May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (JDH, buckstix, Ken Georgi, Marks_21, j7l2, 1 invisible), 1,214 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,511
Posts545,662
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 55 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 54 55
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a good show on the History channel tonight.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Joe, missed it, what was it? Big black tie affair; 40th anniv. of the Brandywine Conservancy. Wore my fifty year old double-breasted wool tux, my Brandywine river-rat pin (which is also old news locally) and the shoes I got married in 35 years ago. I looked gooood and I'll bet I was more comfortable than the guys in polyester. The parking varlet couldn't go get my truck because of the standard trans. Maybe I am a conservative? Or out of date?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was the history of cycO'delic drugs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In my opinion, this was the most informative thread in the history of the Doublegun BBS...that is until homOjoe arrived with his mispelled phychedelic drugs...
You show absolutely no respect for all the efforts of Revdocdrew and the many researchers who freely post their findings. It is threads like this that can't be found anywhere else on the web or in any book. It is EXACTY this kind of historical excellence that this system is underwritten for...and Lowell and Joe undermine everyones efforts...

So homOjoe...why aren't you over on Lowells Pendleton wardrobe thread with your psychedelic drugs and racism?...I know why...because you can do more damage here, to Rev's thread...your intentions speak louder than your misspelled words...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert'O I've very interested in Damascus shotgun barrels...several of the barrels he has pictured belong to me.

I'm about to get tired of you calling me a racist.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's funny, I'm gettin' tired of you being a racist...maybe we have some common ground here...the problem is, when you TYPE overtly racist comments on the internet, not only will the stigma follow you, but everyone can pull up your old statements, incase you're in denial about the ugly crap that pours out of you personality

Sidelock
Sidelock

I might be allot of things but I'm not a racist or a "whiner"...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers

So don't watch it, you racist dog...in fact, please don't respond to my postings ever again...I promice to do the same...remember?

"Racist dOg"...

What nut hOuse are you typing from ?

Robert'O...Here's one of your posts. You should go to Church this morning and ask forgivness.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Altho I am probably too hung over, this appears to be a glaring opportunity to talk to the Reverend about saving him from the rug merchants. Doc, I don't have a bit of problem with the idea that easily recognizable shapes abstracted from the world about us (stars, half-moons, flowers, vines, maybe horseshoes also)dominate the world of the "stick-built", the "pieced", and the "knotted". All these traditional processes are laborious and repetitious (following a sequence of instructions hundreds and thousands of times). You don't engage in that kind of discipline and tedium and then hide your love away by deciding that a monochromatic rug would be somehow easier because you could wear your fingers out without producing the universal references. Similarly, you'd have to be a scammer caught in a technological transition to blue over your taffy-pull barrels rather than etching up the patterns which attest to exactly what the barrels are and how constructed. The obvious quibble with the prima facie correspondance of pattern and motif between very different processes is that not all iterative processes are capable of the same subtlety of representation (a twist which will produce a vine on the surface of a gun barrel is not something I've seen). The simpler geometric abstractions (four-rayed star)can be discovered in the possible patterns of twisted steel and iron on the surface of a barrel; the sinuously "organic" as well as the geometric are possibilities in your rugs. I'd say that your rugs have a more extensive vocabulary than your barrels. What both share is a proud statement about the processes of premodern technology.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think they got the design from my Grandmothers Couch, Devan, Davenport, or Settee etc. Sorry if i misspelled any, can't remember that fur back. Some of them sure looked like Damascus. On the other hand maybe it all started in Damascus and derived it's name from place of origin. Will we ever know.
Rich

Page 25 of 55 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.