more interesting stories in the reuniting of gun parts. I reunited the second set of barrels with the recently auctioned (or not auctioned) Fox #35 and I am in the process of reuniting the second set of barrels with a 20 gauge Parker A-1 Special, maybe the only one according to Charlie Price's Serialization Book. The two owners are in contact after a decade or more of searching. It isn't rocket science, just keeping your eyes open when you are out there in the gun world.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hopefully we will be seeing a DGJ article on this. Great job!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the deal on reuniting the A-1 barrels is successful, the article will be in the Wall Street Journal, not DGJ!! I can see the title now, "Man throws mortgage market into tailspin by financing big gun deal. Shoots 12X25 first time on skeet field with new Parker"

MJS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Reb:
Good point about the CEO frame. All I can say is when I have my CEO barrels mated to it, it will become a CEO. I do not know if you can tell a CEO from a CE with only the frame.

As to coming up with a fair price I charged one half the price I paid for my EEO when I purchased it 30 years ago. I got 2 1/2 times the price I paid for the barrels 20 years ago. It appears the EEO is a family heirloom belonging to a working family and is not in the hands of a collector. Had I thought a collector had the EEO I would have charged a much steeper price. At this time in my career I am neither rich nor poor. I have a confession to make, I have not shot any of my shotguns in many years. I am a BPCR competitor and a mostly rifle hunter. I haven't been a dedicated bird hunter for over 20 years. I do like my Remington’s though. Charlie has agreed to do an article if the owner of the EEO will provide some decent photos of it as Charlie can no longer do photography. Maybe Ken Hurst can chime in here if he knows of any good gun photographers in his neck of the woods. The owner of the EEO lives in Northeastern North Carolina.
MJS

MJS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I guess it is time for an update. I just sent the EEO Krupp barrels to the individual that owns the EEO that has the same SN. We had agreed on a price 11 years ago but he never sent the money. Then a year and a half ago he contacted me again and we agreed on another price and then I did not hear from again. A couple of weeks ago I got another email from him asking if I would still be willing to sell him the barrels. The funds arrived in yesterdays mail and I sent off the barrels this afternoon. It has been quite a saga.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thats crazy. Nice to hear they have finally joined up.

I helped a fellow identify a 16 gauge EE 2 barrel set a few years ago. IIRC he traded an old grain auger for it. He knew it was a nice gun but thats it. Classic barn find situation. At the time it was the only 2 barrel EE that I was aware of.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.