May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (doublenut, Ian Forrester, Buzz, 4 invisible), 546 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,443
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

jOe, The 2020 election comes down to three issues: global warming, health care, and livable wages for working people. These are matters of life and death for many Americans. Republicans are not addressing these problems. They won't discuss climate change because they see there is still big money to be made in fossil fuels. They have no clue how to make health care universally available. The rich have done very well for themselves . They got a big tax cut.Of course, that had nothing to do with buying votes. After all, we all understand that it's welfare buys votes, right?

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

King

If we work together we can do this.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports...pga/1594879001/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....The 2020 election comes down to three issues: global warming, health care, and livable wages for working people. These are matters of life and death for many Americans. Republicans are not addressing these problems. They won't discuss climate change because they see there is still big money to be made in fossil fuels. They have no clue how to make health care universally available. The rich have done very well for themselves . They got a big tax cut.Of course, that had nothing to do with buying votes. After all, we all understand that it's welfare buys votes, right?

Bill, I can understand your frustration, do you? Two evenings of clueless high school level corporate pitch whiners trying to convince America that they should aspire to the lowest common denominator. Which one of them meets the wants that you laid out above?

If I mischaracterized your inspirational leaders, would you take a minute and explain why?

Sidelock
Sidelock

well, lets look at the up coming election in this scenario...

donald trump is the ceo of a publically owned, multi faceted, for profit conglomerate...

he is in his first term as ceo, elected by the vote of the stock holders agents...

think of congress as the board of directors, but elected directly by the vote of the stock holders, to keep a sharp eye on the new ceo; to make sure he is pursuing stock holders profit goals and not just his own...

and think of the supreme court as an independent review agency, such as consumer reports, the fda, etc...

as a voting stock holder, you will have the option to re elect ceo trump for a second term in 2020...or replace him...

the questions are simple...

will trump perform in 2021 and beyond to your satisfaction?

will he generate the returns and growth of the value of your stock holdings to meet your goals...

and finally, is there another party vying for the top management spot, that appears to be able to do a better job than our current ceo?

Last edited by ed good; 06/29/19 10:35 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ed, Your metaphor has a major flaw: government is not a business. Its purpose is not to turn a profit. The current administration has run government into the ground. Trump can't hire and fire incompetents too quickly. The most important quality a Democratic candidate has to have is the ability to send Trump back to the swamp he crawled out of. Craig, what the entire Democratic field has that our beloved leader and his fans lack is a profound faith in objective reality. They have their strengths and weaknesses. They may not be perfect. The weakest one would be a large net gain. Just my personal read, of course.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Two evenings of clueless high school level corporate pitch whiners trying to convince America that they should aspire to the lowest common denominator.

Well thrifty, for the sale of argument, lets make a big assumption and keep your description of the cabal of Dems, which, as you have described, none of them have loyalties to Putin and the Russian regime like your leader. None of them have thrown Americans under the bus like Otto Warmer, or Jamal Khashoggi to blood thirsty tryants, and then sided with the tyrants.

None of them have so publicly and so often sided with the Russian government or the government of a tyrant like Saudi Arabia or North Korea against our own security institutions like your leader has done repeatedly.

So I would expect that even if we just accept your description, without question or even a smidge of critical thought, the decision ends right there. As I explained to you before, loyal Americans do not approve of politicians who seek out and accept the assistance of foreign adversaries to win an election and then trade our citizens and national interest for it, while all the while taking measures to conceal the assistance of the foreign adversary.

I know this stuff is difficult for you to understand with your intellectual limitations and selfish nature, but as is often said, ignorance is no defense.

BTW, in 2016, a person like you, might of had some plausible deniability that the Russians where helping trump or that he would throw American to the whims of Tyrants. Reporting and the Mueller report settled these issues now such that in 2020 they are a well known fact and your continued support for trump has to be squared with that.

So patriot, how so you square that?

Last edited by nca225; 06/29/19 11:08 AM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

So far I have kept completely silent on this thread, I would now, however, like to add one.

Quote:
They got a big tax cut.Of course, that had nothing to do with buying votes. After all, we all understand that it's welfare buys votes, right?

I would dearly love to see a breakdown by % of the number of Rich in this nation in comparison to the Blue Collar workers & those on Welfare. I truly believe that breakdown would Blow your Biased conclusion out of the water faster than a 16" Naval gun could blast away a Birchbark Canoe.

Bottom line is if one is buying votes, they do not buy elections by buying the Rich, They do it by Buying the most voters. Face it the Democrats Sold out so many people they could not Buy enough votes to win the election. Trump did not Buy it, the Dems Threw it Away.

The same thing happened when Al Gore tried to run for President. When he teamed up as Clinton's veep he went from being a moderate conservative to a full-blown liberal & threw away the votes of his home state of TN which cost him the election more so than the Chits or whatever it was they called them on the Fla ballots. He totally forgot that TN had put him where he was, but TN didn't forget that he Sold Them out when they went to the polls.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Forget gunstock blanks, I'm going to harvest all my hickory trees and have them cut into Pickrick Toothpicks. I think they'll be a hot item for the 2020 election...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....Craig, what the entire Democratic field has that our beloved leader and his fans lack is a profound faith in objective reality....

Objective reality?

At first I thought high school, but as any teacher would know, we'd have to go back to the second or third grade to get all the kids to fall in line and raise their hands every time they heard a talking point, eh. Your front runner was priceless. The first thing biden would do as prez. would be to beat Trump. In reality, did he hit the sauce before the gang of ten plus ten skit?

You should pms nca. russia, russia russia, whines like the brady bunch do, marsha, marsha, marsha. Any objective observer could see that barry's inner circle, while sounding like you-n-nca, are starting to throw each other under the bus, eh? You know who I'm refering to, the russia architects, right? Love and lots of recreational drugs will win the day.

By the way Bill, did you ever step foot in one of your MT public health clinics, sit and observe, so you could give us a little preview of what you have in mind by force feeding the country big bro health care? Skip that, how about law abiding American sportsmen (the inferior of felon illegal aliens), breaking into your home for fall hunting accomodations, and you pay the bill if they get a booboo and have to go to the doc for a bandaide.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Our association foresters, looking into New England sorting yards several years ago, noticed piles of white birch and asked price and what for. $250/cord and tongue depressors. White birch is low value hereabouts. Your hickory high value, Geo.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.