April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (j7l2, AGS, HMAK, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 1,134 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,848
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

When I moved back to Montana after retiring in southern Oregon. I missed the easy access to Preslik's in Chico, CA where I bought stock blanks for many years. As a sort of joke on myself, I planted a Mayette nut in my front yard. To my surprise, it thrived. After 12-13 years the tree is 15 feet tall and 9" in diameter at the base. Last year my crop consisted of three walnuts, but this year the tree seems to have many. At 78, I'll let someone else harvest the stock blanks but look forward to not ordering my walnuts from far away.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by skeettx; 06/16/19 02:15 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sometimes you just go against common wisdom when you plant trees. My yard was full of huge red oaks from the early 1900s until Hurricane Gracie came through here and uprooted about 15 of them in the fall of '59. Over the years many more have died, and about 15 years ago we decided to replant some oaks. Having dealt with red oak leaf shed in the fall we decided to replant with live oaks. Folks told us that they grow so slowly we would never live long enough to see much size on them. Well, folks were wrong. On rainfall alone we now have live oaks with trunks approaching two feet in diameter. They are beautiful, and give total shade beneath. I've never seen anything make acorns like they do. I have raked them up and shoveled them into 5 gal. plastic buckets to haul off. I dump them in a little pond that woodies like. Never shot any over them, tho'. Might be considered baiting.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I want some valley oaks on my property and waited years for the local ones to produce a few acorns. Last September I gave up and collected some at Coyote Valley Sporting Clays, an hour away. I am now nurturing the seedlings, as well as madrones and big leaf maples I grew from seeds.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, a former SC state game warden told me an account of flying over a lowcountry plantation marsh pond crowded with mallards. An on foot investigation found the surface covered with acorns with no trees in sight. On Christmas Eve, the family shot the pond and all were promptly arrested. Dick confronted the owner: "Sir, the pond is baited with acorns." "It better be. I paid my help to rake them up from under the oaks on the entrance road and put them in the pond. Please don't take the ducks. No one but me knew about the bait. The ducks are for our family's Christmas dinner. Dick's superior officer conferred with Dick, who told the old man the total for forfeiture bonds. The owner wrote a check covering the shooting parties' forfeiture bonds, and let them keep the ducks. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

["I have raked them up and shoveled them into 5 gal. plastic buckets to haul off. I dump them in a little pond that woodies like. Never shot any over them, tho'. Might be considered baiting."]

Mmmhuuuh. Just agreeing with you...Geo

Old GA political saying: "Never write anything you can say and never say anything you can wink."

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 06/16/19 08:32 PM. Reason: added final sentence
Sidelock
Sidelock

I get Cherrybark Oaks from the state and plant them on my farm. I'm 71 years old. How's that for optimism?...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I plant Maple trees for the fall color.
And I sugar the bigger ones.

Red, orange, yellow, purple, blush, and rust.

Big Sugar maples have magnificent yellow leaves come fall.

These best time to plant a tree is 15 years ago.
The second best is today.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not optimism, Geo. You can't help it.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit."

Greek proverb. You knew that!

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Wherevah you see a place of ugly, plant a bush, a tree, or a shrub." Ladybird Johnson

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm planting/transplanting black walnuts at every opportunity. They won't be harvested in my lifetime. But, a couple of generations of care and there should be some good stuff!

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

I planted twenty five pecan trees when I was a kid. Only 12 of them are still alive today, but they are substantial. There were three different types and it has been so long I can not for the life of me remember what they were today. If you want to see squirrels (gray tree rats) in their glory, go there in September. I intend to take my grandson there squirrel hunting, when he turns five like my grandfather took me at that age. I even have a Remington Model 12 .22 like my grandfather had. If he likes hunting I'll leave him that section of woods so he can take is grandson some day. I'll even add a few more trees there for them to enjoy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is nothing like pecans to draw squirrels. Not to mention they are pretty tasty in and of themselves while you are waiting for the next squirrel to show up. I always liked hunting around pecans in the early fall in Georgia.

In the meantime, I have two giant slabs of crotch walnut drying in my barn loft right now. They came from a tree I cut in my lower pasture last winter. One day, it would be nice to have a rifle and shotgun stocked with wood from my own property.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon,
If you want to make a good deer hunter out of a kid, teach him to hunt squirrels.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Planting trees is a passion of mine on our property in Idaho. On our certified tree farm, which we manage for timber, I've planted American Chestnut, some almond and pecan trees. I planted a few hicans last year but they didn't make it. I'll attempt a few more when I have more time to take care of them properly.

Years ago I mentioned to my dad that he should plant some walnut trees for the wood, citing an article I read about the profitability after a certain number of years. His response "hell I won't live long enough to see them mature and who's going to take care of them. He didn't plant the numbers that I suggested but he evidently listened somewhat and planted 5-6 of the thin shell Carpathian variety. They're very large now and producing a heavy crop of nuts on a yearly basis and as a side note, he'll be 93 in a couple of weeks has lived long enough to harvest them if he cared to.

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's where the money is, Don. An Italian hopped on a plane to look at a black walnut in Ontario 20 years ago, paid $25,000 for it. They're planted by the acre some parts of Nova Scotia. My brother and I weren't successful; deer a problem.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I rip them out root and stem on all my properties.
Anywhere a squirrel buries one they sprout.
They ruin decks, window wells, and basement walls.
They poison the ground under themselves so nothing else can grow there as well.

Grow them where you don't want anything else.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yum, pecan pie. Trees can be a connection to our past and our future. Honestly at my age few trees will grow big enough that Ill ever see them harvested. But I planted 300 cedar trees on two of my farms because they make great Dove roost and nesting habitat. My sons and I have planted almost 50 walnut trees which we rarely even get a nut from. Besides picking out black walnuts is not a favorite pastime of mine. I even planted a couple Filbert trees because we had them on our farm when I was a boy.

The business side tells me to plant pine trees because they grow so quickly Id most likely still see one harvest in my lifetime. The leave it in better shape for the next generation part of me tells me to plant trees for wildlife and family to enjoy. But if I get a couple pecan pies out of it Ill be happy. And maybe a smiling grandson.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have made a couple of shotgun stocks from walnut I sliced out of a stump off my dad's property which I now own. Guess that fits fairly well in the "raising your own stock blanks" category. Also made a couple of ukuleles from the same stump.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sam, that's pretty interesting. Any chance of seeing a few pictures of the guns AND the ukuleles?

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Friend of mine has 110 acres he lives on but does little with the property. It is about 80% forested. I turkey hunt on it. As I have come to know it over the last few years, I have found about 7 what I consider to be large walnut trees. 4' to 5' in diameter 1' off the ground. Several of them have many significant large branches (trunks?) splitting off from the base within the first 4'. And they all have very large limbs higher up.

He's said if I want to do the work I can have one....they are all in the forest and no one but he and I would ever know one got taken down. Does anyone know what specific attributes should I look for when trying to decide which tree??

There is some heavy equipment available as well as trails through the forest so getting the logs out is very doable. I just want to select the best one.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

It depends on what you want to do with it. For lumber, straightness factors in hugely and fewer limbs are more desirable. Also, large limbs are often very unstable wood, so limb wood per se is not all that desirable.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

SamW asked me to post some photos of his homegrown walnut. Pretty nice stuff and very nice work, but we gotta help SamW with his Paul Bunyan outfit... smile

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you're looking for figure, try to plan to get the stump out of the ground. The stuff that might be of most interest will look more like the chunk in Sam's picture than lumber. If you are starting to narrow choices down, see if you can figure out which ones were subject to the toughest and slowest growing conditions. It may not end up being on an easy trail. If you're doing it for fun, saw for maximum quality, not yield. Maybe, offer the odds and ends to woodworkers, like bowl turners, and don't worry about it if a bunch ends up as fire wood. Good luck with it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Craig.....it's for fun and interest.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

It has been so muddy here this spring I even got my chainsaw stuck! Sam, what gauge are those ukes? ;}

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

soprano gauge. The stump photo was in 1989 in AR. The wood cured over 20 years in UT. AR is not the best local for stock wood walnut...very porous wood.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

The oldest black walnut trees in my part of the world are in old yards, where a house used to be, and may be chock full of nails and other things saw blades don't like. It seems to have been almost a given that a tenant house, or sharecropper's house, would have a walnut tree on the yard. They have the characteristic of emitting some odor or substance that drives fleas away. Maybe that is part of the reason for their popularity in yards of old. I have been told you could throw some walnut limbs, with green leaves, in a dog pen that is infested with fleas, and they would be gone overnight.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

It matter knot whoz yard it grows in...

What matters for gunstock wood is it needs to be grown in a slow tree growth climate like Missouri or Californicatia.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
The oldest black walnut trees in my part of the world are in old yards, where a house used to be, and may be chock full of nails and other things saw blades don't like. It seems to have been almost a given that a tenant house, or sharecropper's house, would have a walnut tree on the yard. They have the characteristic of emitting some odor or substance that drives fleas away. Maybe that is part of the reason for their popularity in yards of old. I have been told you could throw some walnut limbs, with green leaves, in a dog pen that is infested with fleas, and they would be gone overnight.
SRH

Stan, when I was off to college, I came home one weekend to find wax myrtle limbs with leaves all over the house. Daddy's chihuahua had caught a dose of fleas and Mama had heard wax myrtle would drive them off. Quite a surprise!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

George:

Did it work? You can't leave us hanging with a story like that.

Rem

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

When it comes to gun wood, I've learned the hard way that good stock blanks, " don't grow on trees". In Oregon, there's lots of walnut trees, both black and English. I cut three large trees without much material for stocks. By the time I found that out, I had a lot of money and labor invested.The climate seems to rule out finding gun stocks in them. The black wood tends to be very porous, and the English very bland. In Portland there's a large operation that cuts nothing but walnut. It covers more than an acre and has dozens of stacks of slabbed trunks. A small room is devoted to stock blanks, and I saw nothing there worth working on. Oregon just has too much rain to grow hard, dense wood. I was told that trees which take up much moisture from the ground have better color and texture than ones that absorb a lot of water through the leaves. Whether this is true, I can't say, but a hundred miles south into CA where the trees are irrigated, great wood was easy to find though expensive.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Remington40x
George:

Did it work? You can't leave us hanging with a story like that.

Rem

I went back to school thinking my parents had finally gone completely nuts, but they claim the fleas left; probably looking for a less third world kind of place to live...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

If gun wood is the objective there are plenty of websites and videos illustrating the best way to slice and dice. Google is your friend. Look at them before you put a tree on the ground. They may change how you do it.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

SamW sent me a few more pictures to upload.

this time for a rolling block. Sam, what caliber is that rifle and will I be seeing it at Raton next week? I hope so.

So, did you carve those panels on the stock? And who did that engraving! They are both exquisite. I love those gold squirrels. We may be getting a bit into the weeds, but I sure would like to know a lot more about that rifle and why I've never seen it in person at Raton, that is a beautiful rifle and then some!

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a 25-20. My engraving and my carving. Been a long time project that I hope to finish this coming winter. It is a Rem Number 1 1/2 carbine made about 1893 or 4.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Will you use it for anything besides paper punching, Sam? It is sure nice. No, not just nice ............... beautiful.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

The plan is for my grandson to look his best while squirrel hunting on the same property the stock came off of.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh yeah, that will work! For sure. Great squirrel rifle, indeed, and maybe more.

_________

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

In 1975, I began planting trees and shrubs on 26 acres of flax stubble. The planting was for all wildlife, not any particular species or group of species. As a sport hunter, I wanted flushed or running game to quickly get out of view, so planted in curves, with blocks of the woodies five rows wide and 150 feet long. I changed species at the end of every block for maximum edge effect that biologists say increases wildlife diversity. I began with 38 species recommended as hardy in North Dakota, and over the next 40 years planted 65 more species of trees, shrubs, and vines, a few hardy, but many listed as hardy only in more southerly areas. So far about 40% of those species have survived, even though as a few individuals. I also left three grassy openings in the plot, two for grassland birds and one for winter wildlife food.

Even though I lost many of the species to drought and animal damage, the wildlife response has been amazing. Breeding bird species increased from four in 1975 to 33 in 1999, and the number of breeding pairs increased from 13 in 1975 to 177 in 2008. Over the 41 years of surveys, 62 species of birds bred in the woodlot. Birds associated with shrublands and open woodlands showed the greatest increase; forest birds have always been rare, but have been increasing in recent decades. Ive harvested quite a few deer and some upland game in the woodlot. One bad winter over a hundred whitetails survived there, stripping bark from trees up to four inches in diameter and leaving a browse line visible in the spring.

My black walnuts are about a foot in diameter now. At 82 and with bad eyesight, I dont think I will be making any more gunstocks, but hopefully some day one of my trees will support the action of a firearm, of course preferably a double shotgun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hal, where did you do this? What part of the country?

Sounds like quite a place and the details you provide tell me that you are quite attached to it. Certainly, something special.

_________

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

North Dakota. Had a pair of Wood Ducks last year, so total now is 63 species.

We published this information and you can find it here if interested:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication...akota_1975-2015

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hal, Good for you. I hope you've inspired a lot of other land owners to follow your example.

Bill Ferguson
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just when I think the board has gone to hell, to the rescue come threads like this and posts by Sam and Hal. Amazing craftsmanship and stewardship. Gil

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern

Stan, when I was off to college, I came home one weekend to find wax myrtle limbs with leaves all over the house. Daddy's chihuahua had caught a dose of fleas and Mama had heard wax myrtle would drive them off. Quite a surprise!...Geo

Back when our port directly imported bananas, folks would place rotting stalks of bananas under the house to ward off fleas. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Just when I think the board has gone to hell, to the rescue come threads like this and posts by Sam and Hal. Amazing craftsmanship and stewardship. Gil

Exactly what I was thinking. There is still hope.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS

Yes, Sam and Hal's posts were very interesting.

And who could have imagined that rocky mtn bill could actually start a thread here in the main Doublegun forum that wasn't meant to bash Republicans, Conservatives, or our pro-gun President, Donald Trump?

Perhaps there is hope after all. By the way... Bill told us about this English Walnut tree several months ago in his post #541508:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=530633&page=1

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When I bought my current home about 33 years ago, I planted 6 black walnut trees. The state of Missouri Conservation Department sells packs of 6 starter saplings for about ten bucks. All 6 trees have grown well, and are about 15" in diameter after 33 years. My kids all live in other states; so when I pass the house will be sold. The next owner can decide on harvesting the walnut trees.

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Had an old co-worker named Howard Thornesberry from Missouri. He said he once saw an old railroad track there that used black walnut for ties! He gave me a .36 Colt Skin for my cartridge collection.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hal, that is a great thing youve done.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hal
Had an old co-worker named Howard Thornesberry from Missouri. He said he once saw an old railroad track there that used black walnut for ties! He gave me a .36 Colt Skin for my cartridge collection.

When I was in college, I had a summer job working for PennDOT. At the time, PennDOT was building several new Roadside Rests along the Interstates, and they gave a few of us the job of assembling picnic tables for the Roadside Rests. These heavy tables were all pre-cut and pre-drilled by convicts in the State Prison System, and most of the wood was Red Oak. But I noticed an occasional Black Walnut board, and had an appreciation for Walnut even then. I put aside Black Walnut pieces until I had enough to assemble a picnic table built completely out of Walnut. I spent extra time sanding it, and we had Spar Varnish to finish them. That was the most beautiful picnic table I ever saw.

Incidentally, this PennDOT job was a political patronage job that was given to me because my Mom was a local Democrat Committee-Woman, and I had to register to vote Democrat to get the job. At the time, several of my bosses there were under indictment for Bribery, Macing, Extortion, and Grand Theft. They were subsequently found guilty and sent to prison... where they may have been employed cutting out picnic tables or making License Plates.

The widespread graft and political corruption by the Democrats in my County shocked me. I realized that I never would have even been hired for this good paying job if I hadn't registered Democrat. I went back to the Court House and changed my voter registration to No Party Affiliation. I hope rocky mtn bill enjoyed this story of corrupt Democrats in action. They are so much more than simply anti-gun!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith it is not just Pennsylvania where that went on. Just south of there is Maryland. The stories I could tell you about nepotism, corruption and kickbacks would make you laugh or shake your head.

My father was offered the chance to fill out a term for Congress because the elected, serving, congressman was going to prison. Seems the "moron" decided to not accept cash gifts, so he had people mail checks to his office, like they were campaign contributions. He then cashed these and pocketed the money. Wire and mail fraud is what he copped a plea to.

My father had been a delegate to the 1960 Democratic convention. He hated Bobby Baker, who was Lyndon Johnson close buddy, a very shady person to say the least. When JFK put LBJ on on the ticket my father decided to change parties after the election. When the Governor offered him the job, as congressman, my father told him he was a registered Republican, to which the Governor replied we can erase that, as if it never happened and he could deny that it did. My father told him he would change back, but would not lie about it if asked. To which the Governor replied "Irving, you will never go far in politics if you insist on telling the truth". So my father told him to find another person and said he never regretted it a single day for the rest of his life, more than 50 years. I remember sitting in the room when my father passed up the job like yesterday. Where has time gone?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

These are certainly shocking examples of deep political corruption. Imagine patronage! Ronald Reagan holds the current record for the most investigations, indictments,and convictions of his staff ( 138). That record will soon be broken by our hero in the WH. But what the hell? These guys are Republicans. We don't hold them to the same standards.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whew, it's a good thing you're tollerant and inclusive of a bit higher standards for guns and rifles, eh Bill?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craid, I do have high standards for guns and rifles. I can't bear Mossbergs or AR 15s.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/24/19 11:00 AM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....I can't bear Mossbergs or AR 15s.

Go figure. I can't say I've had the pleasure of owning either, but hopefully their owners aren't pre judged, eh Bill. Only in America, so far, do you have the right to bear them if you change your mind. How come you think your standards are better?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, the person who can only afford a Mossberg has just as much right to Keep and Bear Arms as the person who can afford a room full of K-80s. Dont be an elitist. It makes you sound narrow minded.

I dont care if you dont like the President, he is the President. Maryland has a lot of special favors and outright corruption, because it is a one party state. Any state which is dominated by one party, either party, becomes corrupt because they know they will never lose power and have a clear examination of their actions and books. After all why would one party want to ruins its reputation by indictments of their own former elected officials. So one hand washes the other hand, even if its with somebodys elses money.

What is the real difference between a .22 semi automatic, which hold 10-15 rounds and a AR 15 clone? If you are unarmed, the only difference is caliber. And at real close range even a lowly .22 can be deadly. For close quarters a shotgun loaded with large shot would be even more devestaing than a semi auto handgun or AR15. Want to duel with 12 bores at 15-20? This selective right to a freedom is dangerous. Its like Free Speech, as long as its PC speech. Who gets to decide that?

Last edited by KY Jon; 06/24/19 12:13 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have no opinion whatsoever about people who own these guns. I just don't happen to like the guns themselves, especially the assault-style ones. Events have made them scary to the general public and tarnished the image of all gun owners. I'm not saying this makes sense; it just happens to be the situation. If they didn't dominate the current gun scene, we'd project a less threatening image to the rest of the country. KY Jon, yes he is, and as long as he remains there, the country is in serious jeopardy. He gives the loose cannon a whole new definition.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

....If they didn't dominate the current gun scene, we'd project a less threatening image to the rest of the country. KY Jon, yes he is, and as long as he remains there, the country is in serious jeopardy. He gives the loose cannon a whole new definition.

If 'they' didn't dominate, 'we' would project the image of a doormat. Doormat is a synonym for living and breathing document, right Bill? Maybe, the image you'd insist on projecting is that of an old white drunk saying take your favorite double barrel and fire a couple rounds off in the air? Just your plain ole run of the mill loose canon, or is he a hands on type of toxic male?

Always interesting conversation Bill. I for one hope that I have a beater mossberg for sale when you have a few bucks burning a hole in your pocket and one of your lapses in standards flipped on.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craig, I'd be tempted to buy a Mossberg from you just to make you feel good. The old NRA lie that any concession would lead overnight to total confiscation and a return to the Dark Ages is just what it is , a lie. The regulations on Class III weapons shows that regulation of some types of firearms works. Trump is toxic, no doubt, but the less he put shis tiny hands on the wheel, the better off we all are.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I'd be tempted to buy a Mossberg from you just to make you feel good. The old NRA lie that any concession would lead overnight to total confiscation and a return to the Dark Ages is just what it is , a lie. The regulations on Class III weapons shows that regulation of some types of firearms works. Trump is toxic, no doubt, but the less he put shis tiny hands on the wheel, the better off we all are.

Bill, that old NRA canard is NOT a lie. There is no end to regulation until confiscation has been effected. Look at England. Look at Australia. Look at New Zealand. Look at Canada. The evidence is overwhelmingly against the position you just asserted.

And as a hunter/gun owner the only lies going on are the ones you tell yourself about how with just a little more regulation, all will be safe from the misuse of firearms and the anti gun faction will be satisfied.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CB, This is not England, Canada, or Australia or New Zealand. Those countries don't have our history, traditions, or constitution.However, since you brought them up, I'll just point out that their rate of gun deaths is a minute fraction of ours. Gun control works. Those countries are not totalitarian nightmares unlike Russia, North Korea, or the Phillipines, all countries whose leaders our President admires.I think how Americans feel about gun control has a lot to do with how close gun violence has come in their personal lives. My brother was shot to death in 1984. The teacher who was killed in the school shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon had been my student teacher a few years prior and a guide I fished with. All will never be safe, but we can do better. Not to try is stupid.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/24/19 03:40 PM. Reason: addition

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

You may be able to do better but you dont have a gun problem. You have a social problem. It always helps to solve problems by first acknowledging what the problems are.

Trying is understandable, especially with your personal connection to gun violence. It is the solutions put forward so often that seem stupid. Not the trying.

BTW its a social / mental health problem elsewhere as well. I just looked at the top 10 most wanted by Winnipeg police. Winnipeg is well on its way to recapturing the murder capital of Canada crown. More so far this year than all of last year. 9 of 10 were of native origins and most of those had obvious gang affiliation. Yet our government thinks the solution to gun violence is to further restrict the law abiding citizens who legally own and use guns responsibly.

In the face of idiocy, a certain amount of obstinance is required.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/24/19 03:37 PM.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CB, What makes more background checks stupid? How could it be stupid to keep guys too young to buy beer from owing assault rifles? Yes, it's a social problem, but what makes it a problem is allowing misfits to get guns. Why can't we take steps to achieve just what we all want: guns owned by law-abiding citizens?

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Background checks are meaningless as long as healthcare providers are barred from warning police and family members about mental health issues. HIPAA restricts mental health reporting to much. Go back and look at all these mass shootings. 2/3 of the shooters have serious mental health issues. Most were known but you cant violate a HIPAA without running serious legal risks. Easier to not report. So all the red flags get ignored. No gun laws can be effective when you seal major information like this. Gun laws only stop law abiding people from breaking the law. Those who choose to break the law ignore them. And what is a minor jail sentence to someone willing to commit a mass shooting or rob a bank? Not even a consideration.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....I think how Americans feel about gun control has a lot to do with how close gun violence has come in their personal lives. My brother was shot to death in 1984. The teacher who was killed in the school shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon had been my student teacher a few years prior and a guide I fished with. All will never be safe, but we can do better. Not to try is stupid.

You gotta clear something up for me. You might entitle me to feel good about selling you a mossberg, but you turn around and claim feelings are for political weaponizing? Well wouldn't I feel short changed.

Sorry you've run into tragedies so close and personal to you. Since there was no crime and only law abiding use of firearms, do you feel subsequent gun control laws have done better, or not enough?

I have no idea of the stats, but I'd bet your great state ranks per capita near the top in the nation for recreational fully automatic weapon use, tactical rifle and handgun training, supressor use, heck all manner of game is taken at extremely long range with muzzle braked, synthetic machine shop wonders, right? Where's your state's gun crime come from, there or in the pockets of progressive, drug abusive, mental health wacked, dem. boondoggle hell holes?

Will you really feel better if the entire country is needy victims? Then, a cory or bern or kamala will unilaterally wave a magic wand and all will feel okay? Where do ya wanna take us Bill?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just quickly Bill.

First, what is an assault rifle and how is it different from other rifles?

Second, beer and all liquor, in an unarguable way, impairs judgement. Drink a little bit and be slightly impaired. Drink a lot and be a lot impaired. Owning a gun does not physically alter ones capability for making judgements. There is a giant difference between the two. Many here owned their first gun in their early teens. Quick show of hands....how many shot someone when they were a teenager?

BTW shooting someone on Uncle Sams payroll and instructions doesnt count.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/24/19 04:10 PM.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CB, You're not sounding as astute as you usually do, maybe a bit more like Craig. The point is that if beer and immaturity are not a good mix, immaturity and firearms probably aren't the best idea either. You and I both know what assault rifle means, even if it's only semi-automatic. It's the ability to shoot fast and at great length.The other difference is they automatically look menacing to the public. There's a reason for that. I know two people who shot others to death as teens, one accidentally, the other on purpose Teen- agers in this country are disappointingly willing to shoot people. Read the news.KY Jon, by all means, let's enable Drs to rep[ort them. C raig, there are fully auto guns here. They're registered and don't appear in shooting deaths. They're not confiscated either.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

....You're not sounding as astute as you usually do, maybe a bit more like Craig....

....I know two people who shot others to death as teens, one accidentally, the other on purpose Teen- agers in this country are disappointingly willing to shoot people....

Thanks Bill, I think. I 'feel' like you're being evasive, you know, trying to read like you're reasonable, but no substance?

Asked again, and you can do better than that, where are you going with your anecdotes? The purposeful shooting may or may not be legal, and it's probably illegal to accidentally shoot someone. So, now you want to legislate the willingness to break the law? And, this will prevent what?

Let me expand on your example. Who taught these teens to be willing to shoot others? Their responsible parents or guardians, their mentors and role models, their teachers? Will it ever be possible for you to do an internal heart to heart, and decide not peddle your feelings on others when you haven't applied a little thought to them?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Most states have health care provider "mandatory reporting" requirements for domestic violence, evidence of physical, sexual or serious emotional abuse or neglect, self-harm, and for "a serious threat of physical violence against a reasonably identifiable victim", with protection for good faith reporting.
I've reported a school bus driver to the Mo. DOT who was proven to be using cocaine and heroin.
Scroll down about 1/2 way - past the "Counseling Patients about Firearm Safety" propaganda
https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/art...violent/2018-01

The problem of course is how does a provider decide if the threat is "serious".
I am not aware of a case in which a provider lost a suit for good faith violation of confidentiality, but as Jon said, it is easier (cowardly) just to not deal with it. But my Pediatrician sister reported a drug addict for child abuse and the addict threatened to kidnap and kill my sister's child. And health provider assaults and shootings by a disgruntled/mentally ill/angry patient are increasing markedly
https://www.modernhealthcare.com/providers/healthcare-workers-face-violence-epidemic

Sidelock
Sidelock

Shoot fast? A friend has a Remington hunting rifle from the 1940s that qualifies.

Looks menacing?? Are you serious?? That is a reason to ban them??

I had a close friend die in a house fire when we were 19. He ran back in to get someone out. Should we ban house fires? I also had friends die in car accidents. When they were driving! Lets get rid of cars. Far more people die from cars than from guns.

The truth is anecdotal experience is meaningless and statistics are not on your side Bill.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CB, Did I say ban? If we could ban house fires, I'd go with that. Cars are a possible parallel. There are requirements for their ownership and operation. The numbers of annual deaths, cars vs guns, are so close the difference doesn't matter. Suppose 18 year -olds had to have some instruction and pass an exam to own a gun. Suppose you had to be 21 to own an assault rifle. Suppose you had to pass a background check to buy a gun at a show. Nobody would be seriously harmed by such requirements. And they'd have some positive effect. I think many mass shooters are neither smart nor very resourceful. Just one simple roadblock would stop some. It's good to have discussions like this. Maybe someone will suggest something that makes a difference.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/24/19 07:10 PM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill youre conflating gun violence with suicide by firearm. Big difference. Make guns harder to find and use, people kill themselves in other ways.

Criminal gun violence represents about a 1/3 of deaths as result from motor vehicles.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CB, You're right. I did forget the suicide factor. People inclined to kill themselves with guns are likely not so reluctant to take others with them. To the extent they're identifiable, let them do themselves in by some other means.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

....Did I say ban?....

I don't know Bill, was it someone else that likes to throw around that word and "confiscate" to elicit knee jerk feelings? Still not you? Maybe, it was the folks that you campaign for around here? Hey great news huh Bill, MT wants legal pot, the gateway to blissful feelings, cure all for mental health woes, and the kind of MT we want for our grandkids, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

....I did forget the suicide factor. People inclined to kill themselves with guns are likely not so reluctant to take others with them. To the extent they're identifiable, let them do themselves in by some other means.

Did you just write, you don't care about other things, just focus on gun control?

Sidelock
Sidelock

2016 firearm homicide number was 11,004, FBI numbers. Deaths were caused by 65% handguns, 6% rifle and shotgun, the rest unknown or not reported as to type. Auto deaths for the same year 37,461, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration numbers. Real numbers, real difference. Pedestrian deaths 6,227 pedestrians were killed in traffic in 2018. Not that many less than by firearms and equal to those known to be killed by handguns.

And when you break down the numbers of drug related deaths are way worse. Drug related rime is a major part of all gun violence and that is business, not personal. Disputes over territory, crimes to steal drugs, or money from rivals, or shots fired to collect what is due, or payback for previous shootings. You don't go to court to get a judgement, in that trade, you go do it yourself. 8 out of 10 local homicides, in the last two months, have been drug related locally.

Over the same period there have been many, many more overdose related deaths. They just don't make the news. A gun related death is headline news, while a drug overdose death is so normal it does not even get mentioned. Overdose in 2017 claimed 47,600. More than cars and guns combined. But it's all guns the problem, to many, not drugs or cars.

If a war on guns was waged by the Federal Government and was as successful as the war on drugs we all would need larger safes to store our ever increasing gun collections. If you can not stop tons of drugs how are you going to stop them bringing in guns? What was seized last week a Billion dollars of drugs in Philly harbor? 35,000 pounds, or 15,876 kilograms. They put the street value of the drugs at $1.1 billion. A billion plus dollars worth. Criminals don't follow laws. Gun or drug laws are a joke to them. Make people with mental health issues unable to buy or posses guns and be done with it. Nobody else is going to follow stricter laws, except honest people and why should they be punished?

I'll bet you anything you want, there was not a billion dollars of illegal guns brought into this country last year. How many billion dollars of drugs were? Over a billion a week from Mexico alone.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow Billy, it didn't take much to get you to once again poison the waters with your insane anti-gun Democrat diatribes. I still can't figure out why you don't do this when you are communicating with your pals in the Classic and Custom Rifle forum.

The old NRA lie that any concession would lead overnight to total confiscation and a return to the Dark Ages is just what it is , a lie.

Just for fun Billy, I'd like you to show us exactly where and when the NRA ever said what you claimed above. You know damn well this is another one of your lies, or at best, a gross exaggeration. But we all know that the anti-gun Democrats have never been satisfied with any concession or any new anti-gun legislation they manage to pass. We all know that they are always pushing for more restrictions on law abiding citizens. If they ever got the ban on semi-auto rifles they want, do you seriously think they will be happy and stop trying to ban handguns?

We know that you do not like AR-15's or the NRA. And we also know that more people are killed annually in the U.S. by hammers and blunt instruments than by AR-15's, AK-47's, and all rifles of all types combined, including Mossbergs and the rifles you like. But facts never meant much to you Billy.

I'm very happy to see that KY Jon mentioned the huge numbers of drug overdose deaths. According to the CDC, in 2016, there were more than 63,600 drug overdose deaths in the United States. This is more than the total of U.S. combat deaths for the entire Viet Nam war. A hell of a lot of those deadly drugs that are killing tens of thousands of kids are coming across the border that you anti-gun Democrats wish to keep wide open. But not a word from you about that death toll and carnage Billy. I wonder why??? And hey Billy, a lot more kids die from texting while driving than from school shootings. Perhaps you can tell us why anti-gun Democrats like you aren't pushing for restrictions on teen driving and teen cell phone ownership???

And speaking of restrictive gun laws in foreign countries, could you explain this to us Billy???...

The U.S. has over 300 million guns and a 2012 murder rate of 4.7 per 100,000. Russia has only 13 million guns, and a 2012 murder rate of 9.2 per 100,000. So we have 23 times as many guns, and a murder rate about half as high as Russia. It would seem that the problem is cultural rather than due to the availability of guns. And we know that violent crime is worse in places like Detroit and Chicago that have been under Democrat control for decades. I'd bet that a ban on Democrats would save a lot more lives than a ban on AR-15's... without even considering deaths of unborn babies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A ban on democrats, African Americans, Latinos, and previously convicted gun crime violators would take the gun problem down to about zero. However, as we know, that isn't going to happen, never will. In Maryland last week, two gun stores were burglarized, one perp killed by police. One of the perps shows up on the Maryland Case Search website as having been arrested less than a month before the burglaries for "gun in car", "gun on person", "loaded gun on person", "gun in possession by a previously convicted felon" "CDS possession over ten grams" "CDS distribution with gun" and other miscellaneous charges, yes, in May of 2019, the month before the burglaries. He was released the day after he was charged to allow him to burglarize two gun stores and get his buddy killed. What kind of crime would keep a Maryland perp incarcerated for more than a day? I won't mention race, but you may guess. I feel that the mention of race is OK because honest people of any race would be disturbed at the criminal behavior of those of their race. Equal rights is alive and well here also, one of the perps being a female, although identities are not mentioned when juveniles are involved.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rocky Mountain Bill is without a doubt sick in the head....

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe, re gun control, dont think bill is sick in the head...more like he is suffering from a wounded heart...european style gun control works for them...not for us...

as for trump, bill like many others, dont get it...like in "the apprentice", president trump is entertaining and distracting us, with daily drama...its all about ratings...if you are watching, trump wants to make sure it is him you are watching and not somebody else...

and with his daily show, trump is also manipulating his enemies into believing that he is something that he is not...trump knows that one of the ways to control large numbers of people, is to set them up, so it is easy for them to believe what they want to believe...

if one wants to really understand donald trump, read his books...
and then ignore most of what he says as pres, but do pay close attention to what he does...

Last edited by ed good; 06/25/19 07:58 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

So mr. ed, explain what you see about his actions. Not about acting mind you, but about his policy and their results. It's clear he makes it easy for Bill to feel the way Bill wants to, is that America's problem or Bill's?

Sidelock
Sidelock

America has some serious problems, none of which involves the gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
jOe, re gun control, dont think bill is sick in the head...more like he is suffering from a wounded heart...european style gun control works for them...not for us...

as for trump, bill like many others, dont get it...like in "the apprentice", president trump is entertaining and distracting us, with daily drama...its all about ratings...if you are watching, trump wants to make sure it is him you are watching and not somebody else...

and with his daily show, trump is also manipulating his enemies into believing that he is something that he is not...trump knows that one of the ways to control large numbers of people, is to set them up, so it is easy for them to believe what they want to believe...

if one wants to really understand donald trump, read his books...
and then ignore most of what he says as pres, but do pay close attention to what he does...

You've nailed the key aspect of Trump's presidency Ed. He's actually getting stuff done, while distracting the talking heads with the lunacy. Unlike his Hope and Change predecessor, who was loved by the pundits and was useless as a chief executive.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/25/19 08:41 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

WAY too broad a brush Bill. The school and houses of worship shooters have been predominately Anglo. And as a % of the population, Latinos are serving disproportionately in the military.

The ban we need is of criminals walking the streets, esp. criminal aliens (disproportionately Latino) and repeat offenders (disproportionately African-American), and of those who enable them to do so. How about we ban fatherless children raised in poverty by drug addicted baby mamas while we're at it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

School and house of worship killings are a blip on the gun death scale. And what does percent of a certain group serving in the military have to do with the overall crime rate of that group? A ban on criminals walking the street is a "no go" for our judges and politicos. Obviously, putting convicted criminals in jail would solve a lot of the problem, but it isn't going to happen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you look at crime numbers they tell an interesting story. Blacks are much more likely to be a victim of black crime than whites even though whites are the majority. Its black on black because they have vastly more contact with other blacks. Drug shootings are almost always same race shootings. I guess blacks deal mostly with blacks, Latinos with Latinos and whites with whites.

Gun control is a phony cure for other real problems. You cant stop drugs, which are the real cause of so much crime, so you go after the guns to claim just eliminating guns, will reduce crime. It wont. You would be afraid of a gun pointed at you, how much less afraid will you be of a knife when again you dont have a gun or even your own knife?

Eightbore, in 1993 I walked into a connivence story hold up. I backed out, unseen and stoped the robber when he left the building. 12 bore at 15 feet. Perp was arrested when Baltimore police showed up five minutes later. Handgun use in armed robbery were the charges. In the end, they plea bargained it down to misdemeanor, time servered and threw out the handgun charge. That alone was an automatic 5 year prison term. But not when they plea bargain. Kid was out in less than four months with not even a felony conviction. Always wondered if they gave him back his gun? Typical Baltimore city justice system outcome.

Gun laws only work,to any extent, when they are enforced. And we have thousands which are for show only because if they were seriously they would make them much simpler and strictly enforced. Commit a crime with a gun gets you ten years automatic prison time. Wound anyone, 15. Robbery with a gun 25 years. Kill them life or fast track death penalty. My favorite. Two years after conviction you will be put to death. Those gun laws would be more effective in my opinion.

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow is this thread off track!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Drew, Both Obama and Trump said their priority was deporting alien criminals which I think makes good sense. Both have caught a bunch of them. The current influx from south of the border seems predominately ordinary people trying to escape unlivable conditions. Saying that probably brands me a bleeding heart. Part of the divide here is that my experience is mainly rural. I realize there are many urban communities with problems I haven't seen first hand. A great deal of those problems though would gradually fade if people there had access 1) to jobs that pay a living wage, and 2) decent educational opportunities. The jobs need to come first. Ps: What does this have to do with planting trees? There is a connection. Planting trees and investing in run down communities are both acts of faith in a future we may not live to see but which we believe need our support.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/25/19 02:51 PM. Reason: addition

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

we have been letting poor people from cultures different than our own into this country for a long time now...like since the 1840's when the first waves of irish and germans made their way here as best they could...back then, it was work or die...poor immigrants took what jobs they could find for the wage they could get...their educational opportunities were look, listen and learn by doing... and certainly not by sitting in some class room listening to some one pontificate about ditch digging or horse poop pick up...they found jobs that no one else was willing to do...and they did the work without complaint...

it is now 2019, not 1849...they are not from ireland or one of the german states...they are mostly from central america...

other than the time and the place of origin, nothing else has really changed...

Last edited by ed good; 06/25/19 03:23 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....A great deal of those problems though would gradually fade if people there had access 1) to jobs that pay a living wage, and 2) decent educational opportunities. The jobs need to come first. Ps: What does this have to do with planting trees? There is a connection. Planting trees and investing in run down communities are both acts of faith in a future we may not live to see but which we believe need our support.

Too funny, eh Bill?

So, which is it this week, do you want us stuck in yet another foreign money pit nation building quagmire, or will you flip to being a faux fiscal responsibility warrior?

Have you considered how many printing presses would get worn out cranking out cash to compete with the sanctuary state kali, among other vacation destinations? College, ocare, ID's, food stamps, project housing, welfare checks all free, free ,free, right? I can't wait for the needle resistant wader shortage when kali starts handing them out for free to navigate tent city sewage.

Do you really mean 'unlivable conditions', or does kidding yourself make you feel better without breaking a sweat?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craig, I really meant unlivable conditions. That's why I said it. I don't see the humor in any of this and think someone who does needs to pull his head out and take an objective look around. Probably not going to happen.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/27/19 11:33 AM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, Both Obama and Trump said their priority was deporting alien criminals which I think makes good sense. Both have caught a bunch of them. .....

..... A great deal of those problems though would gradually fade if people there had access 1) to jobs that pay a living wage, and 2) decent educational opportunities. .....

The jobs need to come first. .....

Hahaha, this is all too funny!

First off, there is a big difference between Donald Trump actually trying to stop illegal immigration, and the Obama administration policies of Catch-and-Release, and counting the same repeat offenders multiple times to inflate the numbers of deportations. And let's not forget Obama administration lawsuit against Arizona for trying to enforce Illegal Immigration laws. And in December 2014, Texas and 16 other states filed a federal lawsuit challenging President Obamas executive actions on immigration. Now why would they file those lawsuits if Obama was actually trying to enforce the law???

But remember, you are listening to Billy, who frequently tells lies in order to bring DNC Propaganda to you.

Second, there are plenty of unfilled jobs that pay good money. And there are plenty of lazy bastards with two good arms and two good legs who would still rather collect Welfare and Food Stamps and other Welfare benefits. We do not need upwards of 25-30 million Illegals to fill jobs when there are able-bodied people collecting Welfare.

Third, seeing Billy complain about educational opportunities is hilarious, since he was part of the failed Public Education System he complains about. We spend more per pupil on Public Education than any Nation on Earth, and this Libtard thinks we need to piss more money down the rat-hole.

With teachers like Billy, it's no wonder kids can't find jobs when they graduate or drop out.

Fourth, the jobs have been coming back thanks to Pro-Gun President Donald Trump. There is a labor shortage, and wages are finally rising after decades of stagnation. But Billy thinks we should ditch Trump and go back to the failed High Tax anti-Corporation policies and onerous regulations that drove hundreds of thousands of good jobs to foreign countries. Billy thinks we would be better off with things like NAFTA that was signed into law by the anti-gunner Bill Clinton.

Yeah, boy... that sure created a lot of great jobs for Americans... Central Americans that is. What a dunce.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not always expenditures that count in education, health and military etc. Anyone can spend money. It's outcomes, the management that counts. Countries with acknowledged better systems pay a fraction of the US in education and healthcare.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's seldom that I agree with the anti-2nd Amendment Socialist King Brown, but he is correct. The pro-Democrat National Education Association has given us a very poor return on investment for decades. Meanwhile, the Democrat legislators have protected the status quo, and fought tooth-and-nail against school choice, while they protect and provide tenure for incompetent teachers like Billy, who indoctrinate our kids with Socialist dogma.

Same goes for Health Care. Anti-gun Democrats had control of the House, Senate, and White House after the 2008 election. They promised that ObamaCare would reduce costs and provide better care. Instead we saw double-digit annual increases in cost, and millions of people forced to buy substandard Insurance with high prices and huge deductibles. Many employers stopped hiring or reduced employment because of the increased costs to them. The only persons who benefited were those who got subsidies at the expense of other taxpayers... more Income Redistribution and more Welfare for unproductive leeches!

In spite of this, no small number of Libtards and FUDDs wish to return another anti-gun Democrat to the White House. Hal was quite concerned about this thread going off topic. So let's take a turn back to it...

What good is it to plant walnut trees for gun stock blanks when you support anti-gun Democrat politicians who wish to eventually ban guns??? When those walnut trees mature, will there even be a 2nd Amendment for our grandchildren, when we have so many fools who wish to incrementally give up the Right to Keep and Bear Arms?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
It's not always expenditures that count in education, health and military etc. Anyone can spend money. It's outcomes, the management that counts....

King, if it makes you feel any better, I dont believe you for one second. I think if you reflect a bit, then youll get back to reading like you were just in one of our debates.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pigs must be flying. Haha. Keith, King and Craig agree on something.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

King, if it makes you feel any better, I dont believe you for one second.

Mustela nivalis must be drinking or doing drugs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill which one of those 20 democrat idiOts running for president do you like ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

King

You need to work some of your magic and turn this into a golf thread the way you turn so many into hockey threads.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

jOe, The 2020 election comes down to three issues: global warming, health care, and livable wages for working people. These are matters of life and death for many Americans. Republicans are not addressing these problems. They won't discuss climate change because they see there is still big money to be made in fossil fuels. They have no clue how to make health care universally available. The rich have done very well for themselves . They got a big tax cut.Of course, that had nothing to do with buying votes. After all, we all understand that it's welfare buys votes, right?

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

King

If we work together we can do this.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports...pga/1594879001/

Sidelock
Sidelock

....The 2020 election comes down to three issues: global warming, health care, and livable wages for working people. These are matters of life and death for many Americans. Republicans are not addressing these problems. They won't discuss climate change because they see there is still big money to be made in fossil fuels. They have no clue how to make health care universally available. The rich have done very well for themselves . They got a big tax cut.Of course, that had nothing to do with buying votes. After all, we all understand that it's welfare buys votes, right?

Bill, I can understand your frustration, do you? Two evenings of clueless high school level corporate pitch whiners trying to convince America that they should aspire to the lowest common denominator. Which one of them meets the wants that you laid out above?

If I mischaracterized your inspirational leaders, would you take a minute and explain why?

Sidelock
Sidelock

well, lets look at the up coming election in this scenario...

donald trump is the ceo of a publically owned, multi faceted, for profit conglomerate...

he is in his first term as ceo, elected by the vote of the stock holders agents...

think of congress as the board of directors, but elected directly by the vote of the stock holders, to keep a sharp eye on the new ceo; to make sure he is pursuing stock holders profit goals and not just his own...

and think of the supreme court as an independent review agency, such as consumer reports, the fda, etc...

as a voting stock holder, you will have the option to re elect ceo trump for a second term in 2020...or replace him...

the questions are simple...

will trump perform in 2021 and beyond to your satisfaction?

will he generate the returns and growth of the value of your stock holdings to meet your goals...

and finally, is there another party vying for the top management spot, that appears to be able to do a better job than our current ceo?

Last edited by ed good; 06/29/19 10:35 AM.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ed, Your metaphor has a major flaw: government is not a business. Its purpose is not to turn a profit. The current administration has run government into the ground. Trump can't hire and fire incompetents too quickly. The most important quality a Democratic candidate has to have is the ability to send Trump back to the swamp he crawled out of. Craig, what the entire Democratic field has that our beloved leader and his fans lack is a profound faith in objective reality. They have their strengths and weaknesses. They may not be perfect. The weakest one would be a large net gain. Just my personal read, of course.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Two evenings of clueless high school level corporate pitch whiners trying to convince America that they should aspire to the lowest common denominator.

Well thrifty, for the sale of argument, lets make a big assumption and keep your description of the cabal of Dems, which, as you have described, none of them have loyalties to Putin and the Russian regime like your leader. None of them have thrown Americans under the bus like Otto Warmer, or Jamal Khashoggi to blood thirsty tryants, and then sided with the tyrants.

None of them have so publicly and so often sided with the Russian government or the government of a tyrant like Saudi Arabia or North Korea against our own security institutions like your leader has done repeatedly.

So I would expect that even if we just accept your description, without question or even a smidge of critical thought, the decision ends right there. As I explained to you before, loyal Americans do not approve of politicians who seek out and accept the assistance of foreign adversaries to win an election and then trade our citizens and national interest for it, while all the while taking measures to conceal the assistance of the foreign adversary.

I know this stuff is difficult for you to understand with your intellectual limitations and selfish nature, but as is often said, ignorance is no defense.

BTW, in 2016, a person like you, might of had some plausible deniability that the Russians where helping trump or that he would throw American to the whims of Tyrants. Reporting and the Mueller report settled these issues now such that in 2020 they are a well known fact and your continued support for trump has to be squared with that.

So patriot, how so you square that?

Last edited by nca225; 06/29/19 11:08 AM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

So far I have kept completely silent on this thread, I would now, however, like to add one.

Quote:
They got a big tax cut.Of course, that had nothing to do with buying votes. After all, we all understand that it's welfare buys votes, right?

I would dearly love to see a breakdown by % of the number of Rich in this nation in comparison to the Blue Collar workers & those on Welfare. I truly believe that breakdown would Blow your Biased conclusion out of the water faster than a 16" Naval gun could blast away a Birchbark Canoe.

Bottom line is if one is buying votes, they do not buy elections by buying the Rich, They do it by Buying the most voters. Face it the Democrats Sold out so many people they could not Buy enough votes to win the election. Trump did not Buy it, the Dems Threw it Away.

The same thing happened when Al Gore tried to run for President. When he teamed up as Clinton's veep he went from being a moderate conservative to a full-blown liberal & threw away the votes of his home state of TN which cost him the election more so than the Chits or whatever it was they called them on the Fla ballots. He totally forgot that TN had put him where he was, but TN didn't forget that he Sold Them out when they went to the polls.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Forget gunstock blanks, I'm going to harvest all my hickory trees and have them cut into Pickrick Toothpicks. I think they'll be a hot item for the 2020 election...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Craig, what the entire Democratic field has that our beloved leader and his fans lack is a profound faith in objective reality....

Objective reality?

At first I thought high school, but as any teacher would know, we'd have to go back to the second or third grade to get all the kids to fall in line and raise their hands every time they heard a talking point, eh. Your front runner was priceless. The first thing biden would do as prez. would be to beat Trump. In reality, did he hit the sauce before the gang of ten plus ten skit?

You should pms nca. russia, russia russia, whines like the brady bunch do, marsha, marsha, marsha. Any objective observer could see that barry's inner circle, while sounding like you-n-nca, are starting to throw each other under the bus, eh? You know who I'm refering to, the russia architects, right? Love and lots of recreational drugs will win the day.

By the way Bill, did you ever step foot in one of your MT public health clinics, sit and observe, so you could give us a little preview of what you have in mind by force feeding the country big bro health care? Skip that, how about law abiding American sportsmen (the inferior of felon illegal aliens), breaking into your home for fall hunting accomodations, and you pay the bill if they get a booboo and have to go to the doc for a bandaide.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Our association foresters, looking into New England sorting yards several years ago, noticed piles of white birch and asked price and what for. $250/cord and tongue depressors. White birch is low value hereabouts. Your hickory high value, Geo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep, I can see it now. Axe handles; Pickrick Drumsticks diminished by the lying Atlanta newspaper into toothpicks. An informing artifact of our southern civil rights era. Lester Maddox was GA's last segregationist governor.

Before being elected in 1966 Lester owned an Atlanta restaurant called The Pickrick. He had a barrel next to the cash register which was full of axe handles inscribed Pickrick Drumsticks. They were for the coming race wars, and became a symbol of his political career.

I was an 18 year college freshman for that election and he was probably my first vote. If I remember right, he was elected when the governor's race was so tight it was thrown into the democrat GA legislature...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 06/29/19 01:16 PM. Reason: Forgot where I was in 1966
Sidelock
Sidelock

You should pms nca. russia, russia russia, whines like the brady bunch do, marsha, marsha, marsha.

I noticed that instead of being a man and defending your support for trump betraying the country you just hurl some snide remark to hide the issue. I think its fair to add cowardice to the description of disloyal and unpatriotic. Don't you?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
... tongue depressors.

Who gives a shyte.

I tried reaching across the aisle.

If you dont want to jaw jaw on the golf course I guess we can break oot the Pickrick Toothpicks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
....I noticed that instead of being a man and defending your support for trump betraying the country you just hurl some snide remark to hide the issue. I think its fair to add cowardice to the description of disloyal and unpatriotic. Don't you?

Is it possible for you to exude toxic masculinity?

Knowing your pc aptitude, when you mention man, do you really mean tranny gal entitled to abortions? How do you mean hide the issue? Around here, it's about lawful firearms ownership and use, while you're a knee jerk anti 2nd brady bunch type supporter, right? Woke up, if you have the ovaries to follow along, I'm just recapping your debates.

Sidelock
Sidelock

well, maybe it is past time that we start running gubmint like a for profit big business...where maximizing profit via cost reduction and revenue generation, with return on investment to tax payer voters is the goal...

an when gubmint cuts taxes and even refunds money back to the tax payers, like bush jr did, that can be viewed as an increase in securities values and dividend distribution...

and then there is buying back debt...what a wonderful way to protect the integrity and future viability of the enterprise...

with the consent of the board, the last two ceos have exhibited gross fiscal irresponsibility...

bush jr squandered vasts sums of the conpany's assets on foreign ventures, that returned little of value in comparison to the costs...

obama ran up corporate debt to astronomical sums, with little or no apparent return on investment...in addition, his anti capitalist policies stifled economic growth for the voter base
and created a generally dismal business climate for many years...weak gdp growth under obama is the obvious evidence...

ceo trump so far, has increased gdp growth many times over that experienced under obama...that fact alone, has earned trump re election for another term...as tax payer voters, perhaps a ceo candidates potential to implement corporate cost reduction and debt retirement programs are what should be our primary consideration when choosing our next ceo...

Last edited by ed good; 06/29/19 01:17 PM.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ed, Obama had a bit of a handicap; he had to bring the country out of Bush's recession. Having done that, he passed on a much stronger economy to Trump. As for debt, read up on the long-term costs of Trump's tax cut. People who think Trump's doing a good job are the people he's taken advantage of in his casinos. They're all convinced they can b e winners too if they only buy the right lottery ticket or feed the right slot machine. He's rich because there's one of them born every second.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is it possible for you to exude toxic masculinity?

Knowing your pc aptitude, when you mention man, do you really mean tranny gal entitled to abortions? How do you mean hide the issue? Around here, it's about lawful firearms ownership and use, while you're a knee jerk anti 2nd brady bunch type supporter, right? Woke up, if you have the ovaries to follow along, I'm just recapping your debates.

By being a man, I mean somebody who has guts to defend their actions, no matter what they are, instead of dancing around the issue and pointing to some irrelevant topic. You fall into the latter half and therefore clearly do not meet the definition.

A b!tch and disloyal to boot. Your admirable qualities are piling up by the second.

Last edited by nca225; 06/29/19 01:39 PM.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

ed, Obama had a bit of a handicap; he had to bring the country out of Bush's recession. Having done that, he passed on a much stronger economy to Trump. As for debt, read up on the long-term costs of Trump's tax cut. People who think Trump's doing a good job are the people he's taken advantage of in his casinos. They're all convinced they can b e winners too if they only buy the right lottery ticket or feed the right slot machine. He's rich because there's one of them born every second.

Demonstrably false to the core. The economy did a U turn from the bottom of the graph on the day after the election. Not the day before.
No liberal can explain how any of President Obamas policies helped the economy. Because, they didnt.
Otto put himself in harms way, and liberals somehow blame President Trump for that, ignoring the 20,000 plus souls that perished waiting for Obama care. It was true then, it is true now, you must break some eggs to make an omelette, eh lefties?

Of course, still true, we never will see the omelette. It exists only in your sick minds.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225

A b!tch and disloyal to boot. Your admirable qualities are piling up by the second.

Jaw jaw like that up in Nova Scotia liable to get you Pickricked.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, You're pinpointing an economic turn-around is nothing short of miraculous. No economist could manage such a feat. Your crystal ball is simply amazing. Think what you could accomplish as an investor or financial adviser.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We generate a lot of ideological heat here, but I wonder how deep it actually runs. I suspect it could be fairly recent in origin. As an experiment, we could name some people we greatly admire from the 19th and 20th centuries. The correspondences and discrepancies might be revealing. Holding the list to six, I'll say my heroes are Abraham Lincoln,Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, JR, Dwight Eisenhower, and Aldo Leopold.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

....As an experiment, we could name some people we greatly admire from the 19th and 20th centuries. The correspondences and discrepancies might be revealing. Holding the list to six, I'll say my heroes are....

Since you weren't likely to have any first hand experiences with your list of six, are you saying that track records are important, or do your heros only have the roll of making you feel good? Of the twenty dem candidates that were on the tv debates this past week, which ones have the track records to substantively fullfil your list of needs for the country?

The wedge discrepancies should apply to 2020, in other words a bit more recently, right? In a hypothetical lunch and chat with one of your heros, would you bring up climate change?

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe, The 2020 election comes down to three issues: global warming, health care, and livable wages for working people. These are matters of life and death for many Americans. Republicans are not addressing these problems. They won't discuss climate change because they see there is still big money to be made in fossil fuels. They have no clue how to make health care universally available. The rich have done very well for themselves . They got a big tax cut.Of course, that had nothing to do with buying votes. After all, we all understand that it's welfare buys votes, right?

Miller made the excellent point about buying the votes of literally tens of millions of Welfare recipients versus the relatively low number of votes that could be gleaned by giving tax cuts to the super rich.

Speaking of Super Rich... the Democrat controlled state of California has the most Billionaires.

California also has 1/5 of the nation's homeless, and 1/5 of their citizens are below the poverty line. They are seriously in debt, and their educational system is ranked 10th to last in the entire nation... under Democrat control! It looks like the anti-gun Democrat promise of stopping the disparity in wealth and taxing the rich to make life better for the poor was all a lie. It also looks like their promises of better schools through higher taxes is another big fat lie.

Efforts by Republicans to end the scam called ObamaCare and to replace it with something better were fought at every turn by Liberal anti-gun Democrats.

Climate change is simply a Liberal anti-gun Democrat scam to control us and take away more of our freedom. One of the co-founders of the Weather Channel called Global Warming the Biggest Scam in History. The easy access to Historical Climate Data on the National Weather Service website has been eliminated. It showed anyone who cared to look that the warming we had in the last decade is nothing new or remarkable. We all know about the ClimateGate Scandal where Penn State University and East Anglia University conspired to alter climate data to support this scam. Liberals never wish to talk about that. How about this from Dr David Raal:

http://www.hiltonratcliffe.com/the-myths-of-man-made-climate-change/

But Billy won't bother reading that, and even if he did, he couldn't comprehend it. So here's some nice pictures for him:

cute not common boy names

Sidelock
Sidelock

We generate a lot of ideological heat here, but I wonder how deep it actually runs. I suspect it could be fairly recent in origin. As an experiment, we could name some people we greatly admire from the 19th and 20th centuries. The correspondences and discrepancies might be revealing. Holding the list to six, I'll say my heroes are Abraham Lincoln,Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, JR, Dwight Eisenhower, and Aldo Leopold.

This sounds fun bill, let me toss out a few candidates we can expect to see on keith's and hOmelessAsshole's lists:

1. Adolf Hitler
2. George Lincoln Rockwell
3. Gene the Nazi
4. Frank O. McCord
5. James R. Crowe
6. John C. Lester,
7. Richard R. Reed,
8. J. Calvin Jones
9. John B. Kennedy
10. David Koresh

Hey princess and hOmelessAsshole, did I miss anybody?

Edited to add:

Looks like I did....

11. Jefferson Davis (thanks hOmelessAsshole)

Last edited by nca225; 06/29/19 03:22 PM.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A correction: politicians don't win by buying the votes of the rich; the rich win by buying the votes of politicians, by buying the policies and the contracts they want and eliminating the regulations they don't profit from.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/29/19 03:34 PM. Reason: revision

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Poor brainless idiots, rocky brain bill and the transgender fairy nca225, apparently do not wish to comment upon the stark failures in education and economic disparity under Liberal anti-gun Democrat rule in California.

This is typical of our anti-2nd Amendment Libtard Democrat Trolls. And still no comment from Billy about the wisdom (or ignorance)of planting walnut trees for future gun stock wood, while also supporting Liberal Democrats who wish to eliminate gun ownership by law abiding citizens.

When these two Libtards aren't ignoring facts, they are running away from them:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-jackson-california-poverty-20180114-story.html

Hey Billy, speaking of the rich, and income disparity, and livable wages... how about this?

Of course, we all know how antigunner Hillary complained about rich Hedge Fund Managers. What she didn't tell you is that Chelsea's husband is a rich Hedge Fund Manager, and is a nephew of the anti-gunner and Billionaire George Soros. Her Father-in-Law is a former Liberal Democrat Congressman who has a felony conviction and went to Federal Prison after pleading guilty to 31 counts of Bank Fraud totaling about $10 million.

You don't need Corporations to buy your vote when you are defrauding Banks out of millions! Right Billy?

Sidelock
Sidelock

A correction: politicians don't win by buying the votes of the rich; the rich win by buying the votes of politicians, by buying the policies and the contracts they want and eliminating the regulations they don't profit from.

Ah, so you would say that you're a trickle down ideology beneficiary of soros? Maybe, you could start a ground roots effort to regulate feelings, never mind they already have you folks switching them on and off on que. Hint, next you should pivot to packing the courts?

Sidelock
Sidelock

So I'm thinking of cutting this tree down......

Sidelock
Sidelock

You have to plan carefully cback, might want it to fall to the right.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My List of Six;
Jefferson Davis
Robert E Lee
Thomas J "Stonewall" Jackson
Nathan B Forrest
Confederate Paternal G Grandfather
Confederate Maternal G Grandfather.

The last two only made it to a Corporal, but are still High on my List

As for ole (Honest) Abe (LOL), I would not want to be in his shoes when he has to stand before the "Pearly Gates" & give account for the 600,000+ American Deaths he was responsible for by instigating an UNCONSTITUTIONAL war.

Last edited by 2-piper; 06/29/19 07:52 PM. Reason: Left off a Zero in the 600,000+

Miller/TN
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

2-piper, There's still some common ground; we both like double guns.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Ted, You're pinpointing an economic turn-around is nothing short of miraculous. No economist could manage such a feat. Your crystal ball is simply amazing. Think what you could accomplish as an investor or financial adviser.

Got any money in the stock market Bill? Or, do you just let the bankrupt teachers pension worry about that?

Care to give us a blow by blow of the years and months leading up to Donald J. Trump under BHO, versus what has happened in the last two years?

I thought not.

Lets talk about a SINGLE contrasting point under either. How about numbers on welfare? No, Billy? How about, black unemployment? You dont want to talk about that one either? How about numbers insured by private health insurance? Boy, probably not, just looking at the numbers of people employed since Trump took office.

By any measure a lefty can dream up, the only way they can claim things are worse for the man on the street is to lie their collective asses off about it. Which, every single one of them did, during the debates.

And, as you persist in doing, now.

Get used to the good times, Bill. You are going to have at least 6 more years of them. No matter how much you hate it.

Still waiting for your brilliant rationalization of the 20,000 plus who died waiting on Obama care, by the way. Spit it out any time now, OK?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, actually I have money in the stock market, and it's doing very well. Obama inherited a bailout that was seriously flawed. He saved the wall street assholes who should have been jailed, but he saved the auto industry too. Our current economy benefits me, but I have no faith it is sustainable. Wages are up marginally but have a long way to go to make up for the stagnation working people have endured. Our system is rigged against them. Finally, Obama did not cause the recession. Republicans caused the recession.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

2-piper, Nothing has divided the country as much as slavery, and Lincoln took the tragic but ultimately right position that the union should survive and slavery should not. Donald Trump takes second as a divisive force in American society.Compared to slavery he is a paltry figure, but he has passionate followers and a talent for creating the illusion that they are valued and will be rewarded. Hitler had the same gift-- build a legacy on resentment and humiliation, blame people of another color or religion. Hispanic immigrants are Trump's Jews. He can't incinerate them, but he can lock them up, separate them from their children, and blame them for our drug problems and violent crime. He can also hire them to staff his hotels and casinos. Who says America is not the country where anyone could rise to be President?

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

so, is seems that reducing the cost of gubment and increasing gubmint revenues by taxing an expanding profit driven revenue base are not popular concepts here...

these are among president trump's future long range domestic policy goals...

i was one of the first users of this forum to declare support for candidate trump...am i now all alone here in supporting re election of the president?

Last edited by ed good; 06/29/19 08:15 PM.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ed, I hope so.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

....Donald Trump takes second as a divisive force in American society.Compared to slavery he is a paltry figure, but he has passionate followers and a talent for creating the illusion that they are valued and will be rewarded. Hitler had the same gift-- build a legacy on resentment and humiliation, blame people of another color or religion. Hispanic immigrants are Trump's Jews. He can't incinerate them, but he can lock them up, separate them from their children, and blame them for our drug problems and violent crime. He can also hire them to staff his hotels and casinos....

You're on board with the identity politics play book, but you're not very good at it. It's almost as if you're following biden's lead when he reads off a speech, that was plagiarized.

What are the rules when someone gets a talking point email? Do you have to rattle it off word for word or are the rules flexible enough for a little freelancing? What feels better, to be forced to use talking points or entitled to use talking points?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Not so fast, Willy:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/sep/06/did-obama-save-us-automobile-industry/

Seems a lot of the credit for saving the auto industry as you call it, goes straight to George Bush. Notice Ford motor company didnt take a penny. While the article claims GM was broke, it fails to note the company moved most of its cash offshore about the time it figured out the hope and change idiot was going to be elected.
Multi national corporations arent stupid, Bill. Hope and change always translates to tax and spend. Or, give billions to an outfit like Solyndra-want to talk about that one, Bill?
Wages are up by a level Obama and Clinton could only have dreamed of, Bill. The numbers of people who have gone from drawing welfare or unemployment, to making a wage in an environment where jobs are plentiful, are staggering.
Hey, the biggest, fattest lie any politician ever told me in my life was if I liked my doctor, I could keep my doctor, and a whole bunch of other bullshit that went along with it. I hold your community organizer directly responsible for the loss of life for 20,000 souls who waited for his promise of government handout health insurance, and I hold him directly responsible for the murder of Customs officer Brian Terry, and untold thousands of Mexican nationals, when the weapons that he and his hair brained AG allowed to walk across the border ended up in the hands of Mexican cartels.
Remind me again, billy, who has Trump murdered?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, The Company that got saved is Chrysler.Where does your 20000 figure come from? What does it mean to wait for health insurance? Did they hold their breath? M illions of Americans got health insurance under Obama care who never had it before. Is it perfect? Hell No. Could it have been a great deal better with the slightest effort from republicans? Hell Yes. Do they have an alternative? Hell No. Craig, your writing is as sorry as ever. It your thinking weren't so screwed up. you'd find it easier to say what you mean. As it is , you seem to have no clue what you intend. Stop listening to Rush and get some information.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Obama inherited a bailout that was seriously flawed. He saved the wall street assholes who should have been jailed, but he saved the auto industry too. Our current economy benefits me, but I have no faith it is sustainable. Wages are up marginally but have a long way to go to make up for the stagnation working people have endured. Our system is rigged against them. Finally, Obama did not cause the recession. Republicans caused the recession.

Ted's observation that Billy is lying his ass off is 100% accurate. But telling Liberal Democrat lies nothing new from Billy. He's been caught in a bunch of them, and pretends he doesn't see it when he gets called out on them. I wonder who he thinks he's fooling... except other brain dead Libtards like nca225.

Obama inherited a Recovery Plan from George Bush that brought us out of a severe recession which was destined to happen when Bill Clinton and the Democrats forced lenders to provide mortgages to people who could never repay them.

Thus began the Subprime Mortgage crisis. People who had been barely able to keep up those mortgage payments were doomed when hundreds of thousands of jobs were lost due to insane Trade Deals like the NAFTA Agreement signed into law by... Bill Clinton.

Obama did not cause the recession, but anti-gun certainly Democrats did. Obama supported the Liberal Left policies that caused the Great Recession. Obama policies as the first gay president gave us a very weak recovery, and his ObamaCare actually raised the cost of Health Care and forced employers to freeze hiring and to reduce employment at a time when unemployment was very high. He told us that chronic high unemployment was going to be the new normal. His recovery was one of the weakest on record. To give Obama any credit for the big jump in the stock markets, employment numbers, and wage growth that happened as soon a Donald Trump was elected is the height of deception and dishonesty.

The current economy benefits rocky brain bill, yet he wishes to go back to high taxes and the onerous anti-Corporate regulations that led to closed factories, job losses, and depressed wages. He also wants unfettered Illegal Immigration, which also depresses wages for the poor and middle class.

Most of the people who got Health Insurance were forced to buy costly and substandard insurance with very high deductibles, under penalty of law. The only people who "GOT" Health Insurance from ObamaCare were those already collecting Welfare who were subsidized at the expense of other taxpayers. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the ObamaCare Individual Mandate was a tax... yet Obama had promised to not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000 per year... another lie. And Billy won't talk about those double digit annual cost increases after Obama promised that costs would come down.

But here on a firearms forum, this is the part which proves that Liberalism is a mental disorder:

2-piper, There's still some common ground; we both like double guns.

This is simply nuts. A guy who claims to like guns and who starts a thread about planting walnut trees to provide wood for gun stocks in the future actually supports and votes for extreme anti-gun Democrats who promise to keep pushing for restrictions on the 2nd Amendment... anti-gun Democrats like Barbara Boxer who actually sometimes admit they would like to ban them all. They always start out claiming that they only want "Saturday Night Specials" or "Assault Weapons" that are designed only for killing people. Or all handguns, which they say are useless for hunting or home defense. But when you look at the huge piles of confiscated and banned firearms from other countries whose anti-gun politicians said the same thing... you see plenty of common hunting rifles and shotguns. These actual advertisements from Australia aren't showing a semi-auto large cap magazine assault style rifle:

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Ted, The Company that got saved is Chrysler.Where does your 20000 figure come from? What does it mean to wait for health insurance? Did they hold their breath? M illions of Americans got health insurance under Obama care who never had it before. Is it perfect? Hell No. Could it have been a great deal better with the slightest effort from republicans? Hell Yes. Do they have an alternative? Hell No. Craig, your writing is as sorry as ever. It your thinking weren't so screwed up. you'd find it easier to say what you mean. As it is , you seem to have no clue what you intend. Stop listening to Rush and get some information.

Republicans want nothing to do with socialized medicine, Bill. Neither do most Americans.
The government accounting office came up with the 20,000 who died, Bill. You can google that. Google Brian Terry or Fast and Furious at the same time.

Your community organizer is a murderer, Bill. You act as if Trump has slaughtered people and ignore how that simpleton tool of the left actually saw to people being slaughtered.

The climate change crap you spew about is a hoax, Bill.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

...Craig, your writing is as sorry as ever. It your thinking weren't so screwed up. you'd find it easier to say what you mean. As it is , you seem to have no clue what you intend. Stop listening to Rush and get some information.

Bill, it would be an honor and a challenge to mix it up a little based on facts and figures, but I see your writing in exactly the same way. You know your tactic is to brush off volumes of effort with a quick cherry picked comment about something you don't like.

In my opinion, it's been quite a few years since I've felt like it's worth a measured, thorough response to one of your likes or dislikes. But, much as you dislike my approach, I will always be sure to sneak in a factual quip about policy and results, not my feelings about personalities.

If all you have is feelings about racism and comparisons to hitler, I'll continue to poke fun at the specific things you bring up, and be sure to frame it with your actual quote. No big deal stuff, you have a great 4th. of July.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a little known FACT because you will never read it in a history book nor hear it on a major media network, but a 13th amendment had been proposed, passed both the house & senate, Had Lincolns Support & was awaiting approval by the required number of states for adoption. This amendment gave the South everything it asked for regarding Slavery. It was virtually accepted nationwide it would receive the needed approval

By the states seceding it was guaranteed not to be approved. NowIF it is all so cut & dried that this war was about Nothing but slavery tell me "WHY" did those states secede without waiting to see if this amendment was adopted.

We have been Fed a line of LIES about this war for over 150 years & they were all produced to exonerate Lincoln for waging an Unconstitutional War. Fact is Lincoln had NO respect for the Black Race, he wanted them deported back to Africa from whence they came or to the Caribbeans. They were for the most part Universally Hated throughout the North, they didn't need them as slaves, so they didn't want them in their States, Period. Lincoln is on record as stating the blacks were an inferior race & could NEVER exist on an equal base with whites in society.

Lincoln conived by Illegal & Unconstitutional means to prevent Maryland, Kentucky & Missouri from leaving the Union. In Maryland alone, more than 100 people in key positions were Jailed without the benefit of a fair trial, simply because they dared to disagree with Lincoln.

Just to liven things up a bit here is a picture of me & a 4th cousin of mine. I'm the pale-faced one. It's not a very good picture because of the backlighting & the person taking it didn't know to compensate for it or how.

Miller/TN
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: [censored]
Bill which one of those 20 democrat idiOts running for president do you like ?

Never did answer the question Bill.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The division in our country started before Obama. I believe that it began with the controversy over the Bush/Gore Presidential election. Once it was final and Bush declared the President-elect the left never accepted it or got over it.

The terrorist attack of September 11th, 2001 really damaged this country. Not just in loss of life but world standing. I don't think that we have truly ever been the same since. The long wars in Iraq and Afghanistan continued the division.

Along comes Obama with his "Hope and Change" nonsense. He promised to fundamentally transform America and he did.

However, not for the better. He divided us even further with identity politics and the blame game. I strongly feel that police officers and other members of law enforcement were ambushed and killed and still have targets on their backs and have lost respect because of the rhetoric put out by Obama, Eric Holder, and others from his administration.

While Trump certainly wasn't the best candidate of choice, the alternative was unacceptable. History will not be kind when they write about the 2016 election. As a country, this was the best we could offer? Clinton is a crook, plain and simple. They tried and failed to force a coronation on us. 2020 is not looking much better. The front runner for the left is a tired, former VP. He was a flawed candidate and person in 1988, and he is a flawed candidate and person now. After him are either whack-a-doodle socialists, or candidates who will say or do anything to pander to a group.

I support the President (like all Americans should do) but he has serious flaws. I always questioned if he has the right temperament. He has done some good things, but I never once believed that Mexico was going to pay for the wall, he has been somewhat ineffective/indecisive with the border, and I wish the childish insults and tweets would stop.

The division continues with the endless lies and distraction of "Russian Collusion." The left hates him and will never accept the results of the election. The hypocrisy of the left is stunning. My fear is, that this will continue no matter who the President is in the future. 2020 and beyond, regardless of results, will be contested and obstructed by the other side.

Young people are being taught that the system is rigged, my generation is racist, and we destroyed the planet. For all of his flaws, J. Edgar Hoover was right about keeping the Communists/Socialists out of our education systems, the workplace, government, and the judicial bench. Sadly, they have infected and become imbedded in them all.

I don't see it getting better. In the end, I believe that Warren is going to be the nominee. The media is dead-set on picking the nominee, and it will be her. She is viewed as the only one who can stand up to Trump. Young people will buy into her hypocritical nonsense about the rich (even though she is), and all Trump will do is waste time calling her "Pocahontas." This will alienate the independents and cost him the women who voted for him because they disliked Clinton so much.

With all I say in this post, history repeats itself. Look back on our history, we have seen this movie before. The concern that I have, is can we rise and overcome it again like in the past. Division and protests are nothing new to Americans. However, the left has severely damaged this country. Like Trump or not, we have to show up in force on election day and vote as many of them as possible out of office.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman
....With all I say in this post, history repeats itself....

....Like Trump or not, we have to....

I think, if it's possible to separate preferences from track record and results, the country has never had a more conservative President. Feelings aside on either side, the entire country has benefited from the prosperity and an atypical consistency.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, I read up on the 20,00 who died. It seems the passage of Obama Care led to a rush of applications that overwhelmed the system. How is that Obamas' fault? Many times 20,000 people died before Obama care because they had no insurance and couldn't pay for care. Passage had to have been a net gain. In my own state 20,000 people now have health insurance for the first time. Many of them would have died otherwise. PS: Of the 20,000 you cited, if they died that quickly, most had to have been so ill they'd have died anyway.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Full of shit you are, Bill. Prior to Obama care passage, anyone without insurance could show up at a hospital emergency room and receive treatment, no questions asked. Hospitals, by law, had to give some health care away, and did. Non profits gave away a bunch.
That ended when the registration for health care began. Those folks were turned away after the unaffordable care act went into place.
They wouldnt have died, waiting, before, Bill.
My premise is your glorious leader is a murderer, on two fronts, the healthcare front and the weapons unleashed into Mexico. If you force a system of insurance on a population that then overwhelms an aspect of healthcare and allows people to linger without treatment, and die, you have murdered them, Bill. If you allow guns to cross a sovereign border, and those guns are then used to kill people on both sides of that border, you have become an accessory to murder, Bill.

You can sugar coat it any way to wish, but, it doesnt change the fact that innocents died. And your community organizer bears most of the responsibility.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, If everyone could just show up and be treated, what's the point of insurance? There must have been no need.Why do you call it unaffordable? It's the insurance of choice for Americans who had nothing else. Nothing else.Twenty million Americans now have health insurance under Obamacare. Who's full of shit? Keep reading the National Enquirer. It's all the information you're capable of grasping.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/30/19 07:29 PM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

So Bill who's your man or democrat showgirl ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, If everyone could just show up and be treated, what's the point of insurance? There must have been no need.Why do you call it unaffordable? It's the insurance of choice for Americans who had nothing else. Nothing else. Keep reading the National Enquirer. It's all the information you're capable of grasping.

Billy, we all know you are dishonest and ignorant, so why are you trying to look even dumber and more deceptive?

ObamaCare was not "the insurance of choice" for the uninsured. They were forced to buy into it under penalty of law.

When the uninsured had a choice... They chose being uninsured, and showed up at ER Rooms where it was illegal for Hospitals to deny them treatment. The cost of treating the uninsured and underinsured was passed on to those of us who worked and had health insurance.

This is why we were mislead and told that costs would come down. We had double digit price increases instead, and the coverage was sub-standard, with very high deductibles to be met before coverage kicked in. Don't act like you don't know about this.

This is why folks are beginning to realize just how big a fraud and fool you are.

By the way... a few months back, you vowed to quit this forum as long as jOe was still posting here. jOe is still here Billy. And your word obviously means nothing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Twenty million Americans now have health insurance under Obamacare. Who's full of shit? Keep reading the National Enquirer. It's all the information you're capable of grasping.

Bill, are you trying to lobby us for single payer 'ocare' for all with your charm? On a side note, it's extremely offensive that you want to limit lowest common denominator 'ocare' to just Americans.

Asked before Bill, have you stepped foot in one of your public health clinics? Okay, so you don't want to go and look for yourself. Maybe, you could ask someone who works at one, how the patrons express their appreciation for free stuff. But hey, we've gone over this before, and your comeback is generic talking points and grade school attempts at bullying, eh?

You make sure sure you vote yes when legal recreational pot comes up on your ballot, then you take a minute to inquire about what the main problems mental health workers face when dealing with your high schoolers. Okay, Bill?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craig, I understand your affection for Trump. He's as stupid as you and somehow ended up in the WH. Hang in there. You could be the Republican nominee someday.Talent, intelligence, experience, education, none of that matters. Just stick to what Fox News tells you to think. Good luck.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

It was unaffordable for a lot of people, Bill. My company was told they had to quit offering the insurance they had, a 4K deductible policy that was reasonably priced, because it didnt cover some portions of reproductive care, which, was irrelevant to my Wife and I. I had a whole 8 weeks to find something different.
I sat on hold with MN Care for 6 weeks. You may recall Minnesota had has a problem for about the last 5 years coming up with solutions to run the computerized aspects of state government, primarily due to the liberal douchebags who are in charge of that. When they finally answered the phone, I was told if there was an alternative available, we had to buy it, or be prosecuted by the IRS.
The alternative turned out to be a policy offered by the school district my wife worked for. She isnt a teacher, and the policy reflected that she wasnt their primary concern-it cost $30,000 a year, and featured a $10,000 deductible.
My wife worked 40 hours a week, and got a paycheck of $27-a month.
I have firsthand knowledge of how shitty a deal the whole unaffordable health care fiasco was. The mandate passed (thank God) and I found a better job with better options. But, you assholes still robbed us of a year of my Wifes pay.

By the way, you would have to be completely clueless to not know the 20,000 number you put up as insured mostly represents people who were shuffled into Medicaid.
You socialists always find a sky is falling non existent problem to make worse, then it was healthcare, now it is BS climate change or failure to secure our borders. You made/make everything worse every time you fools attempt something.

We see it. These are undeniably the best economic times of your entire stinking life, and your hatred for the man who brought it about wont let you see it.

As I said, get used to it. Until a Democrat figures out a way to dick it up.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I understand your affection for Trump. He's as stupid as you and somehow ended up in the WH. Hang in there. You could be the Republican nominee someday.Talent, intelligence, experience, education, none of that matters. Just stick to what Fox News tells you to think. Good luck.

Awe Bill, don't over worry about me. The thoughts I brought up are sitting in plain view in your state, all you have to do is click on the will to see. I get your point though, out of sight out of mind.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The thinnest resume of any president in our lifetime is owned by President Obama.

We lived through it once, but, I wouldnt bet on doing it twice.

You, calling anyone, here, much less Craig, stupid, is a laugh. Most of what he posts requires a level of comprehension and reading ability, along with an awareness of current events and language, that you never have and never will, possess.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, I just renewed your subscription to The National Enquirer for life. You'll never need to feel you lack a firm grasp on all the essential issues. Seriously, health insurance in America is not what it should be, but your party doesn't know how to fix it. Democrats propose several ways to improve it. You really ought to pay them some attention since your personal experience has not been good.Your party is not on your side here, or anywhere else unless you're so rich that paying for health care is not an issue. As for Obama's resume, I have to assume you don't know what it is. Try to say where it's thin.

Bill Ferguson
pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

If nothing else I find this thread interesting it morphed from trees to this dribble. Some thing went belly up some where. as a side note: If as a young man I understood what the democrats stood for I wouldn't be dragging a leg around etc. but then again there is enough lovers of this [my] country to have made it worth it just my two cents worth. [84] going down hill and gaining speed.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

pod, We'er all going down hill here, and it's sad that we fight each other about it. I don't doubt for a moment we all love this country, but we need leaders who can find ways to reduce the friction. Guns are not a central issue. Our right to them is not under serious threat. What is at jeopardy is the foundation of democracy. So long as our President admires men who govern Russia, the Phillipines, and North Korea, we need to worry about the kind of society our grandchildren will inherit.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: pod
If nothing else I find this thread interesting it morphed from trees to this dribble....

Just be thankful King failed miserably in his attempt to turn this into a golf and tree thread.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The only reason that our right to own guns is not now under a serious threat is because we have Donald Trump in the White House instead of an anti-gun Democrat like Obama or Hillary Clinton!

Ted, thanks for the first hand account of what I've been saying about the ObamaCare Insurance that was FORCED down the throats of millions of people. Billy is still lying about Republican attempts to replace it with something better, which were blocked by Dumbocrats.

But Billy doesn't care, and everything you wrote passed right through his empty head. You gave him facts and the truth and first-hand experience. He responds with mindless drivel and insulting claims that you need the National Enquirer to understand the issues. We all see by now that Billy is little more than a brainless sock-puppet for the anti-gun Liberal Democrats.

Billy apparently hasn't heard that Obama had scant experience as an Illinois legislator with no meaningful legislative accomplishments. He ran for Illinois U.S. Congressman in 2000 and lost. He served in the U.S. Senate for less than three years, again, without any major accomplishments. His speech at the 2004 Democrat Convention showed his only real talent... reading a teleprompter.

He was certainly a Democrat loyalist, and we all should know about his extreme 100% anti-gun voting record. He told Professor John Lott at the University of Chicago that I don't believe people should be able to own guns"

https://austrianaddict.com/2016/01/13/the-presidents-views-on-the-founding-and-the-second-amendment/

But this is Brainless Billy's guy... and this moron still supports rabid anti-gunners while planting walnut trees for gun stocks.

Obama never ran a business and never employed anyone like Donald Trump. He never created a job.

We don't know much about his education except his affinity for Socialists. Unlike every President since Truman, Obama has not released his education records. It is very likely that Obama illegally took Student Aid by claiming to be a foreign student. If he is a U.S. citizen, then he would be admitting he is a criminal. If he is not a U.S. citizen and took Foreign Student aid, then he had no legal right to ever be president of the Libtards. I wish Trump would make that point whenever the Democrats ask to see his Income Tax returns. The IRS had audited Trump many time, and if there was anything illegal about his taxes, the IRS would have caught it by now.

Obama does have lots of experience with gay and transgender things. That's why nca225 loved him.

Billy is pretending to ignore me again. That's because he is afraid.

Sidelock
Sidelock

pod, We'er all going down hill here, and it's sad that we fight each other about it. I don't doubt for a moment we all love this country, but we need leaders who can find ways to reduce the friction. Guns are not a central issue. Our right to them is not under serious threat. What is at jeopardy is the foundation of democracy. So long as our President admires men who govern Russia, the Phillipines, and North Korea, we need to worry about the kind of society our grandchildren will inherit.

Hey Bill, where do I find the little smillie faces. Being a dumb guy, I want the headscratch one, and is there a walk on water one for every time you take the high road? How about a belly rub one for every time you write something that feels good?

Why would you need a leader to tell you that you could reduce the friction any ole time you want? You do know what kind of society your grandkids will inherit from any of your terrific twenty, the one with a whole bunch of participation trophies and not much else, eh? And, don't you pawn off that gun garbage on me, I watch fox! Ooops, drool headscratch.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craig, what do you have against the high road? I'd never claim it for myself, but if you see me that way, Ill take it as a compliment. Meanwhile, you need to broaden your horizons. For starters, try the News Hour on PBS. It's sound journalism, and it covers all kinds of important topics that FOX doesn't have time for. You'll be amazed that there's a whole universe out there you weren't aware of.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig....

....Meanwhile, you need to broaden your horizons....

....You'll be amazed that there's a whole universe out there you weren't aware of.

I have nothing against the high road, would you recognize it if it bit you on the hindside? What do you have against smilies?

Look around you Bill, like I try to encourage. In this big wide world and in this the greatest country on God's Earth, the issues that you feel like stirring around, fit in a thimble. What are you going to do when you can tell a kid nods to be polite, but you can see that light in their eyes that they know there's more? No, it's not a tingle up their leg.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Climate change, health care for all, living wages for blue collar workers fit in a thimble? Pray tell, what are the major issues? If I had to guess I might think you feel you're being taxed excessively. I might even agree that you are in a country where Google, Facebook, and Amazon pay no income tax. Still, your and my tax rates are not a central problem. We can pay them and still eat well. A major health emergency, however, could make our life savings disappear overnight.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

A major health emergency, however, could make our life savings disappear overnight.

Wait just a minute Billy.... I thought your Magic Negro Obama saved us all from economic disaster due to a health emergency... except for the 28 million who still didn't have health insurance....

Of course, Ted's wife was left with only a few dollars a month after paying for the ObamaCare forced upon them. Just think, if he wasn't working as well, their health emergency might have been starvation.

One thing we know for sure Billy... if we ever make the mistake of electing any of the anti-gun Democrats who are running against Trump... some or all of our 2nd Amendment Rights could disappear overnight.

We know this because they told us as much in the recent anti-gun Liberal Left Wacko Democrat Debates. I believe I'll vote for a pro-gunner who isn't going to force employers to leave the country due to high corporate taxes, over-regulation, and ridiculous Trade Deals. There are no Democrats in 2019 who will watch out for working class gun owners. NONE!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup, Ted's situation is only his business, but Bill says to suck it up, we just pay the taxes and eat well. By any left wing loonie measure, the ballpark figure mentioned was a 'living' wage, and poof it was redistributed. I'd even guess that the worker in this example, would be financially incentivized by that gov to be single. The village is teaching our future to have grandkids in name only, eh Bill?

Yet another example that the cash spigot has limits, but Bill says our next President will come from the gang of freebies twenty. I wonder if they could destroy the will to go elk hunting by putting 'mandates' on a narrow category of sporting goods and activities, to pay for illegal alien ocare?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Come on, Craig. Tell us what the main issues are since mine don't pose any problems for you.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Come on, Craig. Tell us what the main issues are since mine don't pose any problems for you.

That's easy Billy... The main issue for all of us should be preventing brain dead Libtards like you from turning the United States into a Socialist shit-hole, like Venezuela has become.

The most recent shining example of the failures of Socialism is right there for anyone with an ounce of brains to see. The nation with the most oil wealth and reserves in the Western hemisphere has been experiencing all-time record breaking inflation of over one million percent, and a once prosperous people are reduced to grubbing for food in dumpsters and garbage cans. National Healthcare??? Hospitals in Venezuela can't afford antibiotics and wound dressings! But complete fools like you want to veer the U.S. back toward the same path that destroyed a wealthy nation.

The thought of idiots like you teaching our kids makes me want to puke!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I learned a long time ago that you cannot reason with a liberal. My God, look at what is going on in California, and cities like Portland and Seattle. It is also slowly but surely creeping in on States like Texas.

The key is convincing the young people. They are not being taught history. Rather, they are being brain-washed into thinking that we are somehow the bad country.

If we can only get them to really study Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Chairman Mao, Castro, it goes on and on. They murdered millions in the name of "social progress."

Are we perfect? Of course not. But we provided freedom for most of the world, and I will take our way of life over any mythical Utopia that has not, and never will exist.

Last edited by OldMaineWoodsman; 07/02/19 10:01 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

That's easy Billy... The main issue for all of us should be preventing brain dead Libtards like you from turning the United States into a Socialist shit-hole, like Venezuela has become.

The most recent shining example of the failures of Socialism is right there for anyone with an ounce of brains to see. The nation with the most oil wealth and reserves in the Western hemisphere has been experiencing all-time record breaking inflation of over one million percent, and a once prosperous people are reduced to grubbing for food in dumpsters and garbage cans. National Healthcare??? Hospitals in Venezuela can't afford antibiotics and wound dressings! But complete fools like you want to veer the U.S. back toward the same path that destroyed a wealthy nation.

The thought of idiots like you teaching our kids makes me want to puke!

It is just staggering the socialists don't make the connection. But of course they do...because they aren't really interested in social justice...they are interested in being in charge and being able to force the rest of us to obey their edicts.

Petty, jealous and small minded. Those are the required characteristics to be an active socialist.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craig, I can't wait to see what you consider the compelling issues of the 2020 election. CB,How do you have any idea under the sun what I'm "really" interested in. You're just eager to shoot your mouth off without a clue what you're talking about. You don't know me. You've never met me . Don't presume to offer opinions about me. I'll do the same for you.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Bill

You are welcome to call me James if you want.

You have offered up your opinion here on a variety of subjects many, many times. And you have been consistent in your positions. I think that allows me enough information about what you think (on certain subjects) that presuming to know what you think is perfectly reasonable. I also think that me then having an opinion about those things you are thinking is reasonable.

Feel free to take my statements here as indicative of what I think on certain subjects. It's why I post them after all.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CB, To be specific, What possible reason can you point to to say I don't care about social justice?

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

CB, To be specific, What possible reason can you point to to say I don't care about social justice?

Sorry Bill, a misunderstanding. I thought it was obvious the socialists I was referring to are those who pursue real change, not the sheeple who vote for them. The only assumption I make about you is you have been misled about the true purpose of their efforts and your good nature prevents you from critical thinking that might cast doubt on their stated objectives.

pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

And in the end the swamp can not and will not be drained.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I can't wait to see what you consider the compelling issues of the 2020 election. CB,How do you have any idea under the sun what I'm "really" interested in. You're just eager to shoot your mouth off without a clue what you're talking about. You don't know me. You've never met me . Don't presume to offer opinions about me. I'll do the same for you.

Bill, we have these conversations because you put in writing exactly what other might presume. Right?

Ive gone over this a million and a half times, but I dont want open borders. I dont want victimless recreational drug use, particularly proven gateway drugs that lead to lefties pissing and moaning for mental health bennies. I dont want any more freebies, not to be heartless, but specifically because of the value that people put on free things. I dont want anything to do with the green silly deal or any watered down version. I dont want to hear about Bill enjoying the fruits of the stock market then bs me about corporate or wallstreet greed.

Your President is doing very effective foreign policy things that need to continue. We dont need a return to the major intel agencies working for social justice and against political opponents. Your band of twenty fruit loops can not be given the ability to skew the courts. But, its like a broke record, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

..... You're just eager to shoot your mouth off without a clue what you're talking about. You don't know me. You've never met me . Don't presume to offer opinions about me. I'll do the same for you.

This is quite a dishonest response from the Libtard who continually bashes Conservatives, and accuses them of getting all of their information from Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, or the National Enquirer.

Guess what Billy's... Fox News or Rush didn't invent the crisis in Venezuela. That mess was started by idiots like you who think Socialism is good. I notice you don't even wish to mention it. No surprise there. That's why I don't waste time even thinking I can have a meaningful debate with Libtards who support anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats. That walnut tree you planted has more intelligence.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.