March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (Der Ami, JDH, craigd, JayCee, 2 invisible), 364 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,991
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK I've got old powder cans, old shotshell boxes, old Hoppe's Supplies etc etc scattered all over the place.
I need some of your ideas on what works for you to display such items. Pics would be helpful .
Thank you,
Dale

AIN'T MUCH A MAN CAN'T FIX
WITH SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A THIRTY OUGHT SIX
Sidelock
Sidelock

Behind glass so they don't collect dust.
My Mrs. allows no other way.

O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

We have a tall set of bookshelves that I keep some things like that on in one room. It contains pictures of my Grandad, myself as a boy, the two fo us together, and my grandsons. Amongst those pics are memorabilia of parts of our outdoor past. Grandad's Pflueger Supreme reel, duck call and his huge old railroad padlock and key are there. There are a few unique prizes from shoots I've won, like a scrimshawed powder horn from the Charlestowne Longrifles club one year when they hosted the S.C. State M/L Championship. There are a couple full boxes of magnum paper duck loads by Grandad's duck call......... and other stuff. From time to time an item may be added. My wife has no issue with dusting it all. She does it once a week, along with every other "knick-knack" of hers in the house.

Most of my shell boxes and other junk are in another location, lined up on shelves. You just can't have too many shelves. If I could start over I'd just build an entire separate building adjacent to the house for all the reloading stuff, pictures, prints, collections, gun cleaning stuff, shells, trophies, etc.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It depends who the display is for, its purpose. I wouldn't have shelves for books or bookcases in main living areas; too ostentatious for me. Hey, look what an erudite guy I am! I have separate rooms for libraries and guns, handloading and fishing gear, family photos, citations and plaques All spaces for the family. A look from time to time is enough.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have always liked the glass top coffee tables with the display box under the glass.

Ive seen them that used lobster traps on each end to support the box with the glass top, and all fishing and lobstering stuff was inside the diaramas.

Ive seen them with waterfowl and upland themes, f&s magazine, pheasant feathers,compasses duck call, cartridges. what not.Ive seen them with Native American artifacts.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 08/18/19 01:29 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stuff looks great in a china cabinet if you can get rid of all the china. That actually happens sometimes, usually around the age of forty...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm a master of clutter...

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Recoil Bob, I think I have surpassed you in the clutter dept. I'm only allowed to do this in one room of the house. This is my happy place. Can you tell my bird dog is a setter?

forensic osteology jobs
upload your image and share

HWK
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

sxs40, nice tube radios. Are they up and running? If so, did you replace the old capacitors? Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe, maybe not....that was only one half of one wall in my office grin ....is that a Gibson L-4?

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.