Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Number of posts is irrelevant. He may also post at: NOTSSBBS, SSBBS, 16ga.com, Upland Journal,..... In aggregate he may have thousands of posts. There is plenty of places to pick up admirerers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

gunnut,....Is that"stock wood salesman", before or after the 85hrs labor to turn it into a 'Useable Gunstock'???cc

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIFLE-STOCK-DUPLICAT...1QQcmdZViewItem

This might help cut back on those hOurs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Im going to sink back into the woodwork[no pun intended].......Im down to 3 stars already...would hate to end up starless!!

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ho/Jo Thanks for the Info. Whilst a 'Teen'in Bombed-Out LONDON.Myself and a school-chum built a 'Heath Robinson" sort of contraption from a broken bicycle, partially destroyed Singer treadle sewing machine, 2 leather belts,a Blacksmiths hand-cranked Drill-press, and a "Big Leg-Vise' My first successful'(NOTE Successful) machine'Very Roughed-out stock" was for my then most prized possession, my Harrington & Richardson 12b S/Bbl.I was 16 at the time, when I took it into Purdeys to show My Gaffer Bill O'Brien that I had tried to copy Isaac Dodds Machinery for Cutting out and Shaping Gun Stocks, Patent, A.D.1835. No.6755,..after the 'Slap to the back of my head, told to take that piece of massed produced 'Rubbish" down to the 'Coal-Hole',then into Harry Lawrence's Office to say how dreadfully sorry I was for deviating from the 'Straight & Narrow' Path of becoming a Purdey Stocker'You have been Blessed with a Pair of Hands and a Pair of Eyes and a 'set of Hand Tools' and as an Indentured Apprentice to Me(Harry Lawrence,MBE) and the "House of Purdey" and the"Worshipful Company of Gunmakers".City of London.You will continue to stock GUNS & DB.Rifles useing the Traditional, aforementioned pieces of Equipment...."OR we will place your Fathers Testicals in the Traditional Leg-Vice, and Shut It to Zero"!!Well...he did'nt say it quite that way.!So thats why I get paid to Stock & Re-Stock Useing the same Hand-tools that have been passed on down through "The Trade" Some as far back as James Purdey (The Stocker)Thomas Boss, when he was Stocking for Purdey,Conealius Dean. his son Phillip Dean, William'WOBBLES'O'Brien....I have watched Many,of the Artist's of the "Whirling End-Mill 'at their Duplicators,Both sides of the Atlantic,I know of 4 US. Built Machines 'Whirling',some hidden out of sight! I have had Mr Darcey Echolls Rough-out Winchester Rifles, Heads of Perazzi O/U,Draw-bolt pat stocks,ie Beretta O/U.But to have a "Best" Side-Lock or a "A&D" Machine Inletted!!!!!Show me a Whirling-Spinning Cutter that can cut the Squared Sear-Holes on a Boss 20b...My Clients like to stand and watch the hand-cut chips fall where they may..It just depends on "What Flavor" of Stocking you like the taste of...cc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just trying to help...lol

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is the problem with the "stock seller" that he sold you a piece of bad wood or is it his politics that offends?? The poster was not clear about this.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Courtesy of CC

Last edited by revdocdrew; 09/16/07 04:13 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jerry
Yup, same 'expert'!
Rick
Ps. ashamed to be in the same state.

"Sometimes too much to drink is not enough" Mark Twain
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.