Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

This on the web today, link below. More insights on how careful the restoration work is and precautions taken:

Here is the latest update from Maxime Lpante, French correspondent in France

1) Restoration work hadnt started on the roof. The scaffolding were still being put in place. The architect in chief of the Monuments Historiques (Historical Monuments, the administration that maintains and repairs monuments in France), Philippe Villeneuve, who was responsible for the refurbishing of the spire of Notre-Dame, has stated that : Work had not started yet, scaffoldings were still being built.

2) Everything was done to avoid any source of heat near the wood of the roof. No electrical plug, no welding were allowed. So, Philippe Villeneuve says : The hot spot hypothesis is therefore not the right one.

3) The head of the company that was building the scaffoldings (Europe Echafaudage) (Europe Scaffolding), Julien Le Bras, was interviewed by a French TV (BFM) : All I can say for the time being is that at the moment of the fire, absolutely none of the employees of my company was present on site.

4) He added : All safety procedures on the Notre-Dame de Paris site have been respected.

5) One of my friend sent me an email concerning the security on the roof of Notre-Dame. She has a diploma in Art history and studied in the Ecole du Louvre (Louvre School, were students learn art history and restoration processes) : I visited the framing of Notre Dame with architects of the Btiments de France (Buildings of France, the highest rank for an architect in France), some years ago. This 13th century timber frame was extremely protected. Each intervention is always accompanied by historians, architects, experts; no work is envisaged without extreme caution; no source of heat, no torch, no electrical apparatus is allowed; a high-performance alarm system is in place; and very strict supervision of all people allowed there. I think we will eventually learn that this was arson.

6) So, as I said yesterday, with all these security measures, to have a fire on the roof of Notre-Dame, someone had to bring something there, and lit it up.

Sources :

For 1 and 2, see the article of Le Monde, reserved to the paying members, but the important parts have been copied here:

For 3 and 4, see the article of the Journal du Dimanche, here.

freedomoutpost.com/notre-dame-fire-heres-what-we-know-about-what-started-it/

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree 100% on sympathy for the French people.

But the world being what it is these days, no matter the official explanation for the cause of the fire, there will always be "Notre Dame Truthers"--just as there are 9/11 Truthers, who don't believe that official version either.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Agree 100% on sympathy for the French people.

But the world being what it is these days, no matter the official explanation for the cause of the fire, there will always be "Notre Dame Truthers"--just as there are 9/11 Truthers, who don't believe that official version either.

It is the new American Way. If you don't like the facts then you invent your own "Alternative Facts". Twin Towers, Cathedrals, lead shot, doesn't matter, just make up your own narrative, blame everyone else, and march on. They don't call this the "New World" for nothing.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think I need to expand a bit on my original post. Perhaps it was a knee jerk reaction to what some have said on this Thread. To begin with, my family and I are Traditional Catholics. We are not St Pius X Society however.

As to the abuse that has occurred, it is absolutely wrong and a sin against both man and God. No rational person would encourage or condone any such action(s). Did abuse happen, yes it has. Does it need to be corrected, absolutely. There needs to be a complete purge in the Church from the top down. That includes those who protected the abusers. It must stop and stop now. I'm afraid however this will take some time, especially with the present Pontiff.

That being said, there have been many priests who have been accused and found not guilty. Yet, you never hear about that, only that they have been accused. Some have been accused after they have been dead for years. Why? Money. Some misguided souls are seeing a gravy train and are jumping on it. When found out that they lied, no big deal, but the priests reputation has been ruined. For every rotten priest, there are many more who are good men who follow their vows and do great works for God. But you never hear about them.

I hear a lot of the "Institutional" Church, is it? Sure is, it's also a hierarchy. Does that mean it's all bad or corrupt, no. Is our democracy which is also institutional, bad and corrupt? Institutions are run by men, men are weak and some just plan bad. Does that mean the whole institution is bad, no.

The Church (and I do mean the RCC) was founded by Christ, but was and has been run by mortal men. Some good, some bad. But the good surely outweigh the bad.

The Church has survived for 2000 years and will continue. As Christ said to St Peter: "And the gates of hell shall not prevail against her".

I hope this explains a little from where I'm coming.

I also want to wish each of you and your families a very Blessed and Holy Easter. I do apologize if I have offended anyone by my original post.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

"a high-performance alarm system is in place"

The first level alarm did go off, area checked, then was reset. then the secondary alarm went off. The rest is history.

Many of the riches were removed prior to the restoration. Most or all of the interior statues were replicas.

Last edited by dal; 04/19/19 05:36 PM.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

From the beginning a lot of people in France suspected arson. When you saw the workers restoring Versailles wearing white gloves, you know how serious the French are about their historical buildings. We'll wait and see but I and my family cannot trust the Macron (I am "Jupiter" - seduced by a 39 year old mother of 5 when I was 14 years old) government to be above-board. Hope I'm wrong,

Last edited by Argo44; 04/19/19 11:10 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
I think I need to expand a bit on my original post. Perhaps it was a knee jerk reaction to what some have said on this Thread. To begin with, my family and I are Traditional Catholics. We are not St Pius X Society however.

As to the abuse that has occurred, it is absolutely wrong and a sin against both man and God. No rational person would encourage or condone any such action(s). Did abuse happen, yes it has. Does it need to be corrected, absolutely. There needs to be a complete purge in the Church from the top down. That includes those who protected the abusers. It must stop and stop now. I'm afraid however this will take some time, especially with the present Pontiff.

That being said, there have been many priests who have been accused and found not guilty. Yet, you never hear about that, only that they have been accused. Some have been accused after they have been dead for years. Why? Money. Some misguided souls are seeing a gravy train and are jumping on it. When found out that they lied, no big deal, but the priests reputation has been ruined. For every rotten priest, there are many more who are good men who follow their vows and do great works for God. But you never hear about them.

I hear a lot of the "Institutional" Church, is it? Sure is, it's also a hierarchy. Does that mean it's all bad or corrupt, no. Is our democracy which is also institutional, bad and corrupt? Institutions are run by men, men are weak and some just plan bad. Does that mean the whole institution is bad, no.

The Church (and I do mean the RCC) was founded by Christ, but was and has been run by mortal men. Some good, some bad. But the good surely outweigh the bad.

The Church has survived for 2000 years and will continue. As Christ said to St Peter: "And the gates of hell shall not prevail against her".

I hope this explains a little from where I'm coming.

I also want to wish each of you and your families a very Blessed and Holy Easter. I do apologize if I have offended anyone by my original post.

Best,

Greg

I haven't posted lately, temporarily choosing to catch up on outside work and other projects rather than argue here with Libtards. But this post from gjw (Greg) brought me back for a moment. Greg's original post made absolutely NO EXCUSES for the abuses committed by an extremely small percentage of Catholic clergymen. I cannot think of a single Catholic layperson who ever excused those evil and criminal behaviors, here or anyplace else. Greg certainly did not! For the Preacher Drew Hause to suggest otherwise shows what kind of deceptive and devious person he is. I'd like to know just where or why the Preacher saw crap like this in Greg's original post:

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Greg: I've been thinking about your post all morning, and am stunned and saddened. You seem like a good, decent, and speak the truth kinda guy....

Defending the indefensible makes the defender part of the problem, and we should be working to reform the church (of every denomination), based on God's inerrant word
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherdaysjourneybackhome/reformation

I'd like to know exactly where Greg "defended the indefensible"??? Greg and I have certainly had some unfortunate differences here, but this bullshit from the Preacher is just that... more of his deceptive bullshit. To even suggest that Greg is part of the problem, or that he in any way excuses the crimes of pedophile priests and sex abusers is simply sick and disgusting. Greg's subsequent post was spot-on, but it shouldn't have been necessary for any rational or honest person.

Straying back on the topic of the Notre Dame Cathedral fire, it is hardly surprising to see Larry Clown or BrentD already mocking reports that the preliminary conclusions of the French Government may be wrong... in spite of several credible reports that there was no burning, soldering, welding, or live electrical circuits in the vicinity of the origin of the fire. I'll state my belief that the Liberal Left in France would destroy video or other evidence if it might incriminate some group they favor. This is all just my personal opinion... based upon what I see and read here from those on the Left, and those who try to hide their Leftist beliefs.

And as far as the assh0le nca225 goes... the people who thought directing their energy toward eliminating jOe rather than a useless piece of shit like nca225 deserve him/her.

Happy Easter to some!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you keith. I appreciate your words on my behalf. I'm glad that you know where I'm coming from on this one

Happy Easter!

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

We get how you enjoy projecting victimhood William ("nca said something mean to me and no one came to my defense", like you need anyone's help) but (as we've previously debated) observing bad words or bad behavior is not a "personal attack".
Observing the documented depravity of any "professional denominational executive" representing an institutional church is not an attack on the people who make up that denomination or independent church. Had some "friend of Satan" (unbelievable) not spoken up, and the Criminal Justice System not be involved, predatory pedophiles in the Catholic church would still be enabled, and the Church would still be stonewalling. And it is shameful that the Baptist church has been late to deal with the problem. I wrote the Child Protection Policy for our church in 1995, but few Baptist churches (all independent with no denominational oversite) adopted policies until forced to do so by their insurance carriers.
The church universal was built on the unshakable rock that Jesus IS the Christ (Matthew 16:16), was established on the Day of Pentecost, declared forgiveness of sins in the name of Jesus, not in the name of the church or through the church (Acts 2:38), and knowledge (not hope) of eternal life (1 John 5:13), which Jesus provided by his substitutionary atonement on the cross and proved on that first Easter morning by the resurrection.
Some who claim to represent Jesus are a reproach to the name of our Savior and are driving people away from God. And the Bible made a specific point about the obligation to protect the children in Matthew 18:6.
Bigotry (anti-Catholic or anti-anything else) should have no place on this Forum and should be called out.
Bullying and childish name calling (Libtard, "Jap") should have no place on this Forum.
Speaking the truth, if it IS the truth and not an opinion rooting in hatred or prejudice, is not bigotry. (Ephesians 4:25)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
Thank you keith. I appreciate your words on my behalf. I'm glad that you know where I'm coming from on this one

Happy Easter!

No need to thank me Greg. There is nothing special about simply telling the truth, and confronting serial bullshit.

Happy Easter to you and your family.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.