May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, MrCrockett, SKB, 1 invisible), 697 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,506
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#637649 11/16/23 09:38 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice looking 20 ga 2E Ed, the only problem I see is that this gun was made between 1908-1912, 20 gauge guns did not have 2 3/4" chambers until the mid 1930"s.

David

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

think of it this way, you don't have to find a smith to lengthen the chambers, so you can shoot readily available ammo...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Ed I look at that as the integrity of the gun is ruined.

David

2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 member likes this: graybeardtmm3
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well dave, you are certainly entitled to your negative asumptions...

but i would appreciate it, if you do not express them here...

it just awakens the vermin, who come ah runnin at the first indication of conflict...

Last edited by ed good; 11/25/23 01:26 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
well dave, you are certainly entitled to your negative opinions...

but i would appreciate it, if you do not express them here...

it just awakens the vermin, who come ah runnin at the first indication of conflict...

So, ed, what are the barrel thicknesses ahead of these bubbaed chambers? Are you sure they are 90 each, all the way around?
laugh

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2 members like this: battle, graybeardtmm3
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

see watt ah mean...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by David Williamson
Well Ed I look at that as the integrity of the gun is ruined.

David, how can you say with certainty that the integrity of Ed's gun is ruined? Quite a few vintage doubles have had their chambers lengthened, apparently without ruining their integrity. I certainly can't tell from here, so I can't say. I don't even know if the chambers are actually 2 3/4", because a lot of guys seem to have trouble accurately measuring the length of chambers.

A few years ago, the Preacher was insisting that lengthening the chambers of our vintage doubles could actually increase the barrel wall thickness at the end of the re-cut chambers. That would increase integrity, wouldn't it? I wonder why you and the Nutty Professor didn't confront him about that? Do you think he was correct that removing metal ahead of a chamber would increase wall thickness in that region?

Then there was the Preachers long drawn out analysis of an L.C. Smith that burst in the chamber area.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=546106&page=all

The chambers were factory length, unaltered, but the gun blew up anyway. It appeared in the pictures that there was a fairly large inclusion under the burst chamber near the hole for the extractor, which left the barrel weak in that area. Dewey Vicknair reached the same conclusion about the void in the steel as a result of the inclusion. There was also a defective braze joint that was apparently done at the factory. So with these factory flaws, would you also conclude that all L.C. Smith were built with similar "ruined integrity"? Are you warning people here and on the L.C. Smith forum that all L.C. Smith's may have factory defects and "ruined integrity"?

Final question: Are you interested in buying this gun, or are you just here to disrupt a sale, which is the obvious motive of the Nutty Professor? I find it amusing that a guy like the Nutty Professor, who blew up a low-numbered Springfield and misled us about his own ineptitude being the actual cause, is pretending to be so interested in only the guns that Ed attempts to sell here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would think Keith that this gun being 7500 bucks would be enough for a lot of questions it is also refinished, was any barrel honing involved? We're the chambers pitted what is the wall thickness would be a valid question since it is refinished

1 member likes this: battle
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.