March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Researcher, Jimmy W, SKB, arrieta2), 786 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Gauge-to-28-Gauge-Shotgun-Adapter-Chamber-Reducer-insert/322149560403?epid=1612156823&hash=item4b019c3053:g:7~MAAOSwbYZXXwKn:sc:USPSFirstClass!99672!US!-1

I believe that 16 and 20 are too close in size to do that. The adapter walls would be too thin.

battle Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
OK-- another pal has a Flues 16 non-ejector Ithaca- he's tired of paying the high price for 16 gauge ammo- so what source does exist (besides Briley) that makes 20 gauge inserts for 16 gauge double guns?? RWTF

You can get 16ga to 20ga here...

http://www.littleskeeters.com/

Sidelock
Sidelock

LittleSkeeters makes a 16 to 24ga set. I know that doesn't help you but at least it shows they work with 24ga and are aware of it.

Maybe they'd make up a set for your needs in 24/28

Several of our weekly duffer skeet group use these insert type adaptors. There is no extractor involved, just a thumbnail clearance cut in a part of the tube rim for you to pull the fired case from the adaptor.
The entire adaptor with the fired case is extracted/ejected from your SxS or S/S when you open the gun.
Reload the adaptor and load the 'loaded adaptor' into the chamber of the gun.
Sometimes the adaptor will stay in the chamber and the fired case can simply be pulled from the adaptor while the latter stays in the gun. Then reload as normal. That makes it a fairly normal experience and when this occurs, whatever load you are using,,stick with it.

Your hands get plenty dirty using these in a round of skeet if you have to pull the adaptor, then the fired hull, reload the adaptor and then into the gun..

A few have had some problems with their reloads sticking in the adaptor after fireing. I suspect their reloads are a bit hot.
The Skeeters website says to use Target style loads to avoid expanding the tube into an oversize gun chamber which will jam the adaptor in the gun (makes sense).
I think some reloads depending on shell hull style (smooth or ribbed) and brass or steel head and height have an effect on wether they 'stick' in the adaptors also along with the loads being to warm.

On one 12/20 adaptor a shooter had, he could not chamber his 20ga reloads at all at the 'brass' no matter how he adjusted his MEC press.
The other adaptor took them just fine (Using a Browning O/U).
At his request I took a tiny bit out of the inside dia at the rear of the 'chamber' in that one adaptor which measured smaller than the other. Polished it to match dimension and he has had no problems with either factory (mostly Federal) or his reloads.

Just my experience.
Hope this helps

The only thing I've ever personally used is a Four-Tenner in a 12ga NID !!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.