September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Argo44, NCTarheel, 1 invisible), 217 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,900
Posts550,589
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

No they are using a regulation to classify person to person sales as a dealer it's a way for control I don't know why this is hard to understand

1 member likes this: John Roberts
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This has nothing to do with FFL it's making someone who sells a gun a criminal because they don't have an FFL for a private sale

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

We all know that more stringent guns laws are ahead. Just like the talk about making what the uninformed call assault rifle and the push to make them reclassified to nfa firearms and pay the $200 transfer tax

Here in Houston I know that atf has spoken to a couple of gun show guys that did not have ffl. They know what’s going on.

While the nra is a good organization, I would highly recommend joining the GOA. Gun Owners of America. I think they do a great job and well worth the $25

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by arrieta2
....Yes, the new administration is more stringent of ffl holders and violations. They do not revoke with a couple of violations. They just shut down a major dealer in Houston this year. They had been in business for 40 plus years. Many violations after several inspections. They had several opportunities to correct this and did not.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

The actual evidence seems to suggest that the statement above is not telling the whole story. It appears that under the stringent Zero-Tolerance Policy imposed by the Anti-Gun Democrats Joe Biden and Merrick Garland, many FFL's are having their licenses revoked for very minor infractions. And some have had licenses revoked for as few as one minor infraction that did not involve selling to a prohibited person, and had previously been issued a warning as proscribed by law. But even after making corrections, they still had their FFL's revoked. It also appears that some of the so-called "voluntary license surrenders" involve threats, coercion, or the fear of fighting very costly legal battles.

Here are some links to back up what I'm saying:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20220316/atf-targeting-ffls-for-license-revocation

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gu...-licenses-biden-administration-crackdown

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/a...months-since-biden-declared-war-on-guns/

https://www.nssf.org/articles/atfs-zero-tolerance-unrelenting-and-revealing/

https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/unveiling-atfs-abuse-of-power-revoking-ffl-licenses/

Some U.S. Congressmen are taking this seriously too... but as you can see, none of them are Democrats:

https://fischbach.house.gov/2022/6/...of-ffls-from-law-abiding-business-owners

Anyone here can do a simple Google search to see that there are many news stories about this back-door approach to Gun Control. A big problem is that under Anti-Gun Democrats, the definitions of things like "engaged in the business" or "willful violations" change at will. For example, Anti-Gun Democrat Bill Clinton targeted mostly small and part-time dealers who didn't sell many guns. He increased the cost of an FFL from $30.00 to $200.00 to help drive out small operators. The the Anti-Gun Democrat Barack Hussein Obama decided that people who sold only a few guns should be classified as dealers, and would be in violation of Federal Law if they did not have an FFL License. He did that to prevent guns from being sold in private sales without Background Checks. So we had guys getting arrested for selling very few guns without a license, and FFL Dealers forced out of business for selling too few guns.

I never understood, or saw any actual law, that forbids someone from being a gun dealer just because they sell too few guns. I know an Attorney who has a Law License, yet doesn't practice law, and I worked with a lady who maintained and paid to keep a Real Estate License, even though she never sold a house or property. Nurses, Doctors, Barbers, Electricians, etc. can all maintain their licenses without actually practicing their craft, or doing it on a full-time high-volume basis. Why should it be any different for a guy who wishes to be a part-time gun dealer? Where is the Government given the right to say there are too many gun dealers, or forbid a guy from buying guns at wholesale to legally sell to his buddies?

Worst part is that these super strict regulations come from the same Anti-gun Democrat whose drug addict son lied on a Federal Form 4473 to buy a gun, and who also gave around $80 Billion in full automatic rifles, rocket launchers, ammunition, helicopters, and other military hardware to Afghanistan terrorists. That's even worse than the Anti-Gun Democrat Obama Administration illegally selling hundreds of high capacity semi-auto rifles to Drug Cartels in Mexico.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

5 members like this: mc, ithaca1, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a FFL for many years. I got it back in the day because it was a very cheap way to cut out the middle man when buying new guns, ammo and shooting supplies. I would sell a new gun every now and then to a friend, but never very many. The only restriction that I recall to acquiring the FFL was that one had to have actual premises from which to do "business". This was "stretched" to include a separate room in your home, though I was using a separate outbuilding. I renewed it at a very reasonable rate until Bill Clinton came on the federal scene. He made the annual renewal so expensive that it got to the point I no longer felt it was worth my expense and trouble to maintain it (as I recall it jumped from something like $35/yr. to about $200). So, I didn't renew. I received a letter to submit my records to the BATF. I procrastinated because I was uncertain that they were filled out correctly.

Fast forward to a couple years later. It's the fall of the year and I'm on a combine in a soybean field, behind some woods from the highway, and I see a black sedan pull into the field ......... very uncharacteristic. I stopped on the end and was greeted by a BATF agent in a black suit. He requested to see my old records. We went to my shop and I dug them out. He, in a very patient and nice way, pointed out to me the errors in my record-keeping. We went over to my house and made a pot of coffee, sat around the kitchen table and talked for about an hour about the farm, my reasons for ever having a FFL, and the weather. Very pleasant and agreeable chap. When he was ready to go he looked at me and said "It would be in your best interests, and make life easier for me, for you to just renew your FFL and keep on doing what you have been doing". No heavy handed talk or threatening posture whatsoever.

I eventually lost interest in new guns to the point that I quit renewing it again, and never heard another word from them. That was nearly thirty years ago. I would not expect the courteous tone and treatment from agents today that I received that afternoon so long ago.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I eventually lost interest in new guns to the point that I quit renewing it again, and never heard another word from them. That was nearly thirty years ago. I would not expect the courteous tone and treatment from agents today that I received that afternoon so long ago.

Actually, as recently as 2 yrs ago, I called a number of BATF offices and found them incredibly courteous. They have always gone out of their way to be helpful to me. No complaints from me.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well brentD that's great I'm glad you made a phone call and it worked out, the government is trying to make criminal out of honest people who sells a gun to a friend or family member one sale! On a side note Oregon's gun law was struck down by the court this was the terrible proposition 114 ,you couldn't actually get the fbi to do the required background check.also the NRA is the only progun organization that has national clout ,you should join and support your state organization and as many progun organizations that is you can afford .if there are no gun dealers and you can't buy privately what happens next,

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Well brentD that's great I'm glad you made a phone call and it worked out, the government is trying to make criminal out of honest people who sells a gun to a friend or family member one sale! On a side note Oregon's gun law was struck down by the court this was the terrible proposition 114 ,you couldn't actually get the fbi to do the required background check.also the NRA is the only progun organization that has national clout ,you should join and support your state organization and as many progun organizations that is you can afford .if there are no gun dealers and you can't buy privately what happens next,

I've been a member of the NRA for many years.

I'm not too worried about there being no gun dealers. I've been buying and selling guns for a long time, and I haven't had any trouble yet. Now I can sell anything to anyone on the street so long as I have no reason to believe they are a felon or wife beater. In fact, the governor is giving back the rights of felons to buy guns and vote as well. Pretty much anything goes around here.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Priceless, a half dozen ways to say, nothing to see here, move along.

2 members like this: mc, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty much anything goes……for the felons.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: mc
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.