March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dale May), 769 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Given that in this country we believe in freedom of religion, we should find the desecration of ANY place of worship--Christian, Jewish, Muslim, other--to be a heinous act.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
Oh those poor Christians, they have had it so rough from being tossed into the pits with loins to being forced to sell a cake to the LGTBQ community. I can only imagine the burden of persecution you feel each and every time a priest does the perp walk after decades of raping alter boys.

No burden at all, man. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. And, just to set the record straight, no true believer condones or covers up sinful abuse of children.

Say, did you mean lion's loins?

Hey, I finally get your moniker! Non Christian Advocate (# 225). Is that a really low member number?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The "preliminary conclusion" is it was an "electrical fire." Of course no one has been on site or can enter and investigate because of the fragility of the walls. Nevertheless, 3 days after the fire the government released a preliminary conclusion.

The French are highly "skeptical." No power was connected to the roof according to the construction firm; no welding, no touches during that day of work, no workmen were present. The fire may have started in two places.

The French government so controls the press and is so centralized that it rivals elements of 20th century Eastern Europe. A philosophy commentator...absolutely brilliant..Michel Onfray (and he was not only intellectually stimulating but biting and humorous as well)..was recently banned from French TV because of his comments about Macron. So no French person is accepting this "preliminary report." This is part of the reason for the "Gilet Jaune" (Yellow vest) protests - the utter domination of French society and politics by Paris and the Parisan elite, the graduates of les Grandes Ecoles.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/18/19 08:30 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

"No touches" during that day of work-- My wife was a French language major in college- so what little French I know comes from her- touche- with a dash over the e-- a dueling based term, like en garde, -doubt if the French working lads were repairing the roof area of Our Lady with rapiers and other such pieces of "cutlery"-- The destruction was so vast, it will be most difficult to really deduce the real cause.

It may NOT be attributed to the Muslim terrorist group, but they are our to destroy our Christian world- and they are relentless and will never stop their Jihad-- they may have not started the blazing inferno- but there are other ways by which they might have sabotaged the efforts to stop the inferno-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

When the Twin Towers fell, the French and (most of) Europe stood with the U.S.

No matter our opinion of the French or the depravity and corruption of the institutional Catholic church, we can at least show empathy toward the pain of the French people.

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago my Mother told us kids that the Catholic Church is the most hated Church in the world. Well......she was right. That is according to a bunch of you here on this "Doublegun" forum. I'm so glad that your
denominations are so pure and Holy. It's only the Catholic Church that's rotten and no good. Thanks for pointing out all your "inside" info on the Church.

Oh, BTW, Happy Easter!

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
Years ago my Mother told us kids that the Catholic Church is the most hated Church in the world. Well......she was right.

As a born Catholic, I agree.
However, in my opinion, the Church has essentially brought it on themselves. Too many things done autocratically that really do not make sense, and too many errors buried without correction.
Sorry if you disagree with my position, but......

Last edited by DmColonial; 04/19/19 12:15 PM.

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was a member of the Disciples of Christ, commonly called the Christian Church, by many up until 8 years ago. I was raised in it from an infant. The church house is one mile from my house. The "institutional" DOC became corrupt to the point that they refused to state that Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved to eternal life. They ordained gay priests, gay marriage, and just generally went off the deep end. Our local church fellowship voted unanimously to withdraw from the denomination. Good decision. Jim Jones, of the infamous Guyana mass suicide, claimed the DOC as his denomination. Most of the denomination was horrified and embarrassed by the association he claimed.

I left that church and became a Southern Baptist 8 years ago, with not one iota of regret. We're certainly not perfect either, but the SBC seems to be one of the last bastions of conservative belief in the sanctity of the Scriptures, the sanctity of life, and the Lordship of Jesus. It has had embarrassments of late as well, in the sins of some leadership.

Point is, the "institutional" church of many Christian denominations is corrupt, to some degree. That, however, does not mean the members in God fearing local church fellowships, far removed from the national offices, are.

There reaches a point, for some of us, when association with a corrupt organization requires that we separate ourselves from it, for the sake of a weaker brother if nothing else.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg: I've been thinking about your post all morning, and am stunned and saddened. You seem like a good, decent, and speak the truth kinda guy. It can't possibly be your position that the widespread sexual abuse and the influence of the homosexuals within the Vatican should be defended, and the institutional Catholic church protected from all criticism?

I was the High Adventure Scoutmaster for a group of boy scouts going to the Boundary Waters in 2001. The other leader was an editor of the K.C. Star that made the decision to publish the story that Father Savage had died of HIV in 99'. He became the pariah of his parish for "attacking the church". Was he a "friend of the devil"?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/f...ds-of-the-devil

Defending the indefensible makes the defender part of the problem, and we should be working to reform the church (of every denomination), based on God's inerrant word
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherdaysjourneybackhome/reformation

Christ proved His victory over sin, death and Satan when He got out of the grave on Resurrection Morning. He rose that we might walk in power, freedom and truth. It is God, His Son, and His word that we should be defending, not the sin of any institutional church, false shepherd, or some "professional denominational executive".

And Protestant and Catholic alike need to move beyond (but learn from) our terrible actions of the past; one of which is relevant to this discussion
https://www.stmuhistorymedia.org/assassination-on-the-innocent-the-st-bartholomews-massacre/

Sidelock
Sidelock

The thing that I question, whether isolated or widespread, is not attributing criminal and immoral behavior to human beings. nca has a reason for attacking the 'institutions', not the perps. He's not trolling, he's campaigning for secularism, knowing it's the end game, and not the loons who are his means, that he worships.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.