May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
17 members (eightbore, doublenut, Buzz, 6 invisible), 544 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,445
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We generate a lot of ideological heat here, but I wonder how deep it actually runs. I suspect it could be fairly recent in origin. As an experiment, we could name some people we greatly admire from the 19th and 20th centuries. The correspondences and discrepancies might be revealing. Holding the list to six, I'll say my heroes are Abraham Lincoln,Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, JR, Dwight Eisenhower, and Aldo Leopold.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....As an experiment, we could name some people we greatly admire from the 19th and 20th centuries. The correspondences and discrepancies might be revealing. Holding the list to six, I'll say my heroes are....

Since you weren't likely to have any first hand experiences with your list of six, are you saying that track records are important, or do your heros only have the roll of making you feel good? Of the twenty dem candidates that were on the tv debates this past week, which ones have the track records to substantively fullfil your list of needs for the country?

The wedge discrepancies should apply to 2020, in other words a bit more recently, right? In a hypothetical lunch and chat with one of your heros, would you bring up climate change?

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe, The 2020 election comes down to three issues: global warming, health care, and livable wages for working people. These are matters of life and death for many Americans. Republicans are not addressing these problems. They won't discuss climate change because they see there is still big money to be made in fossil fuels. They have no clue how to make health care universally available. The rich have done very well for themselves . They got a big tax cut.Of course, that had nothing to do with buying votes. After all, we all understand that it's welfare buys votes, right?

Miller made the excellent point about buying the votes of literally tens of millions of Welfare recipients versus the relatively low number of votes that could be gleaned by giving tax cuts to the super rich.

Speaking of Super Rich... the Democrat controlled state of California has the most Billionaires.

California also has 1/5 of the nation's homeless, and 1/5 of their citizens are below the poverty line. They are seriously in debt, and their educational system is ranked 10th to last in the entire nation... under Democrat control! It looks like the anti-gun Democrat promise of stopping the disparity in wealth and taxing the rich to make life better for the poor was all a lie. It also looks like their promises of better schools through higher taxes is another big fat lie.

Efforts by Republicans to end the scam called ObamaCare and to replace it with something better were fought at every turn by Liberal anti-gun Democrats.

Climate change is simply a Liberal anti-gun Democrat scam to control us and take away more of our freedom. One of the co-founders of the Weather Channel called Global Warming the Biggest Scam in History. The easy access to Historical Climate Data on the National Weather Service website has been eliminated. It showed anyone who cared to look that the warming we had in the last decade is nothing new or remarkable. We all know about the ClimateGate Scandal where Penn State University and East Anglia University conspired to alter climate data to support this scam. Liberals never wish to talk about that. How about this from Dr David Raal:

http://www.hiltonratcliffe.com/the-myths-of-man-made-climate-change/

But Billy won't bother reading that, and even if he did, he couldn't comprehend it. So here's some nice pictures for him:

cute not common boy names

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We generate a lot of ideological heat here, but I wonder how deep it actually runs. I suspect it could be fairly recent in origin. As an experiment, we could name some people we greatly admire from the 19th and 20th centuries. The correspondences and discrepancies might be revealing. Holding the list to six, I'll say my heroes are Abraham Lincoln,Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, JR, Dwight Eisenhower, and Aldo Leopold.

This sounds fun bill, let me toss out a few candidates we can expect to see on keith's and hOmelessAsshole's lists:

1. Adolf Hitler
2. George Lincoln Rockwell
3. Gene the Nazi
4. Frank O. McCord
5. James R. Crowe
6. John C. Lester,
7. Richard R. Reed,
8. J. Calvin Jones
9. John B. Kennedy
10. David Koresh

Hey princess and hOmelessAsshole, did I miss anybody?

Edited to add:

Looks like I did....

11. Jefferson Davis (thanks hOmelessAsshole)

Last edited by nca225; 06/29/19 03:22 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A correction: politicians don't win by buying the votes of the rich; the rich win by buying the votes of politicians, by buying the policies and the contracts they want and eliminating the regulations they don't profit from.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/29/19 03:34 PM. Reason: revision

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Poor brainless idiots, rocky brain bill and the transgender fairy nca225, apparently do not wish to comment upon the stark failures in education and economic disparity under Liberal anti-gun Democrat rule in California.

This is typical of our anti-2nd Amendment Libtard Democrat Trolls. And still no comment from Billy about the wisdom (or ignorance)of planting walnut trees for future gun stock wood, while also supporting Liberal Democrats who wish to eliminate gun ownership by law abiding citizens.

When these two Libtards aren't ignoring facts, they are running away from them:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-jackson-california-poverty-20180114-story.html

Hey Billy, speaking of the rich, and income disparity, and livable wages... how about this?

Of course, we all know how antigunner Hillary complained about rich Hedge Fund Managers. What she didn't tell you is that Chelsea's husband is a rich Hedge Fund Manager, and is a nephew of the anti-gunner and Billionaire George Soros. Her Father-in-Law is a former Liberal Democrat Congressman who has a felony conviction and went to Federal Prison after pleading guilty to 31 counts of Bank Fraud totaling about $10 million.

You don't need Corporations to buy your vote when you are defrauding Banks out of millions! Right Billy?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A correction: politicians don't win by buying the votes of the rich; the rich win by buying the votes of politicians, by buying the policies and the contracts they want and eliminating the regulations they don't profit from.

Ah, so you would say that you're a trickle down ideology beneficiary of soros? Maybe, you could start a ground roots effort to regulate feelings, never mind they already have you folks switching them on and off on que. Hint, next you should pivot to packing the courts?

Sidelock
Sidelock

So I'm thinking of cutting this tree down......

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

You have to plan carefully cback, might want it to fall to the right.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My List of Six;
Jefferson Davis
Robert E Lee
Thomas J "Stonewall" Jackson
Nathan B Forrest
Confederate Paternal G Grandfather
Confederate Maternal G Grandfather.

The last two only made it to a Corporal, but are still High on my List

As for ole (Honest) Abe (LOL), I would not want to be in his shoes when he has to stand before the "Pearly Gates" & give account for the 600,000+ American Deaths he was responsible for by instigating an UNCONSTITUTIONAL war.

Last edited by 2-piper; 06/29/19 07:52 PM. Reason: Left off a Zero in the 600,000+

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.